102,455 for BYU

You guys are overreacting. There will be at least 90k there. It's a night game against a reputable program. That being said, if they lose to BYU, expect there to only be around 60k at UTC the following week
80k to start, 40k by the end of the 3rd imo.

It’s meant to try and help make the game day, in stadium more attractive, to me it’s a deterrent at that price... a 6 pack of budlight is what 8 bucks tops?
And as I said when you go to a concert or event 6$ is about what you pay. Hell a colors light is 5 at a bar. Sure you can get a six pack for less but you can’t take it to the bar and drink it. So you can’t compare prices at food city to event prices.

I wonder how many times, during the game/half-time etc. on ESPN the discussion of the GS game will come up, and how many times we'll have to see 'The Tweet'? I'm guessing, a lot. So far as recruits watching the game......

So far as beer sales go, we need the extra income, on top of everything else, this is going to be an expensive fix (remember we still owe boy butch somewhere around eight million dollars....)

I don't know.

If your dad had an employee working for him who was an atheist and the entire summer and Robertson county community decided to boycott his business how long do you think your dad keeps this employee?

I am thinking he gives him a nice I am sorry and wish you the best speech as he terminates him within 7 days.

I assume this because from all accounts your dad ran a very good business.

I am sorry for using your dad as an example but I think that may help push it through.

Boycotts do work.

We’ll get close.

I hear BYU travels well.

In all seriousness though it’s going to be a BYU home game. These boys don’t deserve to see that place full under the lights.

It will be a Sell Out........the Tickets are already SOLD.............sheep!!

It is certainly not going to be a sellout. There are several thousand tickets still available through the UT ticket office, and the UTAD has listed thousands of others through VividSeats well below face value. I think it will be closer to full than many think, if for no reason other than BYU is going to bring 13k-15k fans with them. But it's going to be nowhere close to 102,455. And the BYU crowd will be able to generate 60%-75% of the noise that Tennessee fans can generate, which is going to be embarrassing on TV.

I know I will catch "you know what" from some of you guys, but understand I am a season ticket holder and I am as disappointed as anyone. The effort seemed to be as disappointing as anything to me. I understand the frustration, anger, and disappointment, is a byproduct of passion. However, I have to wonder what effect the negativity from Volnation (as a whole, not this forum) has on recruits and of course the pundits love it. Yes, the recruits take noticed of possible immediate playing time, etc., but the Twitter blast, message boards, half filled stadium, etc., how does that fair with them? And again, the pundits love to hate us. I am going to the BYU game and have been looking forward to it for months now being that it is a night game on ESPN with a national audience. BYU will have a lot of fans. Personally I would love to see a near sell out, and to show the national audience, the players, and the coaches we are true fans that will continue to stand by our team regardless of the first game disappointment. I believe they will play better (hard to play worse) and I think a great crowd with a win would go a long way in the locker room and change the perception of TN fans nationally.
Not sure you will have that many watching it on TV.

I might watch a quarter unless it gets ugly or they don’t produce but if they keep it interesting I might watch the whole game...

I know I will catch "you know what" from some of you guys, but understand I am a season ticket holder and I am as disappointed as anyone. The effort seemed to be as disappointing as anything to me. I understand the frustration, anger, and disappointment, is a byproduct of passion. However, I have to wonder what effect the negativity from Volnation (as a whole, not this forum) has on recruits and of course the pundits love it. Yes, the recruits take noticed of possible immediate playing time, etc., but the Twitter blast, message boards, half filled stadium, etc., how does that fair with them? And again, the pundits love to hate us. I am going to the BYU game and have been looking forward to it for months now being that it is a night game on ESPN with a national audience. BYU will have a lot of fans. Personally I would love to see a near sell out, and to show the national audience, the players, and the coaches we are true fans that will continue to stand by our team regardless of the first game disappointment. I believe they will play better (hard to play worse) and I think a great crowd with a win would go a long way in the locker room and change the perception of TN fans nationally.
UT last sellout was against Georgia in 2017. Actual crowds last year averaged 77,906. Announced attendance represents tickets distributed, not actual bodies in seas. (Source: Knox News Sentinel)

Reactions: I40flyer
And as I said when you go to a concert or event 6$ is about what you pay. Hell a colors light is 5 at a bar. Sure you can get a six pack for less but you can’t take it to the bar and drink it. So you can’t compare prices at food city to event prices.
Yes the problem is people aren’t going to games.... plenty of people still hitting up the bar, you are comparing apples and oranges. It is more appealing to stay home and watch games or ironically to the sports bar lol.

Yes the problem is people aren’t going to games.... plenty of people still hitting up the bar, you are comparing apples and oranges. It is more appealing to stay home and watch games or ironically to the sports bar lol.
They are 1$ off the bar price for a beer per oz. That’s the point I was making. I think I e bears games are like 10-12 for a 24 oz beer.

They are 1$ off the bar price for a beer per oz. That’s the point I was making. I think I e bears games are like 10-12 for a 24 oz beer.
Yes but at the bar you are also paying for the seat, dishwasher, server, cable bill, equipment, carpet, ceiling tiles, logowear for employees..... at the ballgame you’ve already payed all that with donation and ticket cost. So what should be a perk or incentive to make it easier to say yes to coming to the game becomes another deterrent.

Yes but at the bar you are also paying for the seat, dishwasher, server, cable bill, equipment, carpet, ceiling tiles, logowear for employees..... at the ballgame you’ve already payed all that with donation and ticket cost. So what should be a perk or incentive to make it easier to say yes to coming to the game becomes another deterrent.
The same is said for the Ice bears or a concert ticket at 100$. It’s event pricing and it’s right on par for event beers.

I hope there isn’t a single Tennessee fan at the stadium. Because that’s what causes an administration to act. And we need to act. We hired a complete idiot from our arch rival to be coach here. He doesn’t want to be here and isn’t cut out to be a head coach. But we have an equally incompetent ad (that hired him) who will be fiercely loyal to Pruitt. Fulmer will support Pruitt to the end of the world as he represents his success or failure as an ad. So the only way we might get a new/better coach would be to boycott this program. Op...I hope you’re sitting there all alone this weekend. Yes, we’ll still be watching at home
I hope there isn’t a single Tennessee fan at the stadium. Because that’s what causes an administration to act. And we need to act. We hired a complete idiot from our arch rival to be coach here. He doesn’t want to be here and isn’t cut out to be a head coach. But we have an equally incompetent ad (that hired him) who will be fiercely loyal to Pruitt. Fulmer will support Pruitt to the end of the world as he represents his success or failure as an ad. So the only way we might get a new/better coach would be to boycott this program. Op...I hope you’re sitting there all alone this weekend. Yes, we’ll still be watching at home
I know there will be 3 folks setting on the 40 yd line row 14......GO VOLS !

Reactions: feathersax
For those of you who choose to stay home (and it's your prerogative), you will regret it for many years to come. The atmosphere will be electric. There's nothing like a night game and a national audience. 102,455. Be there!

Reactions: feathersax
Those young men up there with that coaching staff needs Neyland Stadium full come Saturday night and fans that will stay the whole game......I mean hell these recruits out here aren't gonna come and play for a program who has "fairweather" fans that leave at halftime......I mean....You can't wake up a "sleeping giant" if there's nobody in the stands willing to wake the "sleeping giant' up........

VN Store

Back