Schedule?

Reactions: RollerVol
Good question. Haven’t heard wouldn’t be surprised either way. I also wouldn’t be surprised if she or Amira Collins got cleared and the other one didn’t. Meme did more closer to home so I am curious to see how that works out for her.

EW asked for coaching change and got it and still chosen to move on. Mimi Collins was an advocate for Holly so...

Good question. Haven’t heard wouldn’t be surprised either way. I also wouldn’t be surprised if she or Amira Collins got cleared and the other one didn’t. Meme did more closer to home so I am curious to see how that works out for her.

EW asked for coaching change and got it and still chosen to move on. Mimi Collins was an advocate for Holly so...

Serious question, I remember E saying changes needed to be made but not specifying where the changes needed to be made. There was a broad spectrum that needed change imo. Did she really call for a coaching change? I can’t access the video anymore, but at the time I listened to it carefully and did not think she was that out of line, especially with that “reporter” pushing and pushing her!

I won't be surprised if both, one, or neither get approved.

However, I think Collins will have a better chance of getting cleared than Westbrook does.

I say let 'em both play! When coaching mistakes are made, those coaches still get paid the big bucks whether they coach or they are fired. The least we can do for the non-paid students is let them choose where and when they play when they are the clear victims of poor decision-making of the well-paid adults in charge.

Serious question, I remember E saying changes needed to be made but not specifying where the changes needed to be made. There was a broad spectrum that needed change imo. Did she really call for a coaching change? I can’t access the video anymore, but at the time I listened to it carefully and did not think she was that out of line, especially with that “reporter” pushing and pushing her!

I think she said what most people were feeling for such a legendary program(me included something had to change). She answered the question about the coaching which was asked to her. There was a very direct question about coaching and if it/something needs to change and she said yes changes need to happen. She didn’t call for anyone’s job but she said change needed to happen.

Hope this helps.

I say let 'em both play! When coaching mistakes are made, those coaches still get paid the big bucks whether they coach or they are fired. The least we can do for the non-paid students is let them choose where and when they play when they are the clear victims of poor decision-making of the well-paid adults in charge.

I really don’t get caught up in who plays or doesn’t anymore it used to be somewhat more clear you could play if someone in your family was sick, a bad situation with mistreatment by staff, or other clear lines. I think what really brought somethings to light was ND getting that transfer to play right away and they won a natty and she was a contributor. I dunno.

However I wish them both long happy successful careers! NOT against US though 😁

I think she said what most people were feeling for such a legendary program(me included something had to change). She answered the question about the coaching which was asked to her. There was a very direct question about coaching and if it/something needs to change and she said yes changes need to happen. She didn’t call for anyone’s job but she said change needed to happen.

Hope this helps.

I agree, but I can also see the NCAA taking the position of you asked for changes, and received them, and then still left. You didn't transfer closer to home, but to a school further away than where you already are. If she hadn't said anything, and the change happened, and then transferred, it's totally different than advocating change, getting it, and then leaving anyway.

Hope this helps.

I found the link to her interview on the KNS site. It was hard to understand, but there were also ‘quotes’ in the article.

This is what I got. In [ ]

[Couldn’t understand first question, she said, “I don’t know, I don’t know,”

Then asked if issues off the court. “I won’t say,”

When askedif there are steps that need to be taken this offseason to help improve the team, she said,
“Most definitely. I just think off the court stuff. Steps need to be taken with our staff,” Westbrook responded. “Just overall, it’s off the court with this team.”

When pressed about what the off the court issues are, Westbrook declined to explain, stating instead, “I don’t want to say.”

“I just think off-the-court stuff, steps need to be taken with our staff and just overall off the court with this team,” she said.

When Westbrook was asked whether or not she believed Warlick would return next season as her head coach. “I don’t know. I don’t know.”]

None of that sounds like she was calling for a coach to be fired. She did said “steps need to be taken”; obviously steps did need to be taken. There were issues; you could watch them play and know that. And pretty reliable sources have said there were some off court issues. Her interview is open for interpretation, but that is the strongest I think you can say...opinion not definite. I’ve always thought the interviewer pressed her much harder than should have been allowed, whether by media, NCAA, or UT. IMO a line was crossed which went beyond serious journalism or fair treatment of college athletes.

If anyone remembers senior night interview with Meme and Cheridene, they pretty much said something was wrong but would not give specifics. They said would have to ask the team.

I hate to see Evina castigated for something I am not convinced she did. Everyone, especially the media, immediately jumped in and cried, “She’s calling for Warlick to be fired!” It made good press maybe, but, again IMO, it was not accurate.

I found the link to her interview on the KNS site. It was hard to understand, but there were also ‘quotes’ in the article.

This is what I got. In [ ]

[Couldn’t understand first question, she said, “I don’t know, I don’t know,”

Then asked if issues off the court. “I won’t say,”

When askedif there are steps that need to be taken this offseason to help improve the team, she said,
“Most definitely. I just think off the court stuff. Steps need to be taken with our staff,” Westbrook responded. “Just overall, it’s off the court with this team.”

When pressed about what the off the court issues are, Westbrook declined to explain, stating instead, “I don’t want to say.”

“I just think off-the-court stuff, steps need to be taken with our staff and just overall off the court with this team,” she said.

When Westbrook was asked whether or not she believed Warlick would return next season as her head coach. “I don’t know. I don’t know.”]

None of that sounds like she was calling for a coach to be fired. She did said “steps need to be taken”; obviously steps did need to be taken. There were issues; you could watch them play and know that. And pretty reliable sources have said there were some off court issues. Her interview is open for interpretation, but that is the strongest I think you can say...opinion not definite. I’ve always thought the interviewer pressed her much harder than should have been allowed, whether by media, NCAA, or UT. IMO a line was crossed which went beyond serious journalism or fair treatment of college athletes.

If anyone remembers senior night interview with Meme and Cheridene, they pretty much said something was wrong but would not give specifics. They said would have to ask the team.

I hate to see Evina castigated for something I am not convinced she did. Everyone, especially the media, immediately jumped in and cried, “She’s calling for Warlick to be fired!” It made good press maybe, but, again IMO, it was not accurate.

Just to be on the same page you aren’t saying I’m making her out to be a scapegoat are you? Because that was not my intent and I actually said she said what a lot of us had been feeling. My point was she asked for change and change happened and she left where as Mimi was a hard advocate for CHW and had said that she backed her and left. I’m not pointing fingers actually yes I am i am pointing a two big thumbs up (although thumbs aren’t fingers I don’t think lol) because I am excited about the new possibilities with a fresh start and a new team!

Reactions: RollerVol
Just to be on the same page you aren’t saying I’m making her out to be a scapegoat are you? Because that was not my intent and I actually said she said what a lot of us had been feeling. My point was she asked for change and change happened and she left where as Mimi was a hard advocate for CHW and had said that she backed her and left. I’m not pointing fingers actually yes I am i am pointing a two big thumbs up (although thumbs aren’t fingers I don’t think lol) because I am excited about the new possibilities with a fresh start and a new team!

No way I was talking about you. Just trying to clarify more what she did NOT say. There’s been some really ugly stuff put on other sites, FB, etc. is what I was referencing. I just hate to see her get slammed. I never felt her answer, especially in those circumstances, was that off. She said changes, never specified what changes, and there was no question somthing needed to change.
It surprised me Mimi left after Holly said if she had a daughter she would send her to UT. But they are still kids, old kids or very young adults, whatever. They only have 4-5 years to enjoy college athletics, so they may as well try to go where they can be happy. I hope the very best for both of them, until they play us. Then I hope they have great games but their team loses👍🍊.

VN Store

Back