I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

How many years does he need to turn the program around to beat Georgia State and BYU?
Ask Butch Jones. He is the one who destroyed our football program and you seem to not understand the barriers of rebuilding a football team under the current rules. Seams like a new Troll has found a home.

Reactions: TNDeb3
Has anyone tried the new Popeye's chicken sandwich? Is it really as good as people are making it out to be?

So, was it the right decision to let Butch hang around his last year or to - or would the program have been in a better place had we pulled the trigger erlier?

Or should he still be the coach? Not sure I understand when its "rational" to think a coach should be let go.

So we win 2-3 games this year and a coach has your support. How many the next year, and the next? In year 4 should we be competing for the east? If not would the coach lose your support? How long should a rebuild take? 10 years, 100, maybe 1000?
this what I been saying right. If you give anybody 5 years to build they will build but he getting 3.8 mill you cant be losing to the lesser teams of other conferences. GA State is at the bottom of the SUN-BELT people the bottom. That wasn't APP state we played. They've only had a program 10 years :(

this what I been saying right. If you anybody 5 years to build they will build but he getting 3.8 mill you cant be losing to the lesser teams of other conferences. GA State is at the bottom of the SUN-BELT people the bottom. That wasnt APP state we played. Theyve only had a program 10 years :(
I don't think he will turn this program around and will just be added to the list of coaching failures along with Derek Dooley and Butch Jones.

Ask Butch Jones. He is the one who destroyed our football program and you seem to not understand the barriers of rebuilding a football team under the current rules. Seams like a new Troll has found a home.

I bet you said ask Dooley when you were defending Jones.

Are that asinine to think that Pruitt needs 5 years to build a program to beat Georgia State and BYU?

You can call me a troll if you like , but unlike you I am a fan of The University of Tennessee and not some coach who probably doesn’t give a damn about the school, program, or fans.

I think Nick Satan will retire when Alabama loses to Clemson for the 2nd straight season in the National Championship Game.

Idk man, I think Clemson has some work to do before they win a championship again. I do however think it’ll be the same two in the championship game unfortunately

I bet you said ask Dooley when you were defending Jones.

Are that asinine to think that Pruitt needs 5 years to build a program to beat Georgia State and BYU?

You can call me a troll if you like , but unlike you I am a fan of The University of Tennessee and not some coach who probably doesn’t give a damn about the school, program, or fans.

If he was as Alabama as you say he would have never accepted the job to begin with. I will agree that his opening presser wasn’t exactly the most Tennessee filled presser it could have been but growing up in Alabama I didn’t expect anything less. He cut his teeth coaching in the state. Other than that I think he has gold intentions for the program otherwise he’d recruit minimal recruits with low ceilings. Bailey proves that to be very much false and is still as solid as it can be. His recruits are out playing the players who have been there for 3 or more years. Give him time and I think Tennessee will be in good shape

Reactions: Bob Neyland
And over the last 12 seasons the trajectory has never been lower.

And why is that? No stability. No process. Just hire s hot coach and hope for the best. Hope is not a strategy.

Get an SEC staff. Get people who know how to recruit and develop for SEC play. Be patient.

You can hire gimmicks and get to 6-6. But most want more.

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
A turn around is you see improvement from year to the next and so far I don’t see improvement. In fact it looks worse than last year. We need to try someone else at QB. Whose fault is it when you have to call time out twice because the defense doesn’t know who is supposed to be on the field? We schedule teams early that you should beat and for the last several years we either struggle to win or even lose to!!!!

personally I think it would be a terrible mistake to make yet another coaching change. I don’t call the shots though

Reactions: TNDeb3
A turn around is you see improvement from year to the next and so far I don’t see improvement. In fact it looks worse than last year. We need to try someone else at QB. Whose fault is it when you have to call time out twice because the defense doesn’t know who is supposed to be on the field? We schedule teams early that you should beat and for the last several years we either struggle to win or even lose to!!!!

I work turnarounds. Typically, things continue to get worse because you are already on a downward trajectory. Goal One is to soften the descent.

Pruitt didn’t say JG was a good quarterback. He said he’s the best he’s got.

Give it time. I think this year is lost but the future may be fine.

Yep. And whatever coach gets hired will only have 1-2 years to start winning before he gets fired.
That coach will be given time as long as his team is getting better each year. We are regressing. We have lost by a combined 69 points in four games. Our opponents: Missouri, Vandy, GA State, and BYU. It’s indefensible. He won’t be fired mid season. But if we end up with 4 or less wins (I am predicting 2) he needs to be tossed. And yes the media and coaches will understand that you can’t go backwards in the W common, with losses to these clown college football schools. We aren’t going to get stoops or Meyer. But there are tons of other coaches who are building strong teams we should consider. Norvell for example.

We’re playing better you can’t argue against that. I’m all for trying another QB but let’s look at the bigger picture here. I’d be willing to bet that the other two are worse in practice than JG. I know that’s really not saying a lot but remember we don’t see all of practice. There’s got to be a method to this madness and unfortunately we’re on board for the entire ride. The Defense is mostly young and or never played in that system before. It’s going to take some time to get where we want to be. It’s best to just take the lumps and move on

And you loved that Bum, Butch Jones, right up until the day he was canned.

Same for Dooley.

You’ve never seen a coach that you didn’t want to give more time to, and then you develop dementia after they’re canned, pretending you knew it all along.

Rinse and repeat.

You have some points, but you can’t blame the current staff for anything but the last 14 games. But, we should add that to the reasons to burn down the program. Thank you for your contribution.

How many are willing to ride the Pruitt storm out?!

I’m willing with a change at QB...

Not willing without. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose at this point with trying a new QB...except 10 more games...

Been going to UT games since ‘79....but, I’ll be damned...

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)

Just so you can wallow in your happiness with Pruitt, I am sure that he will be around long enough for all of us to see this team plummet to the worst season in UT history. Pruitt can’t even beat bad mid major programs. The SEC will be brutal.

Blind allegiance has never served anybody well.

VN Store

Back