This comment from a rival player...

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
A reporter asked Florida LB David Reese if he'd ever felt sorry for a QB. His response: "Only QB Ive ever felt sorry for was maybe last year against Tennessee because he looked like he had enough."

Few things football-related are more humiliating than a storied rival taking pity on you like that. It's sad.

I Saw that. Doesn't surprise me. When things don't go JG' s way, he adopts a certain body language. He kinda quits trying and starts being mopy d!ck. Looking lost, falling down and making dumb throws. It IS pitiful. Saw it in the fourth quarter against Georgia State.
He does piss and moan a lot when things go bad

A reporter asked Florida LB David Reese if he'd ever felt sorry for a QB. His response: "Only QB Ive ever felt sorry for was maybe last year against Tennessee because he looked like he had enough."

Few things football-related are more humiliating than a storied rival taking pity on you like that. It's sad.

Well he’s just speaking the truth. This would be prime locker room poster material but unfortunately, JG has never had a killer mentality.

Well let me see you get the sense knocked out of you by a defense that has its ears laid back cause the OL is playing like a bunch of 5th graders and see how you feel after about 3 hours of getting up off your back side. You probably look like you had enough too.

I Saw that. Doesn't surprise me. When things don't go JG' s way, he adopts a certain body language. He kinda quits trying and starts being mopy d!ck. Looking lost, falling down and making dumb throws. It IS pitiful. Saw it in the fourth quarter against Georgia State.
Your talking about a guy who threw four int.'s last yr.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He’s had one standout game that actually resulted in a win of significance.....

Now let’s look at the other starts.

Fact is he is more likely to be stale and not have a big game than the other way around.....

This is true. I keep wondering... How did he look like ice man for that one game.

Well let me see you get the sense knocked out of you by a defense that has its ears laid back cause the OL is playing like a bunch of 5th graders and see how you feel after about 3 hours of getting up off your back side. You probably look like you had enough too.
No sir. Football is like boxing, in that you never ever are allowed to look like you had enough. No matter how bad it gets,when you start showing your opponent your pain and fear, you simply invite more damage. Its Not just a "tough guy" it's self preservation and damn near instinctual. When you showing you've had enough you are simply begging for mercy from an opponent who is trained to give exactly none.

No sir. Football is like boxing, in that you never ever are allowed to look like you had enough. No matter how bad it gets,when you start showing your opponent your pain and fear, you simply invite more damage. Its Not just a "tough guy" it's self preservation and damn near instinctual. When you showing you've had enough you are simply begging for mercy from an opponent who is trained to give exactly none.

Agree. You should link the video of Andrew Luck saying, "good hit big guy" every time he gets sacked.

Ha, saw it two years ago when he was sitting on the bench during the GA Tech game.

Well, I mean, JG did take some beatings last year that few on this board can truly fathom the physical toll of. I think the guy's got a form of sports PTSD, probably 90% of the quarterbacks alive would be scarred for life if they spent a year being "protected" by our 2018 OL. It's a situation where sadly, he'd have been much better off not coming here.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He’s had one standout game that actually resulted in a win of significance.....

Now let’s look at the other starts.

Fact is he is more likely to be stale and not have a big game than the other way around.....

I find it interesting that everyone seems to think replacing JG with a QB who has never played will suddenly make the defense play like they give a crap and the Oline like they can block somebody for more than a nanosecond.

I find it interesting that everyone seems to think replacing JG with a QB who has never played will suddenly make the defense play like they give a crap and the Oline like they can block somebody for more than a nanosecond.
Still using the OL excuse, huh? It wasn't the whole truth a year ago; now it's just false. They weren't great but they were miles better than the guy they protected.

VN Store

Back