For those who want a coaching change

If we are going to hire another coach from the bargain bin, we might as well keep Pruitt 4 years..

If we actually want to commit to playing big boy football, then we should consider a change this offseason if we are in the 2-10 or 3-9 range...

I agree and what is more frustrating is we have the money!!! Lets be honest, the already approved $340 million Neyland renovation ain't gonna mean SH$% if no one is showing up to the games. Use a fraction of that money, pay off all of our coaches past and present, and lets start offering some real money. 4 to 5 million a year is chump change at this point. Think about Bama, prior to Saban they were not that good and had not been for awhile. Like us they had some bad coaching hires (Mike Price and the strip club come to mind) and the fans were losing interest. They offered Saban a mint to come and Saban turned the whole thing around. And honestly, look at the money Bama has made since hiring Saban. They have recouped their costs to hire him multiple times over.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Think about where coaching changes have put us in the past. Also, consider this.. CJP took a job that NOBODY wanted. So, how would you expect anyone to come on board after firing a coach after 14 games? All of this talk does nothing but help other teams recruiting against us. Yes, some of the people on here are helping alabama georgia and florida recruit against us. We knew going in that CJP had never been a head coach and with that mistakes would be made. He has only had one full recruiting class and look what that class is doing already.. Eric Reid Henry T, wanya Morris and darnell Wright are already making a difference... give the guy at least 3 years to get players in the program and start the development process before you start trying to fire...

We have had a really tough 12 years.. that isn't an overnight fix.. but I've seen huge improvement in this team. In 2008 crompton was bad.. 2009 crompton was bad until he started to pick up Cheney's offense.. then the georgia game happened... give these coaches a real chance to develop players before you start trying to fire them.

I want to win as bad as anyone, but we have a team of young players that need to be developed.. our previous coach didn't develop players.. give our current staff a chance to develop this class before trying to start over again...

I'm done with my rant... so let the naysaying start and Go Vols!

UDA64HMKRZBAHJW6YPVRZUMSTI.jpg

If we let go of a coach after 14 games... you won't have a lot of people interested with a leash that short...
Fulmer will wait till 1-6 or 1-7 to force his hand. By that point it’s 6-13/6-14 overall record. I will say this for the LAST TIME. Read the post carefully. If one of those numbers is reached this year Pruitt IS DONE got it??

Fulmer will wait till 1-6 or 1-7 to force his hand. By that point it’s 6-13/6-14 overall record. I will say this for the LAST TIME. Read the post carefully. If one of those numbers is reached this year Pruitt IS DONE got it??

Not if the current recruiting class holds together. And there are more signs saying they will stick together regardless of the W/L total than there are that they would look elsewhere...

Fire him now? No point. But when/if he goes 1-8 this season and he holds all of the worst of UT records, then you got to do something because money starts flying out the window. No butts in seats get you fired real quick

And If you think Tennessee will get anyone worth their salt as a HC your dreaming.

I just want to know why all these Fire Pruitt people think that just because we will spend 10-13 million in buying out Pruitt and his staff, we will spend big money on a new coach and staff.....

Lol we will just spend 2-3 million on some up and comer google coach. Pass.

Reactions: feathersax
Think about where coaching changes have put us in the past. Also, consider this.. CJP took a job that NOBODY wanted. So, how would you expect anyone to come on board after firing a coach after 14 games? All of this talk does nothing but help other teams recruiting against us. Yes, some of the people on here are helping alabama georgia and florida recruit against us. We knew going in that CJP had never been a head coach and with that mistakes would be made. He has only had one full recruiting class and look what that class is doing already.. Eric Reid Henry T, wanya Morris and darnell Wright are already making a difference... give the guy at least 3 years to get players in the program and start the development process before you start trying to fire...

We have had a really tough 12 years.. that isn't an overnight fix.. but I've seen huge improvement in this team. In 2008 crompton was bad.. 2009 crompton was bad until he started to pick up Cheney's offense.. then the georgia game happened... give these coaches a real chance to develop players before you start trying to fire them.

I want to win as bad as anyone, but we have a team of young players that need to be developed.. our previous coach didn't develop players.. give our current staff a chance to develop this class before trying to start over again...

