Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

So we are officially saying, “just you wait till basketball season” now. Crazy times man, crazy times!🤪
GBO!!

Vols now 100% CB on 247 and 100% on Rivals futurecast for Springer. Three 5 stars plus great shot at PJ Hall. 4 star Victor Bailey and 4 star Uros Plavsic transfers. Holy Sh-t
What do the kids say, #BasketballSchool, #NewMoneyBlueBlood, #BarnesisaTop3Coach, #Fantastic4in'20=Final4in'20, or something like that ?

Question I'm asking myself is did the big money Barnes is receiving make him more appealing to these recruits because it shows stability.
I have no idea, can't hurt, tho. But, imo, getting 3 players drafted this year with 2 coming out as juniors and a 4th getting a NBA contract has more to do with it

Vols now 100% CB on 247 and 100% on Rivals futurecast for Springer. Three 5 stars plus great shot at PJ Hall. 4 star Victor Bailey and 4 star Uros Plavsic transfers. Holy Sh-t
How realistic is PJ Hall? I've read elsewhere he seems to be a FL lean.

How realistic is PJ Hall? I've read elsewhere he seems to be a FL lean.
His sister plays volleyball at Florida. His Dad grew up and fraternal grandparents live in Kingsport and Dad balled out there and is a UT fan, along with the grandparents. Florida is considered the favorite, but PJ likes Barnes and has ties to Tennessee, so 60-40, Florida, imo, right now

Hope so. We need a big man in the class.
Agreed. I believe Dylan Cardwell, out of Virginia is UT's back-up plan. 6'11 athlete, more in the Kyle Alexander mode, rim protector, rebounder, put back dunk kinda kid. Imo, way ahead of a junior Alexander, right now. Once again, imo, a senior Alexander kind of center already as a freshman. Probably not as good as Alexander mid-range and free throw shooter, but better everywhere else. Not a bad consolation prize if we miss out on Hall

Reactions: Vols All Day
Love your enthusiasm Dog, but if Caldwell was as good as a senior Alexander right now, he’d be a top 20 recruit IMHO.
Yeah, I may have gotten a little carried away on Cardwell, wv. Still think Cardwell is way ahead of a sophomore Alexander and I do believe he is a top 100 recruit. Definitely more of a classic big man than say PJ Hall

Yeah, I may have gotten a little carried away on Cardwell, wv. Still think Cardwell is way ahead of a sophomore Alexander and I do believe he is a top 100 recruit. Definitely more of a classic big man than say PJ Hall
Cardwell is ranked #114 by Rivals and is a 4*. The most generous ranking for him, by far. Not even top 200 on 247.

I like Caldwell. I think he could be a huge player if developed well, and I think Barnes is just the guy to do that.
I wouldn’t hate it if we landed him as a backup to Hall. My post wasn’t meant as a commentary on my feelings about him. Just clearing the air about where he’s ranked by the services. I’m of the belief anymore that Barnes could turn a turd into chocolate, so I’m there with you in that regard.

I wouldn’t hate it if we landed him as a backup to Hall. My post wasn’t meant as a commentary on my feelings about him. Just clearing the air about where he’s ranked by the services. I’m of the belief anymore that Barnes could turn a turd into chocolate, so I’m there with you in that regard.

He'd be making more than $5m if he could do that literally.

Repost what I shared in the football recruiting forum:

I’m going to paraphrase what Jerry Meyer of 247 basketball recruiting said on Tony Basilio today. Meyer, who in years past has been brutally honest about our basketball recruiting, explained how different things are now for the Vols. In the past Tony B would ask about top recruits and Meyer would say, “Not much chance of landing him.” Over and over.

Meyer said Barnes has helped Tennessee carve out a niche and we have an identity. Our reputation is now a school where top recruits can go if they want to work hard and develop. No surprise right? When you recruit guys who don’t look like good college players and then you get them drafted it changes things.

Now Tony is asking about our chances with specific elite recruits and Meyer responds, “It’s boring to keep answering the same way about each recruit. Tennessee has as good a chance as any school in being in the top 5 for any player.” He went on to describe that most elite players will have 1 or 2 local schools in the top, as well as 1 or 2 blue bloods, then the other spot is for teams like the Vols. Said if we really want to get in with any recruit we now can.

The discussion moved on to Pruitt and callers were saying that we need to give Pruitt the time to do the same exact model. We have to keep developing good players and start getting guys drafted again.

VN Store

Back