Fire Pruitt tonight

I think the Pruitt Era has been ugly so far, but when you hire a coach with no hc experience there is bound to be growing pains and a lot of learning on the job. The last 4 losses make me doubt he'll ever be a great coach but I believe firing him before he finishes at least 3 seasons would be worse for the program in the long run.

Reactions: vols40
If we work hard, maybe we can be the best 2-10 team in the country!

Explain Warrior arm tackle? I was very excited about year two specifically for that guy, he is a liability. He had a shot to tackle the free runner at the TN 42, whiffed. That’s unacceptable for a senior athlete of his caliber. Taylor had his part, but I put the end of that play squarely on Warrior. I missed badly on him. He’s a liability in center field.

Reactions: carpbc
I am not sure that this is 'game plan' issue, but more of an execution problem. First, the lines did pretty well. The D looked good with some rest between series. Personally, I like the aggressive 4th down call, since we were the advantaged team and should be able to exercise this. However, our QB makes slow reads and is slightly behind as noticed by the announcer. I can't tell if the QB makes any on-field adjustments, but he does make some poor passing decisions (deflect passes on goal line, should have been a pick-6). We are getting field goals in the red-zone, but giving up TD's. Several trips in the zone and only 13 points in the first half.

You didn't see plenty to like tonight? OL played very well. Our QB is what he is and hopefully one of our backups wins the spot sooner rather than later. Defense played the run well most of the night, contained a mobile QB, but they still had some missed alignments and assignments that killed us at the end. It is what it is.

It isn't near as bad as some of you want it to be.

We just lost to a horrible BYU team whose coach is likely to be fired, with a freshman QB. We couldn't score to save our life. The defense made a mistake middle school teams don't make. Everything about tonight was terrible. Awful and inexcusable.

So I should post more agreeing with the masses, or post more being objective? Or should I only post when there is something that needs to be said? Post another to get your numbers up.
I would say post all you want, except maybe post with a little more respect in the way you approach other posters, who I'll bet are just as intelligent and astute as you--and many have posted on this site much longer than you...and many agree with your point of view.

We just lost to a horrible BYU team whose coach is likely to be fired, with a freshman QB. We couldn't score to save our life. The defense made a mistake middle school teams don't make. Everything about tonight was terrible. Awful and inexcusable.
Sophomore QB I believe.... otherwise on point though. We are now stuck rationalizing losses to poor teams.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Their QB is a sophomore and he is much better than ours. Also, BYU isn't horrible and their program is currently better than ours. We outplayed them most of the night.

The Vols got pushed into the endzone on that last play in one of the most humiliating things I have ever seen. Just dominated physically by friggin BYU. Pruitt's coaching is the worst UT has ever had...and the lack of effort is a direct reflection on him. He's not even a "good guy". He's a cocky, condescending jerk. There is nothing likeable about him. He has brought us down to the lowest of low's. I never thought we would get to this point of total irrelevance. The program is at an all time low. Pruitt is the worst possible hire we could have made. He has taken a blowtorch to this program and brought us into the abyss of college football with a shameful job as head coach. He has brought nothing but embarrassment and shame to the program.

Pruitt is going to stay at least this year and probably next as well. It's not the W/L it's the $ , unless a Bill Gates type shows up with about 30 million of 'em.

I've painfully watched both of their respective "careers " here at TN, so I believe I can say I fairly see both sides the coin here .
It's hard to exactly calculate who desserves the most blame, but I say bench JG AND fire Pruitt.
IMO they both are unsalvageable. Let Martin become interim to get some experience under his belt, and I don't care...put a cheerleader out there for QB, couldn't do any worse than JG.
smh....Everytime I think the program can't get any worse and has finally hit bottom, it just keeps finding a deeper point. Truly craply awe-inspiring.😔

Reactions: NashvilleFan
The Vols got pushed into the endzone on that last play in one of the most humiliating things I have ever seen. Just dominated physically by friggin BYU. Pruitt's coaching is the worst UT has ever had...and the lack of effort is a direct reflection on him. He's not even a "good guy". He's a cocky, condescending jerk. There is nothing likeable about him. He has brought us down to the lowest of low's. I never thought we would get to this point of total irrelevance. The program is at an all time low. Pruitt is the worst possible hire we could have made. He has taken a blowtorch to this program and brought us into the abyss of college football with a shameful job as head coach. He has brought nothing but embarrassment and shame to the program.

So we can look forward to you leaving?

Got embarrassed by a bad Pax 12 team and we got people in here saying "At least they tried tonight. Pruitt's got them going in the right direction!"

Hell a loss next week and he won’t coach Florida mark my words...
If you could guarantee that Beldar would be fired if we lost next week and not face Florida...then...we may as well lose. What's the point anyway. The season is already over.

I think the Pruitt Era has been ugly so far, but when you hire a coach with no hc experience there is bound to be growing pains and a lot of learning on the job. The last 4 losses make me doubt he'll ever be a great coach but I believe firing him before he finishes at least 3 seasons would be worse for the program in the long run.
Did Georgia experience growing pains with Richt or Smart? Nope. How about Oklahoma with Stoops and now with Riley as their coach? Nope.

Pruitt is simply not head coaching material. Some coordinators are meant to be coordinators. Pruitt is one of those guys. If it takes a 1 to 3 win season this year for many fans to figure that out than so be it.

Their QB is a sophomore and he is much better than ours. Also, BYU isn't horrible and their program is currently better than ours. We outplayed them most of the night.

BYU was an underdog in this game. They are a .500 team vs mostly CUSA/Mountain West teams. There is not positive or good about tonight. None. Zero.

I am not sure that this is 'game plan' issue, but more of an execution problem. First, the lines did pretty well. The D looked good with some rest between series. Personally, I like the aggressive 4th down call, since we were the advantaged team and should be able to exercise this. However, our QB makes slow reads and is slightly behind as noticed by the announcer. I can't tell if the QB makes any on-field adjustments, but he does make some poor passing decisions (deflect passes on goal line, should have been a pick-6). We are getting field goals in the red-zone, but giving up TD's. Several trips in the zone and only 13 points in the first half.

Everything you said is spot on. I would contend that both lines made improvement today. My one point of argument is to suggest they force JG to have to get the ball out fast with plays designed to do so, otherwise the game plan seemed ok. Maybe then he'll pick up speed, but then again maybe not. He has a ton of physical talent but stares down his target, is very slow to adjust, and often makes poor reads imo.

Reactions: carpbc

VN Store

Back