Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worth watching.

• Fred White saw "three dogs" in the game: the freshman linebacker whose name he couldn't pronounce (To'oto'o), Jennings, and Eric Gray. To'oto'o shouldn't come out of the game, Jennings the "ultimate dog" on the squad.
  • Ratliffe: "that sh*t I saw yesterday wasn't defense, that was a bunch of people running around with their heads cut off"
  • Westmoreland didn't "see anyone playing pissed off." He was irritated that he "didn't see any borderline penalties from the offensive line guys just being nasty."
  • White returned to Jennings being the "ultimate dog" on the team. They all ripped on the offensive and defensive lines. White said it doesn't "make any sense for the toughest guy on the team to be a receiver."
  • Ratliffe was annoyed there was no leader, and no captains. White said there shouldn't be "ten captains, or five captains, or three captains, it's one dude, Jauan Jennings" (both agreed)
  • Westmoreland said they "have no choice but to put half a hundred on BYU."
  • Remarking on the team's flat effort against Georgia St., White recalled an incident from their playing days in which Al Wilson was so irritated at a teammate's lack of effort, he dragged the player to the sideline and told the coaches not to put him back in.
  • They argued over whether this loss was worse than the '96 Memphis loss. They said you didn't want to be in the week of practice after that loss, or "you might get beat up."
  • They don't think we'll see the same team against BYU; they'll be more motivated.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s practice reports said Fulmer and Charlie Anderson were observing the portion of practice available for media access. Charlie was described as a “mega-booster”. I think some have suggested he was a member of the board but I thought we had a new board so I checked. He’s not listed as one of the board members but if you check under the Athletics committee he’s listed as an external member and holds the position of chairman of the committee. There are 2 other board members who sit on the committee with him.

I think the media could have done a better job if they reported that the Chairman of the Athletic Committee for the University’s Board of Directors and the Athletic Director were both on hand to observe practice on Tuesday. I think referring to Charlie as a “mega-booster” may detract from the fact that he has an official responsibility to know something about what’s going on. The same is true for the Athletic Director. After the team's performance on Saturday, I would not only expect these men to be proactive in trying to figure out why the "SHOCKING" and “TOTALLY UNEXPECTED” happened, based on my experience, I would consider it their responsibility.

I just thought using the descriptor, “mega-booster”, could be construed as meddling whereas in reality both men were there just doing their jobs. jmo.

Regarding the seemingly lack of “energy” and/or fire from Jeremy this past Saturday and perhaps a measure of meekness in his postgame media appearances.

When I was a kid in the Navy, decades ago, there was this one time I got caught smoking weed. Other than some speeding tickets I’ve never had any other issues with the authorities. Anyway, I had to go to Captain’s Mast, a form of non-judicial punishment. My division officer and chief petty officer were there standing to one side and of course I’m there standing before the Captain. He reads the charges against me and asks me if I have anything to say for myself. I responded, “No sir”. He asked if anyone else had anything to say for me. My division officer offered a glowing report on my various qualities and performance within the division. Then the chief petty officer took his turn. I was beginning to think I was a downright angel. The Captain gave me a reduced sentence of restriction from leaving the ship for a few days and extra duty for I think it was 10 days.

The difference between my experience and Jeremy Pruitt this past weekend is he would never be allowed to get away without speaking for himself. It’s just my opinion but I think he knows he screwed up and I think it was ultimately him. I think he was holding out hope his players would bail him out but it didn’t work out that way. He’ll probably screw up again if he’s anything like I was because the truth is that was not the last time I smoked week. It was the last and only time I got caught.

I’m almost ready to forgive him for Saturday. I would definitely recommend reduced punishment as a minimum though. Like I said, he’s going to screw up again guys. Let’s just hope he doesn’t get caught again. jmo.

ha... i like the idea of mixing a scripture with like Ron Swanson or Rhekinhavoc instead of Solomon or zacharias.. would be funny and fitting in this time of famine and pestilence
Funny story. My son didn't want to weed eat after mowing. I told him he had to it was in the bible. He said where in the bible. I blurted out Revelations 14:15. Needless to say he finished the weed eating and I thanked the Big Guy for bailing me out because I had no idea what was written in Revelations 14:15.

15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”

Maybe Pruitt could use this one ......

Last edited:
Going over the game stats for the first time its truly pathetic we let them out heart us to a victory. Their QB only completed 11 of 24 passes for 139(all on Burrell and the Reid it seems). They had no back average over 4 yards a carry. We had 3 pass catchers average over 15 yards a catch. Ty averaged a whopping 8 yards a carry(SMDH). Gray had 80 yards of total offense. I was furious with the D but those guys are very young with most seeing their first action and missing it's best two players. Pretty much equivalent to the offense not having Ty(sigh) and Callaway available. Callaway had 3 touches and so did Dom. But Gray had 6 catches from the check down king. After reviewing the stats I'm putting this loss on JG and on Chaney for sitting Ty or whoever choice that was. You don't take the best player, only 4.3 forty guy off the field for a entire half. Anything under 16 carries for Ty was just dumb dumb. He likely would've ran for 200 yards 3 TD's. Hope that lesson those guys taught him(a guy who's shown he's reliable) was worth it.

Last edited:
Worth watching.

