The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

After listening to Jeremy Pruitt's press conference, I take back any negative thing I might have said about RB's contract.

Might as well let him coach the football team while we’re at it.

Can’t be any worse than Pruitt.

Reactions: vols 30
The people saying he needs 5 years are killing me. If he can't beat Georgia St. with the team he has, I have zero faith he can do anything with his own players.

I never thought I'd say this because I've long fought against the notion, but I think I'd be for Fulmer coming back as coach to stablize the program if Pruitt ultimately doesn't work out and we once again find ourselves settling for some 5th choice coordinator. I said in another thread I don't think he'd be a long term answer but I think he could stablize the program until we get someone else. The way Barnes has turned out made me rethink Fulmer.

I never thought I'd say this because I've long fought against the notion, but I think I'd be for Fulmer coming back as coach to stablize the program if Pruitt ultimately doesn't work out and we once again find ourselves settling for some 5th choice coordinator. I said in another thread I don't think he'd be a long term answer but I think he could stablize the program until we get someone else. The way Barnes has turned out made me rethink Fulmer.
The Pruitt experiment will fail, I am afraid.

It's unreal. I'm not ready to completely turn the page on Pruitt after 13 games, but he has an uphill fight to warrant his employment. I understand that financially, we can't just fire him. Yesterday just sealed and reassured my jaded attitude towards our program. Maybe Pruitt fixes it in time, but I won't be hanging onto every game to watch it happen. Someone let me know how it turns out by Thanksgiving. I have better things to do. Never thought I'd reach that point, but here it is.
Let me give you some advice, Chris. An unsolicited opinion, if you will. Pruitt was not, and is not, the man who will even come close to turning it around. And no, Pruitt does not turn it around in time.

It's funny how ever since Kiffin quit UT fans were worried that Dooley to GA, Butch to Michigan, and Cornbread/Skoal Can to Alabama were going to happen if they were successful at TN.

I'm not ready to call for Pruitt to be fired (might want to aim for no more than one buyout at a time), but I have no confidence that he can get TN to the top 3 in the SEC East. I do think that part of the problem is that Butch transformed the roster to one suitable for a mid-major running gimmick systems that are not suitable for the SEC.

I had very little faith from day one.
He has no history as a head coach. There is nothing to base your faith on; blind faith is all that's available. that only works in religion. Facts so far say his motivational skills are highly inconsistent. Pretty good recruiter though. would appear low marks on teaching skills too.

He has no history as a head coach. There is nothing to base your faith on; blind faith is all that's available. that only works in religion. Facts so far say his motivational skills are highly inconsistent. Pretty good recruiter though. would appear low marks on teaching skills too.
Yes, it is as you say. Just from the surface, I agree with what you say. I would say recruiting skills are good enough, unless you coach in the SEC. In that case, we are falling behind the leaders in each cycle. Yes, we are getting some good players, but the top tier teams are getting MORE good players. Feel free to disagree.

Yes, it is as you say. Just from the surface, I agree with what you say. I would say recruiting skills are good enough, unless you coach in the SEC. In that case, we are falling behind the leaders in each cycle. Yes, we are getting some good players, but the top tier teams are getting MORE good players. Feel free to disagree.
I agree, but we're not a top tier team. We should have enough talent to win 4 games in the SEC but from what I saw Saturday the coaching isn't there, on either side of the ball, trench play especially. Need a guy like Pitman on the O side. No hope on D.

VN Store

Back