Dobbs traded to Jacksonville

He may backup the rookie out of Wash St. He had a great game yesterday..Hope Josh gets his chance..I miss Dobbs when he was with Tennessee..The games was exciting when he played..

I wonder how different our current situation would look had Butch not needed to burn Dobbs' redshirt in 2013

It's likely the 2017 season goes quite a bit differently.

I would say the facts show that you are dead wrong

Expound on why you feel this way.
I actually agree he is the reason we had success while he was at UT. I knew that the first year he was gone. Still doesn't put him at D4H level greatness.

Edit: D4H was a poster that thought the sun rose in Dobbs and the greatest thing since sliced bread. His name was Dobbs4Heisman.

Good for him, but if he's playing when they play the Titans....sorry Dobbs, I hope you are terrible.

Being a life long Steelers fan I am not happy about this at all. Not only losing him from the roster but also only getting a 5th round pick for him. Stupid trade.

I actually agree he is the reason we had success while he was at UT. I knew that the first year he was gone. Still doesn't put him at D4H level greatness.

Edit: D4H was a poster that thought the sun rose in Dobbs and the greatest thing since sliced bread. His name was Dobbs4Heisman.
Honestly I think D4H was just acting that way because so many were saying Dobbs was no good. I think it was just an extended troll to mess with haters - it may not have started out that way, but that's how I perceived it.

D4H is/was a troll. He may have actually liked Dobbs but the way he acted here did far more of a disservice to Dobbs than help him. Dobbs was outstanding here, and the reason Jones lasted as long as he did. But D4H would poison the well by making outlandish predictions that had almost zero chance of happening, and many (myself included) would end up arguing with him about it.

Being a life long Steelers fan I am not happy about this at all. Not only losing him from the roster but also only getting a 5th round pick for him. Stupid trade.

Um wut? That's a great trade. What exactly are you expecting for a 3rd string QB?

Wow, a 5th round pick seems low.

Oh well, hope he does good except twice a year. Then I hope he gets wrekked by the Titans d.

If Josh actually starts playing, I would watch an NFL game. Until he does, I don't gas about the NFL

What's cool is that the team most in need of going out and bolstering the QB position after week one saw Dobb's as a viable option. Say's a lot for JD. Best of luck to him, great QB!

Reactions: 99grad
D4H is/was a troll. He may have actually liked Dobbs but the way he acted here did far more of a disservice to Dobbs than help him. Dobbs was outstanding here, and the reason Jones lasted as long as he did. But D4H would poison the well by making outlandish predictions that had almost zero chance of happening, and many (myself included) would end up arguing with him about it.
I just thought of him as an overly enthusiastic fan and amature talent scout.

Yeah, I mean, that's the whole point of the troll - to get you arguing.

I think D4H did an outstanding job in that respect

He was like a little orange Daisy popping up in the black world of doom and posters would literally fall over themselves trying to smash him.

As far as doing a disservice, I dunno. It's just a message board - the sample of fans here is absolutely dwarfed by the whole of UT fans, most of which could see that he was a good player.

I don't think D4H necessarily hurt Dobbs, but he definitely pulled out a lot of the irrational hate on the guy - which, admittedly was a small number of fans, but disproportionately for this board at least.

A lot of folks here take themselves way too seriously.

I'm not talking about you personally, either - just speaking in general.

He isn't exactly a 3rd string qb. Even Tomlin said if Ben went down he could start Dobbs or Rudolph.

Um, no, that's exactly what he is. I'm not sure where you're getting that Tomlin quote but Rudolph was made the clear #2. If Ben went down last night or before last night, Rudolph was starting.

The Steelers were taking interest from teams all preseason but they held on because they weren't getting offered what they wanted. So if they bit on a 5th round pick from the Jags, then obviously they weren't getting anything offered that good before.

I remember when people on this board said he sucked. It's ironic how, now, he is the sole reason we had winning seasons.
I didn't say he sucked, but I said he wasn't SEC caliber, and I am glad to say I was wrong. He turned out to be an amazing QB and if Hurd hadn't quit on us that year, we would have been in ATL. Dobbs is also brilliant and a total class act. He's got a bright future beyond football, but I would like to see him get some playing time and see what he can do.

Reactions: LosersWithSocks
I remember when people on this board said he sucked. It's ironic how, now, he is the sole reason we had winning seasons.
I don’t remember anyone saying he sucked. He was lacking in passing ability and from the few times I’ve seen him with Pittsburg, he still has long way to go. Great guy and I hope he lights it up in Jax. Wish he were still our QB. Yep he was the reason our offense was at least average.

Um, no, that's exactly what he is. I'm not sure where you're getting that Tomlin quote but Rudolph was made the clear #2. If Ben went down last night or before last night, Rudolph was starting.

The Steelers were taking interest from teams all preseason but they held on because they weren't getting offered what they wanted. So if they bit on a 5th round pick from the Jags, then obviously they weren't getting anything offered that good before.
I am getting that TOMLIN quote from TOMLIN. I guess I forgot to mention I am connected to the team and Mike.

VN Store

Back