Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with a loss like this is that some media then starts in with their narratives. Local radio here in Memphis this morning was discussing the game and the state of the program. One said just "ask UGA fans who they would be more scared of at UT- Schiano or Pruitt. It was Schiano." Just pure BS.

I wanted to call in and ask where Schiano was working now.

Reactions: Rishvol
Sold our season tickets to BYU fans. Sorry bout it.
source.gif

What did I tell you? Lulz, you talking about something that isn't even what the conversation was about. You should have been done before you popped that mouth off.

well at least you are showing a little fire, too bad our team isn't. I said his statements weren't wrong, you quoted them and said smh, don't need an interpreter to figure it out. I'll pop pop pop! Pew Pew Pew!

The problem with a loss like this is that some media then starts in with their narratives. Local radio here in Memphis this morning was discussing the game and the state of the program. One said just "ask UGA fans who they would be more scared of at UT- Schiano or Pruitt. It was Schiano." Just pure BS.

I wanted to call in and ask where Schiano was working now.

Right. If the season continues to spiral down we'll start hearing from rival fans that they were actually scared of what Butch was building at Tennessee and that we fired him too soon, so no coach should ever want to come here.

Other SEC fans are loving this. They hope their coaches step on Tennessee's neck and keep us down in 0-8 land for as long as possible, if not permanently.

Reactions: VolGee4
I’ve invested enough in this university. It’s not unreasonable to expect a positive return on that investment at some point. I’m still diehard they just have to give me reason to go before I spend more money. Losing to Ga St doesn’t do that. I realize fans will still go and have fun. I am happy for them. I’ll still support just from the couch until they give me a reason not to. Beat BYU.

Reactions: csprig9
My opinion is the following

1. It’s one game. I don’t care if we had lost to a highschool team...it is one game in a long season. Let’s give these guys a chance to right the ship before condemning them after one lousy game. I am a Vol...no matter what the product we put on the field looks like. I will go to games and cheer and pour money into the program until the day I die..that’s what it means to bleed orange.

2. I believe what I saw last week was a team that got blindsided. They thought it was going to be a cakewalk and I think the coaches may have overlooked their opponent as well. I do not think it will happen again. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just kids wanting to win...I think people underestimate the culture that existed before the new guys got here last year. Culture as many will tell you is the hardest thing to change inside an organization and that is exactly what this is.

3. JG has an issue taking what he can do on the practice field to a game. I know for a fact that a lot of his primary targets and reads were totally ignored for some strange reason this past weekend and he had guys wide open. I am in the camp that you give him a half to show he can handle this...if not give one of the other kids a shot just to see what happens in a game time decision. I understand why there is some hesitation there...I have seen the other two in practice and for sure they are not where JG is....IN PRACTICE.

4. Knox media guys should be ashamed of themselves. They are talking about stuff they don’t have a damn clue about purely because they have been shut out of getting information and access with this new staff. They are taking full advantage of this and using it against the coaching staff and ultimately against the program. Circulating rumors all to try and drive revenue and eyeballs from a crappy situation.

5. JP isn’t going anywhere for right now...get it out of your heads. The best thing we can do is get behind this team and staff and support them for the season. It is year 2....and in theory really his year 1. Let him get his guys and lets see where the chips fall...if after another season it is not where it needs to be then we can address it. We would merely set our program back more than it already has been by having knee jerk reaction. Not to mention the fact that no half way decent coach regardless of the money would come here at this point.

I know folks are angry and that includes myself...but trying to burn folks at the stake after one terrible outing against a bad team is not going to do anyone any good.

You Know.These comments from Jauan make sense.Hes a Instate kid Growing up watching tennessee,witnessing the good ole glory days.He knows what it means to attend this school,put on the jersey and play for the university of Tennessee,with such rich tradition and major accomplishments he knows.
i think he’s the last hope we have to lite a fire under these younger guys ass and I think that’s the issue.these kids coming in here now,only know what this university is Today we haven’t been winning for a while and definitely Not what it used to be.They just have no clue what they are going out there to play for.For years these kids have been given a easy ride at our expense Free food,Education,Clothing Apparel and travel,that’s not even including what’s given to them when they decide to make a
“Bowl Appearance”.
This generation and the kids coming in have a lot of attitude and guidance problems.thats why I think this is a emergency call to have all Alumni (Former players) (VFL’s) surround these kids and show them the way.when old folks walk into a room the younger generation listens.i personally think they all need a Albert Haynesworth,John Henderson,Big Al Wilson ass bustin and then send em up to the “Preacher” Reggie White and have him cleanse them out back.Ive had enough.im tired of losing.this is the way.surround these boys with the greats and dare em to question them on how to play the damn game.

1567538437625.gif

1567538413364.gif

Last edited:

1. It’s one game. I don’t care if we had lost to a highschool team...it is one game in a long season. Let’s give these guys a chance to right the ship before condemning them after one lousy game. I am a Vol...no matter what the product we put on the field looks like. I will go to games and cheer and pour money into the program until the day I die..that’s what it means to bleed orange.

2. I believe what I saw last week was a team that got blindsided. They thought it was going to be a cakewalk and I think the coaches may have overlooked their opponent as well. I do not think it will happen again. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just kids wanting to win...I think people underestimate the culture that existed before the new guys got here last year. Culture as many will tell you is the hardest thing to change inside an organization and that is exactly what this is.

3. JG has an issue taking what he can do on the practice field to a game. I know for a fact that a lot of his primary targets and reads were totally ignored for some strange reason this past weekend and he had guys wide open. I am in the camp that you give him a half to show he can handle this...if not give one of the other kids a shot just to see what happens in a game time decision. I understand why there is some hesitation there...I have seen the other two in practice and for sure they are not where JG is....IN PRACTICE.

4. Knox media guys should be ashamed of themselves. They are talking about stuff they don’t have a damn clue about purely because they have been shut out of getting information and access with this new staff. They are taking full advantage of this and using it against the coaching staff and ultimately against the program. Circulating rumors all to try and drive revenue and eyeballs from a crappy situation.

5. JP isn’t going anywhere for right now...get it out of your heads. The best thing we can do is get behind this team and staff and support them for the season. It is year 2....and in theory really his year 1. Let him get his guys and lets see where the chips fall...if after another season it is not where it needs to be then we can address it. We would merely set our program back more than it already has been by having knee jerk reaction. Not to mention the fact that no half way decent coach regardless of the money would come here at this point.

I know folks are angry and that includes myself...but trying to burn folks at the stake after one terrible outing against a bad team is not going to do anyone any good.

Just win the next two games convincingly.

I get it, I really do. I totally agree Pruitt needs more time.

But I have a really hard time chalking Saturday up to being blindsided. That was a shellacking from a program 10 years old. Plain and simple. We should have been able to sleepwalk to a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back