Ah yes, the nobody wanted the job *cough* Mike Leach *cough*. Oh and the who are we going to hire. Oh and the he needs more time to get his recruits in here. This staff is stubborn and CJP is not a CEO type

I wish I could like this post more than once!!!!
1568120306375.jpeg

I just want to know why all these Fire Pruitt people think that just because we will spend 10-13 million in buying out Pruitt and his staff, we will spend big money on a new coach and staff.....

The man in your picture would like to be back in Knoxville

There really aren't that many people saying he should be fired right now, but for reason we need 63 threads a day ranting about them

Yep, the revolt happened and the fans got control and this happened. All over every news outlet in Knoxville and around the country. It angered the one person we wanted to get rid of and he began moving pieces. He fired Davenport and him and his hand puppets now control the BOT. Somewhere out there he’s sitting back saying I told you so and is waiting to throw it in Fulmers face. If it gets bad enough, he will flex his muscle and force his hand and Fulmer will have zero choice. He’ll get the man he wants and reign over football once again. If he fires Fulmer we might as well write off the program all together

I can think of millions of reasons they will not fire JP. If fired without cause before his contract expires on Jan. 31, 2024, Pruitt would be owed 60 percent of the remaining balance. For example, for simplicity's sake, if Pruitt is fired on Feb. 1, 2020, after his second full season as head coach, Tennessee would owe him 60 percent of $15.2 million ($3.8 million over four years): $9.12 million.

Plus, they are still paying a huge debt to Lyle, the rest of his buyout.

I think we would absolutely be able to get Mike Leach or even David Cutcliffe.

Cut probably only has 4-5 years left. I can see UT being the one school he would come back to. His lifelong (almost) friend is AD and a program he helped build into a juggernaut needs help. I can see him coming here and stabilizing the ship and leaving the program stable for the next hire.

Leach? I doubt that Fulmer would even consider Leach and the BoT/Boosters would also likely not like Leach. Leach works at a small school where he can be... himself... and the school knows they can't get any better. I think he'd do well here, but there would be constant clashes with AD/Boosters.

Beyond those 2, it's more of the same. There are no sure bets in CFB as Fuente and Kelly as displaying at VT and UCLA.

Right fire a coach after 14 games and they will lining 100 deep to take the job. GTFOH
Like was said earlier, about 1% saying fire now. Most are saying it’s likely he won’t get the job done based on what’s happening. He continues down a path of a 1-3 win season then we can see what we have to do. But I guarantee you somebody gets fired if that happens.

I can think of millions of reasons they will not fire JP. If fired without cause before his contract expires on Jan. 31, 2024, Pruitt is owed 60 percent of the remaining balance. For example, for simplicity's sake, if Pruitt is fired on Feb. 1, 2020, after his second full season as head coach, Tennessee would owe him 60 percent of $15.2 million ($3.8 million over four years): $9.12 million.

Plus, they are still paying off Lyle the rest of his buyout.

Tennessee will lose a hell of a lot more than that if they only beat UTC this year.

And remember, UT already has invested (through boosters mostly) another $350mil in Neyland. $600mil invested in mostly directly football-related facilities over the last decade and we're stressed about $9mil.

Tennessee used to be one of the highest revenue programs in the country... now we're #15. That will slip out of the top 20 soon if something isnt' done. Again, this school will lose a LOT more than Pruitt's buyout if they keep this gump employed. He is tanking Tennessee and, IMO, mocking it in the process.

That Titanic comment basically sealed the deal for me. He's either dumb as a box of rocks or he isn't with the intent/scope of that comment. Both are definitely bad for Tennessee.

If we were to fire Pruitt after year two, we can kiss recruiting goodbye and the talent we are starting to attract won't stay or will have to go through the learning curve of learning ANOTHER system. That is the problem we are seeing right now... You've got a lot of young talent having to step up in year one, playing with upper class man who are either struggling or are unwilling to learn the new systems... remember his first comments regarding the size of our players under Jones. I struggle with patience myself, but we must persevere for at LEAST one more season before we throw the current staff overboard! We have some great freshman talent this year that are being utilized and are learning on the job. We also have some talent already committed to coming in next year that should help solidify the depth chart. Its going to be a ride but if we hang on I think we will be back!!! The one decision I would like to see is give our young quarterbacks a chance to rise to the occasion, just don't see JG getting it done!!

A job "nobody wanted"? Hardly. There are any number of Derek Dooleys out there who'd come to Knoxville in a heartbeat. The trick is to get somebody off everybody's shortlist of up and comers. That takes an A.D. with savvy.

VN Store

Back