For SEC first guys, will you be rooting for UGA over Notre Dame and will it help us with recruits?

Georgia will handle ND and fairly easily I think was not impressed with ND in their win against Louisville they looked slow. LSU will beat Texas but it wouldn’t surprise me if Coach O screws it up somehow. A&M beats Clemson I like Mond having a big day and Clemson lost alot on defense, A&M will challenge them.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It's true Clemson isn't Oregon in the eyes of the playoff committee. Past success and being the defending NC has pretty much ensured Clemson a one-loss mulligan. Even in a depleted ACC. But a loss to the aggies and Dabo is going to have his hands full this season keeping his team up every week against these middle of the road teams. And from a human perspective, it's so easy to let entitlement creep in after a NC. A few rivals that scare your team straight during the season can be good for that type of complacency and frankly makes you improve as a team.

I think the SEC schedule has always been a big advantage for any team that survives it.
The early returns on Dabo's ability to combat complacency and entitlement do seem pretty good though. A year after winning the CFP, they were right back in it the very next year, and then won it again the year after that.

I don't understand why people pull for other SEC teams in this day and age. At one time that before you had all these television contracts and such I could understand because it brought more Revenue to the conference. The way I see it now it's when you pull for other SEC teams you're pulling for the very schools that are recruiting against us. With our program being down like it is we don't need Georgia or Alabama or Florida having any more success than they already are because that only hurts us in recruiting. So I do not pull for other SEC teams. It's almost like Death By A Thousand Cuts

As if we didn’t have to recruit against each other before the TV money started rolling in.

As if we didn’t have to recruit against each other before the TV money started rolling in.
That's my point. Back in the day you didn't have the SEC network and you didn't have all the money coming into the conference already so you swallowed your pride and actually pulled for each other even though you did recruit against each other. Now money nor league reputation is an issue.

I don't understand why people pull for other SEC teams in this day and age. At one time that before you had all these television contracts and such I could understand because it brought more Revenue to the conference. The way I see it now it's when you pull for other SEC teams you're pulling for the very schools that are recruiting against us. With our program being down like it is we don't need Georgia or Alabama or Florida having any more success than they already are because that only hurts us in recruiting. So I do not pull for other SEC teams. It's almost like Death By A Thousand Cuts

It's just how you happen to feel. I know a few fans who share all those same sentiments about the competition. Some fans are built to get passed some of it, some can get passed most of it, and some never will. No way, no how.

For instance how will it help us with Arik Gilbert?

Oh right, it wont. Go Irish and any other Out of conference team playing one of our rivals in this hell hole conference.

I only root for rest of the SEC when Tennessee is good. It doesn't matter if the SEC is good if we're a doormat. If we're in contention for a playoff spot or maybe a big bowl, then our SEC resume helps and I'll be rooting for our rivals in non-conference, but **** them all in 2019.

Not sure any of that will help with Tennessee recruiting right now. Only thing going to help Tennessee with recruits is Tennessee.

I don’t like Georgia, but I hate ND. Won’t be rooting for either, but will give a smile if ND gets beat by 50.

Reactions: peaygolf and hmhawk
Couldn't give a tiny rats arse who wins this game. Dislike both. Don't care and will not watch.

Ferk UGA, Florida, and Alabama. I will never root for them. Add Mizzou to the list

I would never ever root for jawja.

I cheered on UGA against Tennessee in 1998, when we needed a UGA win to keep our SECCG chances alive. Of course they let me down, further fueling my hatred.

I cheered for FSU when they played UGA in the Sugar Bowl.

When TN was a premier team in the conference I’d always root for the sec. but not anymore. It doesn’t help us at all for our rivals to continue to get farther and farther ahead of us

When TN was a premier team in the conference I’d always root for the sec. but not anymore. It doesn’t help us at all for our rivals to continue to get farther and farther ahead of us

I blame Bud Light, they keep leading fans to believe that somehow they are the difference.

I only root for rest of the SEC when Tennessee is good. It doesn't matter if the SEC is good if we're a doormat. If we're in contention for a playoff spot or maybe a big bowl, then our SEC resume helps and I'll be rooting for our rivals in non-conference, but **** them all in 2019.
This.

Not an SEC first guy, but I despise ND almost as much as Bama, so I hope GA wins.
If you hope a direct, in conference, in division rival of Tennessee beats an out of conference top 10 team, which will do nothing but bolster that rival’s recruiting and program, then your judgment or your fandom for Tennessee needs to be questioned.

Reactions: Bigun
If you hope a direct, in conference, in division rival of Tennessee beats an out of conference top 10 team, which will do nothing but bolster that rival’s recruiting and program, then your judgment or your fandom for Tennessee needs to be questioned.

No it does not.

VN Store

Back