Need Help on Pigeon Forge Rental

roadvol

Taking grandkids to the Ms State game in October and was thinking of renting a cabin/condo in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg for a few days.
It's fall break here for schools.
Anyone have any suggestions, good deals etc?
Thanks

Taking grandkids to the Ms State game in October and was thinking of renting a cabin/condo in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg for a few days.
Thanks
Airbnb

Reactions: volwindy
A hearty welcome to the BYU contingent, who needs a cabin that sleeps 48 of his immediate family

My Wife's company rented it out for a week for a conference. The company is really cool they invited spouses along as well.

Reactions: goldvol
Westgate resort looks nice. I’ve never actually stayed there but it’s one of my accounts and I’m there pretty frequently. The grandkids will definitely like the indoor water park and granddad may enjoy the fine adult beverages from a local distributor that they happen to carry.😉 it’s centered between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
Check it out.
GBO!!

Reactions: VolNExile
We rent from Volunteer Cabin Rentals often. Large, nice cabins up in the mountains off Wears Valley Road. Not too far from town but far enough to see trees instead of traffic jams.

Reactions: sona
Cloudy Dreams. Just go look at the website. Pics do not do it justice. We have stayed there for 8 years running.

If you want a "rustic cabin" with a mountain feel, this is not your place. What this is, is a two-bedroom villa with a direct view of Mt. LeConte off the back porch, and sunrises that will take your breath away.

Plus, there's a "dwarf house" close by...if you know where to look for it. And a dead-end road right across the street that is perfect for walking the dog, if you have one.

Bears and raccoons daily. Apparently, previous renters do not abide by the rules.

Edit: With the memory of the recent fires, there are at least two ways in, and out. If you know the area, then you'll know the routes.

Edit II: From the cabin, you can be at Ole Dad's Store (a must stop) in 5 minutes, downtown Gatlinburg in 5, the Smokies in 10, and Pigeon Forge in 15 via the Bypass, which is right down the hill.

Edit III: Grandkids. Hit the Alpine Slide ride in Pigeon Forge. Has a red roof. Should be easy to find on Google. Long ride up...fast ride down. A hoot. Also The Gatlinburg Aquarium. Well worth it if you have (Grand)kids.

Edit IV: Glades Soda Fountain on the Art & Crafts Loop (Gatlinburg). Might not be open that time of year, but if it is the Malts are authentic, and delicious. Three Jimmy's is a good lunch/burger joint, depending on the age of the grandkids.

Dollywood is good, and her Dinner Stampede thing is worth the money as well.

Make sure you get a breakfast at Old Mill Restaurant and lunch or dinner at the Apple Barn (both in Pigeon Forge). You'll thank me later. In Gatlinburg, you can't go wrong at Alamo or Calhoun's, but there's so much there that it's a matter of which one of many you like best.

Enjoy your visit to God's Country.

Last edited:
Westgate resort looks nice. I’ve never actually stayed there but it’s one of my accounts and I’m there pretty frequently. The grandkids will definitely like the indoor water park and granddad may enjoy the fine adult beverages from a local distributor that they happen to carry.😉 it’s centered between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
Check it out.
GBO!!

I’ve been on the “tour” here. There’s literally everything you could need on the property. In door pools, daily activities, etc. really nice rooms and spacious so you aren’t falling over the family like standard rooms

Definitely worth the check

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Thanks
Ski mountain road and anything looking out over mount laconte. gatlinburg. Now I haven't been there since the fire.

I’ve been on the “tour” here. There’s literally everything you could need on the property. In door pools, daily activities, etc. really nice rooms and spacious so you aren’t falling over the family like standard rooms Definitely worth the check

Yep, Westgate's good. All you give up there is privacy. But the accommodations, easy access to the Park or GB/PF, and in-house activities are a plus. It' a cruise ship on land.

We just prefer a place a bit higher up where I have a strong defensive position.

:cool:

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Yep, Westgate's good. All you give up there is privacy. But the accommodations, easy access to the Park or GB/PF, and in-house activities are a plus. It' a cruise ship on land.

We just prefer a place a bit higher up where I have a strong defensive position.

No problem there my wife and I said the same things you did

Ski mountain road and anything looking out over mount laconte. gatlinburg. Now I haven't been there since the fire.

We went there the same year. Drove around and cried. Much has been rebuilt, but the 3-story complex overlooking Gatlinburg, just (north?) of the Bypass...and everything around it...burned to the slab. And there were huge burn scars across the valley by the Park Vista hotel.

Gatlinburg will recover, and for the most part already has. But for those of us who remember how it looked before the fires, it will never look that way again.

Me being me, I cornered a GPD officer who worked it. He said it was literally like driving through Hell. I believe him.

The Smokies will recover, eventually, although the landscape there has been altered as well.

As for the two boys who unleashed this inferno, whether intentional or not...and the lives lost because of it...Justice will have to wait until the next life. It is what it is.

Thanks
I live in Pigeon Forge. Hoosier asked about different things here back in the winter. I have a couple of long posts in it with info for the area. Any questions, ask away.

Gatlinburg Vacation?

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
I live in Pigeon Forge. Hoosier asked about different things here back in the winter. I have a couple of long posts in it with info for the area. Any questions, ask away.

Gatlinburg Vacation?

What OV said. Shame he gave away Bluff's, though. Good secret best kept.

OV, you remember Trotter's? Going back about what, 30 years or more?

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Cloudy Dreams. Just go look at the website. Pics do not do it justice. We have stayed there for 8 years running.

If you want a "rustic cabin" with a mountain feel, this is not your place. What this is, is a two-bedroom villa with a direct view of Mt. LeConte off the back porch, and sunrises that will take your breath away.

Plus, there's a "dwarf house" close by...if you know where to look for it. And a dead-end road right across the street that is perfect for walking the dog, if you have one.

Bears and raccoons daily. Apparently, previous renters do not abide by the rules.

Edit: With the memory of the recent fires, there are at least two ways in, and out. If you know the area, then you'll know the routes.

Edit II: From the cabin, you can be at Ole Dad's Store (a must stop) in 5 minutes, downtown Gatlinburg in 5, the Smokies in 10, and Pigeon Forge in 15 via the Bypass, which is right down the hill.

Edit III: Grandkids. Hit the Alpine Slide ride in Pigeon Forge. Has a red roof. Should be easy to find on Google. Long ride up...fast ride down. A hoot. Also The Gatlinburg Aquarium. Well worth it if you have (Grand)kids.

Edit IV: Glades Soda Fountain on the Art & Crafts Loop (Gatlinburg). Might not be open that time of year, but if it is the Malts are authentic, and delicious. Three Jimmy's is a good lunch/burger joint, depending on the age of the grandkids.

Dollywood is good, and her Dinner Stampede thing is worth the money as well.

Make sure you get a breakfast at Old Mill Restaurant and lunch or dinner at the Apple Barn (both in Pigeon Forge). You'll thank me later. In Gatlinburg, you can't go wrong at Alamo or Calhoun's, but there's so much there that it's a matter of which one of many you like best.

Enjoy your visit to God's Country.
The apple fritters and apple butter from the apple barn are insane!!!
GBO!!

Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back