Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see this coaching staff seeming kinda of Butchy
giphy.gif

No. Crouch is far better than Banks at RB. His senior season he strapped the team to his back and ran for over 3000 yards and 31 TDs and won the state championship. He’s 6’1 245lbs. Put him in the backfield and give him the damn ball.
That was his junior year. Didn’t play much if any his senior year. Obviously you’ll disagree, but I don’t think he runs over players like he did in high school.

I stand by my opinion that you can't fire a coach in year 2 unless there are moral discrepancies. He will be coach next year even if the above happens and most likely will.

You can definitely fire him if the wheels completely come off. There's no recovering from a sub 4 win season

There won’t be 50k in Neyland vs UTC and Fulmer will have to make some changes. Slide Pruitt over to DC, fire a couple assistants, kick 5-10 guys off the team, Fulmer is HC and let’s roll.
You think Pruitt would go for that? I mean I guess it’s either that or he gets the can!

I think he genuinely likes the individuals on this team and believes that many guys deserved to play. He felt it was the overall best thing to do because we would win the game and overall moral would be good because so many kids played. It just backfired
Pruitt? Because it’s happening at every position.

I think this is the first time he’s had the final say on personnel decisions and he’s paralyzed by it.

I know it's been said, but the JG thing really reminds me of Simms vs Bray. The stat I remember changing instantly was 3rd down conversion rate. Simms was different than JG in that he wasn't interested in stats over winning, but he seemed incapable (or afraid) of finding the open receiver on the other side of the sticks. Bray favored the long ball over the check down, and if I recall correctly, the 3rd down conversion rate doubled.

You can definitely fire him if the wheels completely come off. There's no recovering from a sub 4 win season

I don't see us getting rid of him this season unless there is some kind of Freeze or Petrino type incident. Unless we are completely winless I see him getting next year. It's weird and depressing to say, but I believe 3-4 wins gets him the benefit of the doubt for one more season.

Reactions: RiotVol
I don't see us getting rid of him this season unless there is some kind of Freeze or Petrino type incident. Unless we are completely winless I see him getting next year. It's weird and depressing to say, but I believe 3-4 wins gets him the benefit of the doubt for one more season.

At that point you're just kicking the can further down the road and causing the fanbase to check out even more. There would be 30k in Neyland vs Vandy.

People are getting way too caught up in VQ. Right now, they're angry fans, with an emotional response. They're upset and venting, especially Austin. And that's fine, but emotions don't fix problems. Let's see what UT can do. Give people who're paid to fix problems a week to see what can be fixed short-term. BYU isn't an unbeatable team.

I was thinking last night about Pruitt's resume and what warranted him to be the head football coach at the university of Tennessee. This is what I came up with:

DC at Alabama, GA, and FSU. So he coached 4-5 stars to be good defenses. At Alabama he coordinated one year behind Kirby and basically took a Ferrari on cruise control down the highway without changing lanes. Similar at FSU and Georgia. Never staying long enough to develope his own players into a defense. Sal Sunseri could probably had similar results. He's never really had to do more with less. He's never really had to coach up lower ranked players.

Recruiting. He was known as a great recruiter at all three of his stops. But think about it.... how hard is it to recruit at any of those three stops? Alabama turns away many players that we'd consider huge gets. Recruiting at any of those schools is not a difficult job but you just about have to screw up to not land top 2-3 classes. @Catbone could win recruiter of the year awards there.

Other than those things I'm not sure what he's got. He's never been even a head coach at the high school level let alone at the college level. Really not sure why we find ourselves with him at the helm.

I honestly feel like 90% of the recruiting forum could beat Georgia State as HC if they had 9 months to prepare just like Pruitt.

Heupel comes from a big program background, knows offense, is getting HC experience and excelling AND knows how to win.
Out of that group, Bill Clark most closely resembles a future home run type imo.

Josh Heupel - UCF
Luke Fickell - Cincinnati
Jeff Monken - Army
Bill Clark - UAB

Hell, kick the tires on Gus while we are at it
In the unlikely event there is a move made this year or next, it’d be interesting to keep an eye on Marrone. Would he listen if Fulmer called? Is he about to cycle out in Jax? Obviously he wouldn’t leave if the Jags are doing well, but Coughlin can be tough to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back