Movies you've seen recently II

Just finished Baytown Outlaws. I'd seen it before but its worth watching again. Billy Bob Thornton is pretty good in it.

Darkest Hour - 4/5

Fantastic film and an amazing cast Gary Oldman was Churchill. However this would have been on another level as a Churchill miniseries. Say on HBO covering the entire war years his early trips to Washington to meet with Roosevelt, the historic War Conferences like at Casablanca or Malta at the end of the war.

Mortal Engines was kinda meh. 5/10. Supposedly one of the biggest box office flops of all time. I can see that. Visually it's not bad, but the narrative needed lots of work. It's based on a book, but the movie felt like they copied some stuff off Star Wars.

Mortal Engines was kinda meh. 5/10. Supposedly one of the biggest box office flops of all time. I can see that. Visually it's not bad, but the narrative needed lots of work. It's based on a book, but the movie felt like they copied some stuff off Star Wars.

It wasn't great by any means, not even good, but maybe I was just in the mood for it because I liked it.

Jupiter Ascending - 4/10. I was bored. Pretty good special effects. Mila Kunis looks good. Eddie Redmayne was terrible. Sean Bean didn't die.

You watch A Vigilante yet?
Not yet, I've got a few others I'm probably gonna watch first. After your opinion I'm not in a big hurry now. Haha.

Jupiter ascending was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I thought Redmayne was the only reason worth finishing it.

I'm counting it because it has "movie" in the title but just watched Deadwood: The Movie.

As a fan of the show, I give it a 9/10. It's great.

A Vigilante 4/10. It was a good idea but the movie was very slow and had a crappy ending that ruined the whole thing.

This may have sealed the deal for me.
Only click if you want to read about the ending...

the movie builds suspense to a final showdown if you will, with her husband. They are standing there facing off about to fight, they begin to move toward each other for an epic showdown and then... the screen goes black, and when it comes back up, he’s already dead and she’s holding his throat. Doesn’t even show the fight or how she killed him. It was a major letdown to what could have been a solid ending to a slow movie

Godzilla was really fun. Look forward to Godzilla vs Kong
I do, too. I wonder, though, about the scale. Kong is nowhere near the size of Godzilla. It’s going to look like the fight between the T-Rex and the velociraptors from Jurassic Park.

VN Store

Back