I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.

So you've stepped back inside your cube in the Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility from your smoke break?

UT has Top 5 facilities, Top 5 fanbase, Top 5 merchandising. It should be a dream job.

UTAD has destroyed this program. Kiffin? I love Kiffin but ... he has NO TIES to the recruiting heartland of GA, FL, AL or TX. Much less TN. Dooley? Pass. Butch. Zero. What on earth are they thinking?

Hate Pruitt, I don't care. But the guy knows SEC football and the landscape. He's the first one who has in 12 years. Get stability and work from there. Standard procedure. (For those who don't understand this, you cannot improve an unstable system. You first have to have stability ... then, you can improve.)
I don’t hate the guy. So then it just takes stability? If we give a coach 5 years it magically works out? Because doing that with butch actually made us the most unstable program in the country. Stability is good if you’ve got the right guy. I’m glad you think pruitts the right guy, from what I’ve seen I do not. I hope your right and not me.

Why are you mad at the fans for being upset that we are 0-2 after playing Georgia State and BYU?

We've paid Pruitt almost $8 million dollars, and he hasn't had the team prepared to even compete with the bottom of the Sunbelt. He deserves all the criticism he's getting and more, and he should be afraid of losing his job, so far he's been pretty horrible at it.
How dare you say anything bad about Pruitt. He is going to bring Tennessee back!!! Anyone saying otherwise is just irrational and crazy.

Reactions: Titan05
Pruitt says he just can't get rid of all the Poop.......and I believe him

1568062503993-gif.224093

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)

While I agree with you in principle, the drama you injected into your post is pretty unbearable

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I don’t hate the guy. So then it just takes stability? If we give a coach 5 years it magically works out? Because doing that with butch actually made us the most unstable program in the country. Stability is good if you’ve got the right guy. I’m glad you think pruitts the right guy, from what I’ve seen I do not. I hope your right and not me.

Let’s assume he’s NOT the right guy. Fix recruiting and development. Fix the AD. Get stable.

If Pruitt is winning 8 or 9 games, change from a position of strength. Rolling from one coach to the other is a recipe for mediocrity.

The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.

So the fire burns, but instead of trying to put it out, you want to pour more gas on it? Sound logic. We've tried the musical chairs approach of firing and hiring new coaches every few years and what has it gotten us? Maybe try something different. Keep the head coach. Promote stability and really give him the time to build...or in this case...rebuild the roster/program? Like you said, we won't be any worse off.

Yeah I’m not arguing those points at all.. the guy was just saying that we should play the long game like Bama and Georgia. I actually think both of those programs are examples of why not to cling to a guy for to long if he doesn’t show you great improvement by year 2. Also Florida would be another example. They fire their coach middle of his third year after winning the sec east his first year and while it’s to early to say for sure it looks like that was the right play. If Tennessee had a coach come in and win the east his first two years we would erect a statue in his honor. I’m not arguing one way or another on Pruitt but I get tired of a portion of our fanbase always attacking the other part by saying we have the worst, most impatient fan base in the country. If they would Open their eyes and look around to other programs in our very own conference they would see that simply isn’t the case.
I understand, but unfortunately even their failed coaches were better than ours on top of the elite recruiting states they are in. They hired proven head coaches while we've hired inexperienced ones. Utad are tight-wads, there's weren't afraid of showing the money. Is what it is.

Let’s assume he’s NOT the right guy. Fix recruiting and development. Fix the AD. Get stable.

If Pruitt is winning 8 or 9 games, change from a position of strength. Rolling from one coach to the other is a recipe for mediocrity.
Not disagreeing with what your saying, however I will point out that I’d give my left nut for mediocrity. This program has been absolutely abysmal the last few years, I can’t believe it keeps getting worse but somehow it does.

I understand, but unfortunately even their failed coaches were better than ours on top of the elite recruiting states they are in. They hired proven head coaches while we've hired inexperienced ones. Utad are tight-wads, there's weren't afraid of showing the money. Is what it is.
I agree completely

Not disagreeing with what your saying, however I will point out that I’d give my left nut for mediocrity. This program has been absolutely abysmal the last few years, I can’t believe it keeps getting worse but somehow it does.

It’s not hard to see why. Trust the process. You can’t undo the damage... all you can do is deal with it.

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
I farted in line at Walmart today

Reactions: Titan05
I agree completely
I wish more than anything, the powers above would/would've grown a pair and thrown the bank at a proven head coach. There's really no excuse, UT is one of the wealthiest programs yet one of the cheapest when it comes to FB. Show coach Barnes the money but not for the most profitable sport at UT? Mind boggling. Idk how much merrit boosters meddling comes into play, but at this point, no conspiracy theory is off the table.

"Big Orange" seems inappropriate for the Vol program during the run of inadequate coaches in recent years.

The Program continues to receive too much media attention given the meager achievements in recent years.

What's needed now is a select group of TN politicians to get into the fray calling for a total overhaul of the UT sports programs.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back