Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having 30 practices then coming out and looking worse than last year tells me all I need to know.

They’ll probably get some of it fixed. But not enough to matter. Pruitt ain’t the guy.

He may straighten it out enough to keep his job for the next two or three years - and maybe that’s what we need to happen - but we ain’t winning anything of any consequence with this guy at the helm.

And my fear is that any losses will be compounded by his attitude both in public and behind the scenes. If the offense continues to struggle he’ll dumb it down like he did last year to protect his defense.

They already dumbed it down and looked like the Bad News Bears of football. I guess they could stay in one package and see if they can master that. Offense was plain vanilla and never changed. Offensive production should improve just by keeping the playmakers on the field and getting them the ball.

Chandler sat after the fumbles and JJ was targeted 8 times. I believe he caught 7. Pruitt's rule has been if you fumble, you sit. So Chaney is enacting that. If he disagrees, maybe he'll change it up. Chandler, Gray, JJ, Callaway and DWA-- put the ball in their hands and let them carry us.

They already dumbed it down and looked like the Bad News Bears of football. I guess they could stay in one package and see if they can master that. Offense was plain vanilla and never changed. Offensive production should improve just by keeping the playmakers on the field and getting them the ball.

Chandler sat after the fumbles and JJ was targeted 8 times. I believe he caught 7. Pruitt's rule has been if you fumble, you sit. So Chaney is enacting that. If he disagrees, maybe he'll change it up. Chandler, Gray, JJ, Callaway and DWA-- put the ball in their hands and let them carry us.
Well they better put them all on the same side of the field or they'll never get the ball

Give him a vote of confidence? Oh wait.....
1 game into the season? How many ADs have you ever seen do that? I’m sure he’s upset but nothing good would ever come from that. He hitched his wagon to him by hiring him. Of course he supports him. Coming forward would only draw more negative attention.

Reactions: Rishvol
Haha.
But my point is no ther program has been firing coaches any faster than UT.

None of us know the behind the scenes stuff at other schools so we can't honestly say it's different.
Other programs give coaches 3 years and fires no one until their performance drops. It just feels different to us because..well, because it's us.
I agree but our situations have been different. Let's say you have an employee that comes to you and says "I hate this job. I hate this company, I hate my co-workers, I hate this town, I want out, please lay me off so I can get unemployment." (This has happened to me by the way) Would you say get back out there and suck it up? The outcome in that situation has been determined at that point. Both Butch and Dooley had given up and their fate was sealed. Zero reasons, well one in the buyout dropping, to have retained them in their last years. I realize hindsight is 20/20 but it would have been better to cut them both loose a year earlier.

My observation is that Pruitt looks off. I wonder if he is on medication for stress or something like that. He has gained weight and seems lethargic. No bueno.

It happens to a lot of head coaches at high level schools. The local media here in Memphis was talking about how much more gray hair Mike Norvell has in year 4. Just part of the gig. Except maybe Dooley.

Reactions: Devo182 and LA Vol
Maybe some others can verify but I was told at the time, the year before they were ultimately fired, by someone that would know, and I trust that both situations was true. I shared that privately with some members on the board. They can verify.

I'm not one of the sharees, but yes, both Dooley and Butch Jones would have liked to have escaped earlier, without being fired. Sadly, previous UT ADs were not ones to to optimize opportunities.

Most HCs know when it's not a good fit and things aren't working out as hoped.

The play before half with int PI call was a simple spacing route with a fade on the right. Fade was never open. If he looks towards the trio of spacing routes on his left side then JG easily hits Jennings for a TD. Just sad.

My observation is that Pruitt looks off. I wonder if he is on medication for stress or something like that. He has gained weight and seems lethargic. No bueno.

I agree with this. Meds can remove your “give a crap”, and his appears to have been removed. Bad thing for a coach to lose.

Reactions: bignewt

He doesn’t need to protect his defense. It just sucks. It’s easy to call a defense when you have two of the most talented defenses this decade like he had at FSU and Bama. Georgia was loaded too

I agree but our situations have been different. Let's say you have an employee that comes to you and says "I hate this job. I hate this company, I hate my co-workers, I hate this town, I want out, please lay me off so I can get unemployment." (This has happened to me by the way) Would you say get back out there and suck it up? The outcome in that situation has been determined at that point. Both Butch and Dooley had given up and their fate was sealed. Zero reasons, well one in the buyout dropping, to have retained them in their last years. I realize hindsight is 20/20 but it would have been better to cut them both loose a year earlier.
Like I said, no one knows what the situations were at other schools but they know ours is different?
Just doesn't add up.

Thing is, none of them went backward in year 2. Do you see 5 or more wins after the way this team got dominated by Georgia state?
I’d say a four year decline by Beamer ending with 2 wins is far worse than anything this fan base would ever tolerate

tenor.gif

He doesn’t need to protect his defense. It just sucks. It’s easy to call a defense when you have two of the most talented defenses this decade like he had at FSU and Bama. Georgia was loaded too
Just seen a stat that said 7 out of 13 games, Pruitt's def has 38+points put on that ass😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back