I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

How many are willing to ride the Pruitt storm out?!

I’m willing with a change at QB...

Not willing without. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose at this point with trying a new QB...except 10 more games...

Been going to UT games since ‘79....but, I’ll be damned...

With Josh Dobbs, we’re in a completely different place. But we don’t. So suck it up until we get players who can play.

"Big Orange" seems inappropriate for the Vol program during the run of inadequate coaches in recent years.

The Program continues to receive too much media attention given the meager achievements in recent years.

What's needed now is a select group of TN politicians to get into the fray calling for a total overhaul of the UT sports programs.

And why is that? No stability. No process. Just hire s hot coach and hope for the best. Hope is not a strategy.

Get an SEC staff. Get people who know how to recruit and develop for SEC play. Be patient.

You can hire gimmicks and get to 6-6. But most want more.
Yep, Butch should still be here. LMFAO

Just so you can wallow in your happiness with Pruitt, I am sure that he will be around long enough for all of us to see this team plummet to the worst season in UT history. Pruitt can’t even beat bad mid major programs. The SEC will be brutal.

Blind allegiance has never served anybody well.

Just curious. What do you think if Butch was still HC?

How many years does he need to turn the program around to beat Georgia State and BYU?

Ga St was a horrible loss, similar to Wyoming but being the season opener is worse, no sugar coating that one. BYU is a bad loss, like losing to Memphis. More than 1 year apparently.

Now it’s all about getting better every week. No one player can either win or lose a game, but in a close game every player can impact the outcome. Like the guy that went running out on the field against Florida causing a 5 yards penalty. Is that why we lost? No. But it didn’t help. We have too many players that just aren’t helping us win.

Reactions: EZE
Just curious. What do you think if Butch was still HC?

I know one thing...the record wouldn’t be worse.

That was a layup.

And seriously. By the end of this season, I predict that Butch will not own the most futile season in UT history.

Reactions: Titan05
but, fact is Pruitt and this staff are damn good recruiters and perceivers of talent.
Uh. Have you seen Pruitt's recruiting rankings the last two years. I think "damn good recruiters" is a large exaggerated stretch. He has been middle of the pack in the SEC truth be told. IMO the brand is enough to get you middle of the pack.

Reactions: EZE
Ga St was a horrible loss, similar to Wyoming but being the season opener is worse, no sugar coating that one. BYU is a bad loss, like losing to Memphis. More than 1 year apparently.

Now it’s all about getting better every week. No one player can either win or lose a game, but in a close game every player can impact the outcome. Like the guy that went running out on the field against Florida causing a 5 yards penalty. Is that why we lost? No. But it didn’t help. We have too many players that just aren’t helping us win.

And coaches....

Correct. Please, see my comment to the future is bright for vols thread.
Not sure how you got a positive vibe from his post. He was in no way saying that the future is bright. Just that firing Pruitt now would only make things worse and prolong the agony. I can’t speak for him, but somehow I don’t think he would buy into the whole future is bright scenario.

Just so you can wallow in your happiness with Pruitt, I am sure that he will be around long enough for all of us to see this team plummet to the worst season in UT history. Pruitt can’t even beat bad mid major programs. The SEC will be brutal.

Blind allegiance has never served anybody well.
I guess you missed that I acquiesced to your way of thinking. Burn the team to the ground and salt the earth. Why should I show allegiance to my alma mater, a team I have been a fan of for 43 years.

I guess you missed that I acquiesced to your way of thinking. Burn the team to the ground and salt the earth. Why should I show allegiance to my alma mater, a team I have been a fan of for 43 years.

Well, we will be forced to watch it burn with your man Pruitt at the helm.

He's coming back no matter what. There is no money to pay that buyout, the staff's buyouts, and hire anyone else. Doesn't matter how mad people are, unless someone wants to write a 10 million dollar check, it's not happening.
There will be ALOT less money when there’s empty seats. That will get any coach fired

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
‘Bout time you came around. Now get your paper bag. put it over your head, and STFU.

Doesn’t matter.

Sunshine pumpers always want to keep a loser.

NegaVols always want to fire a guy after a loss.

But the truth is none of it actually matters. The school will do what they want, when they want and they don’t give a sh!t what either side wants.

If you want to influence the program do it with dollars. With hold it from them and they’ll make changes. Give them away and they’ll keep giving you what you got. Easy math.

These threads have always been full of armchair coach's that know more than the people paid to do the job. At some point you have to step back from the coach bashing and see that the players for the most part are not very good. Yes there are two or three SEC players above the sophomore level but that's all. Bitch about coaching all you wish but the coach is not the one on the field executing plays. Now should the coach bench many of these half assed self centered players? Your dang right but how can he do that with unproven guys below. It makes me want to hurl when one of these guys makes one decent play and struts around like a chicken then gets to the camera and folds his arms. If I were the coach that players happy ass would ride the bench after a stunt like that.. Butttt nooooooooo old guy you just do not understand young people these days. Well by gosh I understand the difference between a group of guys on a field and a team pulling together. That left when they fired Fulmer and hired Kiffin who let these guys just do as they please. Until players start playing for each other and the team you could dig up Bear Bryant and he could not win with this bunch.

Not sure how you got a positive vibe from his post. He was in no way saying that the future is bright. Just that firing Pruitt now would only make things worse and prolong the agony. I can’t speak for him, but somehow I don’t think he would buy into the whole future is bright scenario.
Im guessing you didnt read my comment in the thread I mentioned. The future is bright for VOLS
Go read it. You'll see how it correlates with op's post.

VN Store

Back