Pruitt not going anywhere

The Original Fade

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.

Thanks for this opinion, first time I've seen it here.

Oh for God sakes. The jury is still out on Pruitt. Georgia State is inexcusable, I'll grant you that. But BYU was a game I thought we might lose. Not happy with how we lost it, but it is what it is. Put another way, 1-1 at this point in the season was well within my expectations for this year. thus, I am willing to give Pruitt a mulligan on the Georgia State game provided nothing remotely like it ever happens again.

I say all that to say this. You are speculating on what might or might not happen at the end of next season. Good God, that's a defeatist attitude. Let's see what happens this season, and then worry about whether we want to gnaw the old tired worn-out flavorless Fulmer bone again.

If the boosters want him gone he will be gone.

You mean the same boosters who love to go cheap on every hire? The same boosters are supposedly going to wake up one day and light 10 million on fire to get rid of Pruitt and then spend another 10 million to go out and hire a coach and staff and pay their current schools' buyouts to get them here? All on top of Butch's buyout?

Funny joke

I agree with this.

I would like to know your definition of “catastrophic conditions” though?

Mine is empty seats and lost football merchandise revenue. Other words, it’s a loss of $$$$$$$..........

Oh for God sakes. The jury is still out on Pruitt. Georgia State is inexcusable, I'll grant you that. But BYU was a game I thought we might lose. Not happy with how we lost it, but it is what it is. Put another way, 1-1 at this point in the season was well within my expectations for this year. thus, I am willing to give Pruitt a mulligan on the Georgia State game provided nothing remotely like it ever happens again.

I say all that to say this. You are speculating on what might or might not happen at the end of next season. Good God, that's a defeatist attitude. Let's see what happens this season, and then worry about whether we want to gnaw the old tired worn-out flavorless Fulmer bone again.

Pruitt and JG say hold our beers

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
You mean the same boosters who love to go cheap on every hire? The same boosters are supposedly going to wake up one day and light 10 million on fire to get rid of Pruitt and then spend another 10 million to go out and hire a coach and staff and pay their current schools' buyouts to get them here? All on top of Butch's buyout?

Funny joke

I think Rucker said with the staff the buyout would be upwards of $15+ million.

OP doesn’t have a clue as to the future, and same for the rest of us.

If this team shows continuous improvement throughout the season and somehow finds 4-5 wins, he likely will get a third season.

However, if the team muddles through the season with more of the same and only 1-2 wins, it is very possible that UT will have no choice.

Only time will tell.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I agree with this.

I would like to know your definition of “catastrophic conditions” though?

Mine is empty seats and lost football merchandise revenue. Other words, it’s a loss of $$$$$$$..........
That's the one thing our fan base doesn't seem to care about. We keep pumping them money and they have no reason to change

Reactions: sport3500 and Alto1
Aaaaaa
aaaaa! Someone with a brain! Well played!

If this was Nick Saban coaching us would everyone be saying fire him after 14 games ?
asking for a friend
Wow...I have to commend you for reaching a whole new level of nonsense. The minor problem with your cheeky question is that, if Saban were coaching us, we would not have gotten worked by Georgia State and followed that by losing to BYU. We also would not have lost by 25 six times last year.

VN Store

Back