Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, we were done at 2. at least we could go man to man defense with 2. any more than that, you gotta play zone defense....sketchy proposition at best lol.

The secret is break something that one of them loves and blame it on their sister. Then they fight amongst themselves. Easy peasy.

Reactions: jakez4ut
JGs biggest issue is between his ears.

He has tons of arm talent.

No clue how to use.

Can’t throw with touch. On fires heaters no matter what the situation.

And his number 1 deficiency is not knowing how to read a Défense.

He can’t tell what they are running pre snap - he doesn’t know how to check in to a more favorable play.

If a run is called right, he won’t see the box loaded up with 8 or shaded right. He won’t call audible and run it left. He keeps the play and it is a loss of 2 yards.

It’s 3rd and 4 and he knows the hot route is a 1 yard stem. Instead of making the read progression he takes the hot read immediately and you gain a yard and punt.

He just isn’t an intelligent football player let alone QB.

Put him through the whiteboard challenge and he will look like a moron.

I don’t like harping on the kid. But he just doesn’t have it.

Look man, I get the wisdom of keeping a level head and going back to work to see what can be done. But I've got just enough realist in me to say this: If you can't beat damn Georgia State, BYU is unbeatable.

That sounds good when you re fresh of that kind of an L and still mad but it doesn't work that way.

Reactions: jakez4ut
The only thing that differs with those you mentioned is, with the exception of Kirby, is they were promoted within. Much easier transition. Minimal staff turnover. I agree though that it will be hard to pull an existing, successful power 5 coach unless you paid stupid money which will never happen. Probably could pull a successful fcs coach though.

Ryan Day actually hired 6 new staff members after getting the job. But, yes, that can be a bit different when promoted from within.

It’s interesting that Jj was made available to the media. Maybe it’s a sign he is becoming a leader. He almost never has been made available for the media before now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back