I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

I am a Tennessee fan and support the football team and coaches until they have had enough time to prove they can or can not do the job. The football program has not been good for 10-12 years and the Administration has tried to hire proven football coaches. Those good coaches chosen have not to take the job. The quality of recruits have not been competitive with the leaders in the SEC and the quality of the football team has not been very good. I be;ieve that Pruitt has shown that he can recruit better football players and he should have the opportunity and time to succee or fail. Posters like your make the difficult job even more difficult and then you rasie you ugly head and want to clean house again start the process all over again. That will never work. Maybe you and others should get off their high-horses and let the system work out.Knee jerk reactions seldom are successful as we have witnessed over the last 10 years.

First, 3 years for Dooley, and 5 for Jones, is not knee jerk reactions. They were disasters that should’ve gotten a quicker hook if anything.

Second, you rode both ships all the way down with them, and like I said, developed some sore of memory loss that you did so, and pretend you knew all along that “Jones killed the program”, which he did, due to unwavering support from the university. The same administration that has to tell you when it’s ok to pull your support for a coach.

So sir, with all due respect, please have your opinions, but chastising (again) the same people that clearly have the ability to recognize major problems with the program long before you, well, you’ve lost all credibility to do so.

I’ve seen this before. Trust the process.

The head coach himself doesn't know the process.

We've put ourselves in a double-bind. We first have a clear rebuilding situation. No doubt about it.

But we've added more misery to ourselves by hiring a head coach who has never experienced a rebuilding process in his life.

So while we're teaching our players how to play we are also having to teach our head coach how to be a leader in this situation.

Hard to believe there is a process at work here when we're engaged in a process educating the Eliza Doolittle of the SEC in the basic functions of doing the job we hired him to do.

Reactions: Doberman
After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)

Instead of thinking what can be done to improve the W-L record of 2019, we should see it as a long gradual return to greatness, and future years of winning. Let's not start over again!

Reactions: Bob Neyland
The head coach himself doesn't know the process.

We've put ourselves in a double-bind. We first have a clear rebuilding situation. No doubt about it.

But we've added more misery to ourselves by hiring a head coach who has never experienced a rebuilding process in his life.

So while we're teaching our players how to play we are also having to teach our head coach how to be a leader in this situation.

Hard to believe there is a process at work here when we're engaged in a process educating the Eliza Doolittle of the SEC in the basic functions of doing the job we hired him to do.

I don’t agree with that. Like Kirby, Pruitt was with Saban during the 5 years he rebuilt Alabama.

There’s a difference between knowing what to do and recognizing what can be done.

I don’t agree with that. Like Kirby, Pruitt was with Saban during the 5 years he rebuilt Alabama.

There’s a difference between knowing what to do and recognizing what can be done.

He wasn't a coach on the field until well after Alabama completed its rebuilding process. Using your logic, we should hire Eli Gold as a head coach because he was at Alabama while Saban and his coaching staff were rebuilding the program. Maybe we should look at Finebaum as well because he's spent the last 12 years up Saban's ass, making him perfectly qualified to rebuild Tennessee football.

Perhaps we should hire Butch back because we saw him on television next to Saban during the Clemson game.

This is the continuing problem, not just at Tennessee but at a few other SEC programs. We see the guy coached with Saban and we just naturally assume he has the ability to do this job. Problem is that we really don't take a close look at the resume to see if his experience matches what we need in the role.

We hire people like Pruitt because we consistently fail to approach people who have real, valid experience rebuilding football programs. We get Kiffin because he was at USC during the Carroll years. We get Dooley because he had the Saban aura all around him. We hire Butch because of his association with Kelly. And now we roll back to the hot-shot whose sole qualifications appear to be his ability to be successful with programs that are already well-established and his Saban shine.

Tennessee routinely puts the wrong criteria in place for this position. And we wonder why we get regression instead of progression with this program.

Last edited:
I am a Tennessee fan and support the football team and coaches until they have had enough time to prove they can or can not do the job. The football program has not been good for 10-12 years and the Administration has tried to hire proven football coaches. Those good coaches chosen have not to take the job. The quality of recruits have not been competitive with the leaders in the SEC and the quality of the football team has not been very good. I be;ieve that Pruitt has shown that he can recruit better football players and he should have the opportunity and time to succee or fail. Posters like your make the difficult job even more difficult and then you rasie you ugly head and want to clean house again start the process all over again. That will never work. Maybe you and others should get off their high-horses and let the system work out.Knee jerk reactions seldom are successful as we have witnessed over the last 10 years.

mike-leach-wsu-obama-tweet-donors-cost.jpg

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
👍

I get a kick out of all the professionals on this board, many of which have run nothing as complicated as a convenience store, opining how to run a multi hundred million dollar operation.

Yes, I have no problem if JP loses this year. Or next for that matter.

The goal has to be the return to long-term competitiveness. Alabama thinks like that. Georgia does too now that Kirby is there. UT thinks in terms of "this year" and seem surprised when they bet it all, like Butch did, and left the cupboard bare for the future.

Alabama spent 10 years in a lost decade after Stallings before finding their footing again. UT will be fine. Trust the process. You have two natty winners in the club and a football man running the show. I predict UT to be competitive in 2-3 years. Because that's what it's going to take.
By this thought process Alabama would have kept Mike Shula, he was doing much better than his predecessors..

