This comment from a rival player...

I Saw that. Doesn't surprise me. When things don't go JG' s way, he adopts a certain body language. He kinda quits trying and starts being mopy d!ck. Looking lost, falling down and making dumb throws. It IS pitiful. Saw it in the fourth quarter against Georgia State.
I have yet to see him piss and moan about anything. JG was highly regarded for his toughness last year. He could quit and transfer this year if he wants and with this fan base.

His OL SUCKS. They allowed Georgia State to get FOUR SACKS!!! I don’t care if JG holds onto the ball for FIVE seconds, we should have manhandled them and instead our OL got manhandled. All you have to look at is the -2 yards rushing we got along with those sacks.

That is what this Gator player meant. Our OL couldn’t protect their own Mothers. If any of them want to see the NFL, they had better get with it.

Sure, JG could get better, and he will over the next two years. Just like Crompton and Peterman did.

Last edited:
Reactions: G8R8U2
Well let me see you get the sense knocked out of you by a defense that has its ears laid back cause the OL is playing like a bunch of 5th graders and see how you feel after about 3 hours of getting up off your back side. You probably look like you had enough too.

Exactly! The kid is as tough as they come! The people that criticize the most are the ones have never been competitive at anything.

We don’t have rivals. In order to have rivals, we have to be a competitive threat. We are not ... and haven’t been for a long time.

Maybe the GA State loss will finally shake these guys up enough to get back on track .... nah. Who am I kidding? We’ve seen nothing to indicate anything but more of the same.

Results. That’s the only thing that’ll make me believe anymore. I’ve stuck with this team through Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, and now this. I will never desert for another team, but I’m done with excuses and I’m done defending the indefensible.

Reactions: Frozevol
I have yet to see him piss and moan about anything. JG was highly regarded for his roughness last year. He could quit and transfer this year if he wants and with this fan base.

His OL SUCKS. They allowed Georgia State to get FOUR SACKS!!! I don’t care if JG holds onto the ball for FIVE seconds, we should have manhandled them and instead our OL got manhandled. All you have to look at is the -2 yards rushing we got along with those sacks.

That is what this Gator player meant. Our OL couldn’t protect their own Mothers. If any of them want to see the NFL, they had better get with it.

Sure, JG could get better, and he will over the next two years. Just like Crompton and Peterman did.

I guess you completely forgot about 2017 against GT when JG was sitting on the bench sulking while biting his fingernails instead of listening to the coach talk to Dormady.

Also, Pruitt said those weren't all on the o line. Even during the spring game, Pruitt said he was holding it too long. It's been 3 years and he hasn't improved. What makes you think he will change after the spring game and this game? It's always the same throws.

I have yet to see him piss and moan about anything. JG was highly regarded for his roughness last year. He could quit and transfer this year if he wants and with this fan base.

Did you seriously forget about him acting like a child vs Ga Tech?

How many sacks if JG had any awareness whatsoever? If he wasn't locked on his first read like a heat sinking missile. If he wasn't frozen in place with lead feet.

As someone else eloquently said, "If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough."

I guess you completely forgot about 2017 against GT when JG was sitting on the bench sulking while biting his fingernails instead of listening to the coach talk to Dormady.

Also, Pruitt said those weren't all on the o line. Even during the spring game, Pruitt said he was holding it too long. It's been 3 years and he hasn't improved. What makes you think he will change after the spring game and this game? It's always the same throws.

Yeah I did, but that was two years ago. Has he done it since?

I know he holds the ball too long. I know he isn’t THAT good. I have been debating people who said he may go pro early all summer, but his line is still terrible. You should have that extra time against Georgia State. -2 yards rushing is God awful. OL sucks and frankly, what Pruitt says doesn’t mean too much to me. He also said you could see how good we were last week, and then this happened.

Your talking about a guy who threw four int.'s last yr.
Which looks a lot better until you realize he had the lowest number of attempts among SEC starters because the new coaching staff didn't want to put the games in his hands either. They hoped like the previous staff to win by minimizing mistakes... because they didn't believe he could win games for them.

His INT's would have been higher if he attempted to throw guys open. But he hesitates to let the ball go unless a guy is already open with enough space that the defender can't close.

Low risk/low reward QB.

Bray took a lot of risks. He threw 12 picks his last year at UT. He also threw 24 TD's, well over 3000 yards, and generally scared the crap out of opposing DC's because he was confident enough to throw to any part of the field at any time.... with a tight window. I'll never forget the time he literally called his shot to G Jones. He also led the O to 36 ppg. Even behind Dobbs, UT hasn't scored over 30 ppg since.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I find it interesting that everyone seems to think replacing JG with a QB who has never played will suddenly make the defense play like they give a crap and the Oline like they can block somebody for more than a nanosecond.
JG was protected for most of the game. For about the first 3 quarters... he wasn't pressured at all. They blocked for more than a "nanosecond". Even so, JG couldn't make the right decisions quickly. His tendency to be indecisive and hold the ball too long also allowed a CB to play face up an outside receiver then blitz for a sack-fumble... though the backside is the QB's responsibility when there's no protection help from a RB or TE on that side... JG never saw him coming. Never even looked.

I really and truly wanted to believe that he would get better. The OL did. Not "great" but certainly better. JG was the same guy. Very disappointing.

Yeah I did, but that was two years ago. Has he done it since?

I know he holds the ball too long. I know he isn’t THAT good. I have been debating people who said he may go pro early all summer, but his line is still terrible. You should have that extra time against Georgia State. -2 yards rushing is God awful. OL sucks and frankly, what Pruitt says doesn’t mean too much to me. He also said you could see how good we were last week, and then this happened.

Of course he hasn’t. He’s the starter. He was acting like damn McGregor at Auburn but you don’t see him doing anything to fire the team up last week or any other losses.

Fact is he can’t see a blitz or an open receiver down the field. He will continually throw for a few yards or less 95% of the time.

I’m sure you say that about Pruitt now but had a different tune before.

I Saw that. Doesn't surprise me. When things don't go JG' s way, he adopts a certain body language. He kinda quits trying and starts being mopy d!ck. Looking lost, falling down and making dumb throws. It IS pitiful. Saw it in the fourth quarter against Georgia State.
“Fourth quarter against Georgia State”. Imagine the fourth quarter against Georgia, Florida, Alabama.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Sweet! Now we have bulletin board material!

ISH is about to get real!
We have more than enough bulletin board material, I don’t know that it makes a difference to our guys . I don’t think Pruitt strikes any fear in them either

UF’s starting MLB who spent enough time close to JG last September to make an informed response to the reporter’s question.

He had an interception in the 2017 game, fumble recovery on one of the sacks in 2018 game when the ball popped in the air, knocked JG’s entire helmet off at one point on a blitz, and more tackles in those games that I can count on my fingers and toes.

That guy.

Apparently you didn’t watch the 2017 Georgia Tech game and his tantrums on the sidelines ... and JG graduates this year....he won’t be back for 2 more

And when it gets worse he then is hurt. I would bench him he does not have the it factor.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Agree. You should link the video of Andrew Luck saying, "good hit big guy" every time he gets sacked.

Nobody was a better sport after getting body slammed than Luck. Retiring at 29 is the payoff. Tell you the truth I don't think your QB finished the Bama game last season and he was taking a pretty good beating his freshmen year as well. The kid is a gamer.

VN Store

Back