Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion from a UAB grad and employee, but I think Bill Clark is a little overrated as a coach. Very personable, good recruiter, but his offenses are routinely very predictable, and he's had at least one terrible loss each year he's been here. I like the guy, and I hope he hangs around here for a while, but Tennessee should do much better than him, imo.

He won 11 games two seasons after UAB football was resurrected.

Oh you can’t take up for fumbles. But they happen sometimes. He’s at least our top 3 playmaker if not the best one. So I’m not taking the ball from him
Yeah this rule that Pruitt has of if you fumble you don't play is stupid. Again, we don't have that type of talent that you sit a talented player on the bench to prove a point. You work on his ball security, but I am not cutting off my nose to make a point. At the end of the day, you end up without a nose.

Anybody who thinks UT is going to go out and hire a white knight HC and pay two HC plus staff buyouts is dreaming.
yep. if he gets fired this year, then it's going to be because they literally have no choice but to do so. kinda like what happened to Butch in 2017. no way Currie wanted to fire the football coach in year 1 of his tenure. but, being the good sport he was, Butch made it impossible for them not to fire him.

wouuld imagine it would take a similar set of circumstances for Pruitt as well. and you know Fulmer doesn't want to fire the guy he hired.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Anybody who thinks UT is going to go out and hire a white knight HC and pay two HC plus staff buyouts is dreaming.
Tailor made for Tee. Keep Chaney on to run the offense (assuming he doesn’t want the problems of HC) and let Tee and Phil get together to replace the defensive staff members that would likely leave when Pruitt did.

Sitting here watching some of the replay from Saturday.....and Jesus....Ive already lost count on how many times JG had a clean pocket with 2 receivers wide open and made horrendous reads and decisions with the football.
Thank you! OL isn't good but they protected him for the most part.

Luttrell's stock is rising like a JG jump ball, straight up in the air.

What he's done at NT is incredible. They've been one of the worst programs in FBS for.... forever. It was also very apparent what he meant to Fedora at UNC -- as soon as he left for NT, UNC fell completely to shambles. And, Luttrell currently has the top rated recruiting class in the CUSA.

Simply put, this will be his last season at NT. He'll be the head coach at FSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech or Tennessee next season.

Reactions: bignewt
Tailor made for Tee. Keep Chaney on to run the offense (assuming he doesn’t want the problems of HC) and let Tee and Phil get together to replace the defensive staff members that would likely leave when Pruitt did.

Tyrone already getting ready to ask if his boy is Steele available...

Reactions: Aesius
Sitting here watching some of the replay from Saturday.....and Jesus....Ive already lost count on how many times JG had a clean pocket with 2 receivers wide open and made horrendous reads and decisions with the football.
His inability to get the ball to the first open receiver is one of the biggest problems. He has to scan every route before he makes a decision and then its too late. Throw the ball to the first open guy and lets ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I am not in favor of playing Crouch at RB. We recruited him to play LB....we recruited Banks to play RB. Put Banks back at RB. We are not in a position to lie to recruits regarding what we are recruiting them for. We have a RB in Banks. Limit his carries to cut down on fumbles, but play him for his blocking. Put Tim Jordan deep on the bench. So deep on the bench every game seems like a night game to him. He should never get another carry.

Anybody else feel like the national media revels in UT losing and almost likes it? I feel like if this were Bama, OSU, OK, etc...the narrative would be "this is not good for college football, something needs to be done about it". Look at Texas...the media loves to call them "back" after the win over UGA and would like it more if they were to beat LSU.

Maybe its just me, but it feels like everyone else likes it better when UT is a punching bag as opposed to relevant and good.

LT - Jahmir
LG - Wanya (If Trey can’t go)
C - Kennedy
RG - Ryan J.
RT - Wright.

This needs to be the line. Keep it like that, going to be ups and downs, but let them build chemistry.

If we fire Pruitt, Les Miles or Mark Richt is the answer. We don’t need an up and comer. We need a proven commodity who can restore this program. Give me the proven Vet over an unproven guy any day. It’s where we are right now. If we have to move on from pruitt. Hopefully we don’t
I don’t believe Richt coaches again. He was only half into it at his final stop...his alma mater. The other half was already running his Christian foundation. Watched the ESPN+ series on Kansas hiring Les Miles. At one desperate point, I thought hiring him with possibly Tee learning at the helm would be a great move. He’s where he belongs imo. Everyone is making program moves based on opening games. Reconvene after some of the messiah’s first losses. Just because they don’t match our epic fail last week doesn’t make them worthy of something to aspire. Personally I need to see something ANYTHING against BYU before I look any further down the line paying buyouts for the rest of college football.

Make Jimmy Haslam write the check or take his name off every building on TN Campus. He certainly helped put TN in this mess
Unfortunately this sets up perfectly for Haslam to take back control of the football program. He is going to sit back and watch this burn to the ground so they can regain control of the puppets.

Reactions: Aesius
LT - Jahmir
C - Kennedy
RG - Ryan J.
RT - Wright.

This needs to be the line. Keep it like that, going to be ups and downs, but let them build chemistry.

I say keep Wanya and Darnell at T and ride for the future.

After all the hoopla about Tatum in the offseason, he once again proved his worth- which is not an SEC caliber player.

Unfortunately this sets up perfectly for Haslam to take back control of the football program. He is going to sit back and watch this burn to the ground so they can regain control of the puppets.

There's no one happier about what happened on Saturday than Jimmy Haslam IMO. Just puts him one step closer of regaining full control and appointing another stooge as AD with Fulmer fully out of the picture.

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
If you're Pruitt don't you have to go to your guys except a few that you need after last Saturday? These upperclassmen are so battered from everything that has happened that it seems they're fine with losing and it doesn't seem like that will ever change.

Give me: OL - Morris, Smith (if healthy), Carvin, Johnson/Calbert, Wright
DL - Solomon, Emerson/Simmons, Middleton
LB - DT/Crouch, To,o'to'o, Banks and Harrison

Put the guys in that have the highest upside even though they may make a few mistakes along the way.
Oh, he was doing a lot of half assing out there.....way too much walking.

His inability to get the ball to the first open receiver is one of the biggest problem. He has to scan every route before he makes a decision and then its too late. Throw the ball to the first open guy and lets ride.
He can’t scan the field. He knows where he’s throwing before the snap

He must just be awful.

Like @HankHill said, it’s gotta be the high school football mentality of making sure every player gets snaps at every position. You might be able to do that at Alabama and Georgia when you don’t have to play these guys for three years.

Not trying to pull the ive worked in this field card bc it really doesn’t matter but I’ve been around a handful football staffs, both successful and not, and I’ve never seen that before.

LT - Jahmir
C - Kennedy
RG - Ryan J.
RT - Wright.

If Jahmir was really taking underclassmen out to party the night before a game, his @$$ needs to be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back