I guess you want Jeremy Pruitt for 2-3 more seasons and the 2-3 more losing seasons that would likely come with that
What do you propose? Fire Pruitt after 14 games? WTF will come here then? Because EVERYONE wants to coach where they fired his predecessor after 14 games....

I swear after every loos some of our so called fans IQ drops 25 points...

We would be in the same boat we are now and have likely not have a future less promising than we do now. So this clown beat Texas one year and never won a title.

You don't know that, and with what he has done in the first two games of this season with his non-ranked QB, we most definitely would much more likely be 2-0, instead of 0-2.

We'd also have a team lead by a different QB if I had to guess.

Instead of thinking what can be done to improve the W-L record of 2019, we should see it as a long gradual return to greatness, and future years of winning. Let's not start over again!
I think you missed the caveat. I wanted to see what was the reward of posting completely negative garbage. None that I can detect. I am going to respond to certain quotes of my posts in the same mindless manner I read from the select few.

He wasn't a coach on the field until well after Alabama completed its rebuilding process. Using your logic, we should hire Eli Gold as a head coach because he was at Alabama while Saban and his coaching staff were rebuilding the program. Maybe we should look at Finebaum as well because he's spent the last 12 years up Saban's ass, making him perfectly qualified to rebuild Tennessee football.

Perhaps we should hire Butch back because we saw him on television next to Saban during the Clemson game.

This is the continuing problem, not just at Tennessee but at a few other SEC programs. We see the guy coached with Saban and we just naturally assume he has the ability to do this job. Problem is that we really don't take a close look at the resume to see if his experience matches what we need in the role.

We hire people like Pruitt because we consistently fail to approach people who have real, valid experience rebuilding football programs. We get Kiffin because he was at USC during the Carroll years. We get Dooley because he had the Saban aura all around him. We hire Butch because of his association with Kelly. And now we roll back to the hot-shot whose sole qualifications appear to be his ability to be successful with programs that are already well-established and his Saban shine.

Tennessee routinely puts the wrong criteria in place for this position. And we wonder why we get regression instead of progression with this program.

We hired Pruitt because he knows the SEC, the major recruiting areas, and mostly because he accepted the job when no one else would.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
We would be in the same boat we are now and have likely not have a future less promising than we do now. So this clown beat Texas one year and never won a title.

The guy who rebuilt Texas Tech and Washington State, two isolated programs with liabilities in facilities and recruiting, would do worse than the guy who hasn't done this kind of job in his life?

We hired Pruitt because he knows the SEC, the major recruiting areas, and mostly because he accepted the job when no one else would.

The Canonization of Jeremy Pruitt continues. Has the Pope made him a Saint yet?

He knows the SEC...the elite level of it.

That did not qualify him for the Tennessee job.

The line that no one else wanted this job is patently false.

The Canonization of Jeremy Pruitt continues. Has the Pope made him a Saint yet?

He knows the SEC...the elite level of it.

That did not qualify him for the Tennessee job.

The line that no one else wanted this job is patently false.

Yes. Let’s not get anyone that knows elite play in the SEC.

o_O Thanks for telling us how to feel and react

I can totally understand why people want to see Pruitt fired. Personally, I do not feel that way, after seeing the improvement from game one to game two. Pretty sure we destroy UTC. Hopefully even more improvement will happen.
It's all about the culture of losing, in UT Football. We have a knack for stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. So, naturally, with the attitude/mindset, we found a way to gift wrap a win to BYU.
Until there is a culture of victory, and a bit of a swagger, this will continue.

Reactions: BanditVol
Yes. Let’s not get anyone that knows elite play in the SEC.

So we go get Butch back next time, because his presence on Saban's payroll indicates he knows how to be a head coach in the SEC.

Why not? Worked with Dooley. Working well right now, too.

The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.
Troll alert! Not a vol, likely a bammer causing trouble and stirring **** up. Doesn't even sound remotely authentic.

Dude Georgia fired a 9 win a year coach to get a new one and I live in south ga, trust me if Kirby didn’t start winning at a high level immediately they were about to start getting rabid.. Bama did go through the same kind of thing as us and you know what eventually brought them back? It was filtering through coaches until they got the right one. It was not holding on to any of the losers they hired before Saban.

What do you mean by "holding on"? Shula was given five years. Franchione left of his own accord, bammer would have been happy to hold on to him at the time. The only coach they fired prematurely was DuBose, and he was banging a secretary and embarrassed the university.

We will in my opinion lose the 2020 recruits if Tennessee finishes 2-10 which is very possible. A 2-10 season this season and a 3-4 win season in 2020 would eff up Tennessee football recruiting for years to come in my opinion.
Well over 6,000 posts since Feb. 2019 and everything that's posted by you is the most negative. You certainly have an agenda that doesn't favor UT. We're not gonna lose that many recruits and this team will improve as the season goes along. Many true VFL's are well aware that UT is not gonna contend for several years but it's gonna be done right this time because a caring VFL is calling the shots now. Crawl back into your hole down in Ga., Fla., S.Car., Kentucky, wherever you're from. 2thetop!!!! Go Big Orange !!

VN Store

Back