Recruiting Forum Weight Loss Advice Thread

I could but I don’t want to. You ever done PSMF?
I have not. I'm lazy when it comes to rigid diets. I like to eat volume. That's why this low carb thing has worked for me. I can a lot of food. And I can eat foods that I like. I like to snack and I've found things I can snack on. I like sweets and I've found low carb versions of the sweet things I like. As I've gotten further into this it's gotten easier and I've adapted. I get to eat steak, chicken, even fried, seafood, pizza, beer, cheesecake, and candy bars.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I have not. I'm lazy when it comes to rigid diets. I like to eat volume. That's why this low carb thing has worked for me. I can a lot of food. And I can eat foods that I like. I like to snack and I've found things I can snack on. I like sweets and I've found low carb versions of the sweet things I like. As I've gotten further into this it's gotten easier and I've adapted. I get to eat steak, chicken, even fried, seafood, pizza, beer, cheesecake, and candy bars.
90% of those have carbs 🤔🤔

Are you trying to go into ketosis?
You know, I wasn't originally and I'm not really focused on that. I have been solely focused on weight loss. It has worked for me as I've lost 40 lbs in 6 months. The weight loss has slowed down a bit but it probably has been a little bit to not being as active over the last few weeks as I've been playing nurse to Mrs. InVOL who's had a hip replacement. I'll probably start hitting the gym soon. I'm holding steady at 232 and my original goal was 225. I think "m going to lower that a bit, may try for 210. I'm a big guy, 6'-3, so I can carry 210 pretty well.

I realize you meant that for Gucci but I thought I would respond too.

You know, I wasn't originally and I'm not really focused on that. I have been solely focused on weight loss. It has worked for me as I've lost 40 lbs in 6 months. The weight loss has slowed down a bit but it probably has been a little bit to not being as active over the last few weeks as I've been playing nurse to Mrs. InVOL who's had a hip replacement. I'll probably start hitting the gym soon. I'm holding steady at 232 and my original goal was 225. I think "m going to lower that a bit, may try for 210. I'm a big guy, 6'-3, so I can carry 210 pretty well.

I realize you meant that for Gucci but I thought I would respond too.

One of the great things about low carb diets are that they allows you to eat the satiating foods you enjoy from the protein and fat macros, and you're ultimately still maintaining a calorie deficit to drive the weight loss. Diet is the hardest part to figure out since there are so many variables, as opposed to training which is relatively easy to program for. Keep up the nice work

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Mine is still pretty good for being in my low 30's. I'm also on my feet moving a lot throughout the day.
Yeah I lift and do some light cardio but sit most of the day. Plus it’s hot as fk here for 5 months so no outside walking during that time

That’s what I’m trying for. Extreme weight loss. 1.5-2lbs a week.

You may want to look into carb cycling if you can tolerate 100g of carbs per day. If you're going from something like a 40/40/20 carb/protein/fat macro ratio, you're going to be shedding water weight like crazy. You're a big guy, so you could blow out your 1.5-2 lbs per week goal if you can maintain low carb for an extended period.

You may want to look into carb cycling if you can tolerate 100g of carbs per day. If you're going from something like a 40/40/20 carb/protein/fat macro ratio, you're going to be shedding water weight like crazy. You're a big guy, so you could blow out your 1.5-2 lbs per week goal if you can maintain low carb for an extended period.
That is my hope. Still have decent muscle mass and have been lifting again for about 5 months.

@Big Gucci Sosa

Dinner:

2 1/4lb cheeseburgers 4 carbs
Low carbs bread. 12 carbs
Mayo 0 carbs
Mustard. 0 carbs
Three corona premiums 5 carbs
21 total carbs

I'm stuffed.

Had a salad for lunch from Subway. Had the spicy Italian. Less than 5 carbs.

Total under 30 carbs. Probably will have an Atkins caramel chocolate nut bar, similar to a baby Ruth for 3 carbs. Still around 30 for the day.

VN Store

Back