Could Pruitt survive a 0-12 season?

Well, to be honest. I've been pretty drained, not mad over the first two losses. I can't worry about hypothetical 0-12. I decided to take one week at a time. Pruitt said we'll see improvement every game. I choose to trust him and see it through. For the record...he'll get it done, IMO. Don't know when, but it will happen, that I do believe. GBO!!!

Side note: While driving to Neyland home games, I have pom poms that hang out of the car trunk. Going to work Monday, I noticed, in my rear view mirror,pom poms flying in the breeze. I almost pulled over and put them back in the trunk for the next home game. I made a conscious decision to "own" the fact our team is having a hard time, and leave them hanging out. They'll be out all week. ( not that anyone cares, just thought I'd share).

Yes he could & would if we went 0-12. Too many blow heads in here want that instant gratification. Don't work like that in this game when you've been down as long as we have. Anybody calling for a firing right now are either mad, clueless or both.

We aren't losing Saturday but in the extremely unlikely event we lose Saturday, the last 5 games would be as follows:

Quit and boatraced against Mizzou
Quit and boatraced against Vandy
Quit and manhandled against 2-10 Sunbelt team (GSU)
Epic choke job and quit in OT (BYU)
Loss to middle of pack Southern Conference Team (UTC)

There ain't a chance in hell he would survive that.

Reactions: zydane47
God forbid we do lose to Chattanooga this weekend then we are def looking at the first winless season in UT football history. Do y’all think Pruitt could survive that? I personally don’t think he can survive a 1-11 season

No. But that's kind of like saying, if that monster under your bed eats you, will he pick his teeth or not? My guess is not, since you obviously ain't got much meat on you. To even ask such a question is ridiculous.

That’s depressing....why would you say that? It’s just mean.
It's because of the immense backlash you get for even uttering any ounce of criticism towards Pruitt. It's mind boggling the support he gets for doing nothing. I've accepted the fact that Tennessee football won't be relevant for the foreseeable future.

Really? How many of these idiotic threads are we going to see? OP looking for some attention I guess.

He CAN NOT survive an 0-3 start!!! I'm an UTC alumni and I never want to see them beat the Vols. It would be all the proof I need that Pruitt would never get it done here.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
GSU was the better team that day, hands down & it showed. Huge difference from game 1 - 2 with the coaches, players & the fans. Don't confuse missed assignments & gassed with epic choke job and quit against BYU. We are making improvements. although small. We are not the Vols on the 90's & I understand this. Right now I like this coach & what he's doing. I'm in it for "the big picture" not the "moment". We ain't gonna be down forever!!

Really? So you’re excusing the loss to GSU, a program that’s only been around for 10 years, went 2-10 last year, on talent alone we should’ve won.

This team loses to UTC, ain’t no way in hell Pruitt keeps his job, they’re in the FCS, not exactly a world beater in the FCS either.

They went 6-5 last year, 3-8 the year before. They are picked to finish either 5th or 6th in their conference this year, we lose to them and Pruitt might as well clean out his office that night cause he’ll be gone either Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

No amount of “game by game improvement” will save him.

Reactions: CJBlaze

VN Store

Back