Dobbs traded to Jacksonville

Wow...a 5th rounder. Dobbs has played well in exhibitions etc. I think hes a solid backup QB...would have figured a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. Oh well...I would much rather live in Jacksonville than Pittsburgh this winter...and he is a lot closer to the aerospace industry there ..
Getting a 5th rounder from a QB needy team in return for your 3rd string QB is a pretty salty return.

I am getting that TOMLIN quote from TOMLIN. I guess I forgot to mention I am connected to the team and Mike.

Then you should know Rudolph is the #2 and was announced by TOMLIN. And you would also know they weren't getting anything better than a 5th rounder for him.

Reactions: JohnD13
He may backup the rookie out of Wash St. He had a great game yesterday..Hope Josh gets his chance..I miss Dobbs when he was with Tennessee..The games was exciting when he played..
Minshew has lots of practice and exhibition game time running this offense. Dobbs will need some time to be on an even playing surface but he’s one ding away.

I just thought of him as an overly enthusiastic fan and amature talent scout.
That guy on Twitter that we suspect being D4H said that it would take two first round picks to pry Dobbs away.

Good for Josh, he might see the field this year. Hope he gets a chance as I'd like to see him play.

Wow...a 5th rounder. Dobbs has played well in exhibitions etc. I think hes a solid backup QB...would have figured a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. Oh well...I would much rather live in Jacksonville than Pittsburgh this winter...and he is a lot closer to the aerospace industry there ..
Obviously you don't know much about NFL. Drafted 4 And traded for a 5 is great. Teams don't trade their 3or4round draft picks unless for a prior #1 typically

I wish him the best. If he takes over the starting job, I'll drive up to watch. Jags tickets are easy to get.

LoL okay lol
Ok, what? What I do for a living and who I am associated with is a problem for you? I truly apologize for doing what I want with my life and being associated with some people in professional sports. I wasn't aware that it was frowned upon.

Last edited:
I haven't followed the NFL much since Peyton, but if Jacksonville will play him, I'll be a jaguars fan.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Great, I hated him on my least favorite team. I hate both the steelers and the patriots. So now he is on a team I can actually back up. Good for you Dobbs!!!

I never understood why people bashed him early on - he was obviously very good.

Going back to 2014, we don't even sniff a win against the Gamecocks if Dobbs didn't absolutely go off in that game, particularly near the end.

Which brings me back to another point, the QB has a massively disproportionate effect on the outcome of games - a good QB can cover up a whole lot of deficiencies whereas a lackluster QB amplifies those problems.

I disagree, his freshman year Dobbs was very bad. He really struggled with accuracy. But, he worked and improved every year to the point that he was one of the best that we ever had. That’s the problem that we have now. The current QB hasn’t shown any significant improvement and he is in his third year of playing .

I disagree, his freshman year Dobbs was very bad. He really struggled with accuracy. But, he worked and improved every year to the point that he was one of the best that we ever had. That’s the problem that we have now. The current QB hasn’t shown any significant improvement and he is in his third year of playing .

Dobbs' freshman year the whole team was bad. He was playing behind a non existent o-line, etc.

His sophomore year against Bama and specifically against SCAR it was apparent, to me at least, that he was a special talent.

I liked him at QB before that simply because he could create plays with his legs behind what was not a good line.

VN Store

Back