• Fred White saw "three dogs" in the game: the freshman linebacker whose name he couldn't pronounce (To'oto'o), Jennings, and Eric Gray. To'oto'o shouldn't come out of the game, Jennings the "ultimate dog" on the squad.
  • Ratliffe: "that sh*t I saw yesterday wasn't defense, that was a bunch of people running around with their heads cut off"
  • Westmoreland didn't "see anyone playing pissed off." He was irritated that he "didn't see any borderline penalties from the offensive line guys just being nasty."
  • White returned to Jennings being the "ultimate dog" on the team. They all ripped on the offensive and defensive lines. White said it doesn't "make any sense for the toughest guy on the team to be a receiver."
  • Ratliffe was annoyed there was no leader, and no captains. White said there shouldn't be "ten captains, or five captains, or three captains, it's one dude, Jauan Jennings" (both agreed)
  • Westmoreland said they "have no choice but to put half a hundred on BYU."
  • Remarking on the team's flat effort against Georgia St., White recalled an incident from their playing days in which Al Wilson was so irritated at a teammate's lack of effort, he dragged the player to the sideline and told the coaches not to put him back in.
  • They argued over whether this loss was worse than the '96 Memphis loss. They said you didn't want to be in the week of practice after that loss, or "you might get beat up."
  • They don't think we'll see the same team against BYU; they'll be more motivated.
If I was Pruitt I would name him captain and tell the team if and when any of you are man enough you can join him at the middle of field.

Biggest dissapointments from both side of the ball from proven playmakers:
Defense Darrel Taylor 2 tackles no sacks. Not disruptive at all. So much money on the line for this guy.
Offense Josh Palmer 3 catches 17 yards. Expected him to be of the confrence biggest play guys at WR.
These two need to get their heads out out their arse.

The sun and sky were darkened by the mighty enemy. But lo, this was no bloody, crimson Tide. For outside, in the cold distance, a wild Panther did prowl, and the 4 horsemen were approaching, and the wind began to howl. During those days Ron Swanson will seek 5-7 but will not find it; Rekinhavoc will long for 3-9, but 3-9 will elude him.
Ha weird you brought Watchtower up, for some reason I was looking that up a few days ago and Bob Dylan actually liked Jimi's version better than his

Lampley manhandled Garland and Cameron Miller fought through being wrapped up by Ignont and got away.

View attachment 222632
Why did Garland get so many snaps Saturday? Is that how Pruitt lured him into staying? Promised more playing time no matter if he deserved it or not? If so, we are really in trouble, because that means Pruitt is already letting the inmates run the asylum.

Funny story. My son didn't want to weed eat after mowing. I told him he had to it was in the bible. He said where in the bible. I blurted out Revelations 14:15. Needless to say he finished the weed eating and I thanked the Big Guy for bailing me out because I had no idea what was written in Revelations 14:15.

15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”

Maybe Pruitt could use this one ......
Awesome!

The sun and sky were darkened by the mighty enemy. But lo, this was no bloody, crimson Tide. For outside, in the cold distance, a wild Panther did prowl, and the 4 horsemen were approaching, and the wind began to howl. During those days Ron Swanson will seek 5-7 but will not find it; Rekinhavoc will long for 3-9, but 3-9 will elude him.
Blasphemy!

And Behold! They will be led by the Gump. He will trust in the JJ and the short demon will be cast out by the NiCiaCartAins for the giving his troops great chargers and suits that were unclean. The painted pretender shall step aside and a new arrow slinger will emerge. He will skin the reptile and make boots for his armor bearers. The great hound will tree the fat , gassy , slobbering beast. He will make water on the anchor. They will slay the insane man's rooster. All will be quiet and then in another tumultuous time the JJ and Soloman will utterly destroy the wolverine and his wicked pinched faced four flushin' douchebag of a coach.

Reactions: DeepPurpleFloyd
I was thinking about how incredibly intelligent our defensive line was last year. I never heard about anyone not knowing how to line up. Kyle Phillips, Alexis Johnson, and Shy Tuttle were in their first year of Pruitt’s system. I wonder who taught them how to line up. Then we had Emmit Gooden who had just arrived on campus from his starring role in Last Chance U. I didn’t hear of any problems. Even guys who played sparingly last year like Butler, Mincey, et. al., not a peep. Of course no one would have expected any issues with Paul Bain. That goes without saying. I wonder what happened this year.

I’ve heard last Saturday described as an epic loss, in the class of the Michigan loss to Appy State in 2007. In 2007 that was the first game of the year for both teams and it was played in the Big House. Michigan, we’re sometimes reminded, went on to have a relatively decent season, sort of. They were ranked #5 in the preseason poll for big boys and Appy was ranked #1 in the early poll for the little boys. In the immediate aftermath of the game Michigan fell completely out of the rankings. Michigan’s second game, also on their home field, was against our beloved friends, the Oregon Ducks. Michigan lost again, 39-7.

From there Michigan would go on an 8 game winning streak climbing back as high as #15 in the poll before dropping their last 2 and disappearing again. They were invited to the Citrus Bowl for a matchup with Urban Meyer’s #9 ranked Florida Gators and newly minted Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow. They beat the Gators and carried Lloyd Carr off the field as he had announced in November that that season, 2007, his 13th as the head coach at Michigan, would be his last year. His 5th year offensive coordinator was our own lovable grandpa, Mike Debord. Michigan was rewarded for the victory over Florida with a season ending ranking of #18. 2007 would be the 3rd consecutive year that Appy state won the FCS national championship.

Most people, especially outside of Michigan, don’t remember much about that 2007 Michigan team. They just remember that they lost to Appy State. They may not even know that Appy state in those days was the “Alabama” of the FCS league. The game between those two has its own wiki page. It’s listed among the historically significant games of college football.

We’re not 2007 Michigan and Georgia State isn’t 2007 Appy State. So far our game doesn’t appear to even have a wiki page. I sort of doubt the game turns out to be historically significant to the college football landscape. I also doubt we’re going to see our players carrying our head coach from the field but we can still hope that we might yet be able to beat the Gators this season. On second thought, never mind; that was just a passing thought. jmo.

Chatt has me worried we’re going to get blown out by BYU now.

So who y'all got in the LSU/Texas matchup this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back