Doug Mathews might be interesting this morning

Vfl2407

Has been very supportive of Pruitt and this staff so far.
If you listen, please post his comments and your reaction.
Airs at 9am eastern Sundays.

104.5 The Zone

Has been very supportive of Pruitt and this staff so far.
If you listen, please post his comments and your reaction.
Airs at 9am eastern Sundays.

104.5 The Zone
He won’t be. He’ll be overtime carrying the water he normally does. He’ll give excuse after excuse about what happened and be pissed at anyone who dares be upset with Vols football.

Reactions: NashvilleFan
Lol, this pumping up of Georgia St. is about the saddest spin I've ever seen.

Yeah sure, I'm impressed they did what they needed to do; but I'll repeat the worst Dooley team would have smoked this GSU team.

I quickly edited my original post, to include his 2nd points (he moved beyond point 1 very very quickly).

I quickly edited my original post, to include his 2nd points (he moved on past point 1 very quickly).

Still...I don't HAVE to be impressed with Georgia St.; especially if I believe it's more we are terrible than it is that they are actually good. I still think GSU gets smoked by teams like Troy and App St.

Reactions: 08Vol
He’s greatly impressed with Ga State.
Vols looked confused, lackadaisical, unaware, no sense of urgency.
Poor performance by entire coaching staff.
Nobody showed any emotion.
Not a single position group outplayed GaState.
This was a bad loss, started with the coaches.
Devastating loss.
He’ll always back Vols 100%, but understands why fans are sick of it and why they won’t.
Believes head coach and coordinators are very good.

No pass rush, ILB and OLB awful in pass coverage.

Problem on offense began with Guarantano, played with no emotion, played robotically, poor decisions with where to throw the ball.

Offensive line was awful, coaches need to play their best 5, didn’t understand all the substitutions.

Didn’t understand Chandler getting benched, he’s our “bellcow” rb.

Chaney has to do a much better job calling the game. Has great respect, but he did a poor job.

This is ALL on the coaching staff...team not prepared, coaches with no enthusiasm.

As bad as we played, the SECE is horrible.

Johnson (#13) and Ignont (#23) can’t play....Banks, Crouch and Henry T are quick twitch sudden players who need to play.

#18 on defense (Warrior) is just a body out there. Can’t and won’t make plays.

“Tough decision” at qb for Pruitt and Chaney. JG made awful decisions with where to throw the ball, still can’t recognize a corner blitz after 20 or so starts, should’ve picked up first down rather than sliding too soon. Not sure what’s behind JG at qb, but Chaney has a tough decision coming on who he needs to go with at QB.

Gonna find out how good the staff is after this week.

Last edited:
Tony B is the only radio guy with any backbone. Dude was on for a few hours yesterday and was pissed! Doesn't live off the wiener of the the program.

Not really, other guys have a backbone. Tony is just the most emotional.

Media guys should be concerned that the team being this bad will put them out of a job.

VN Store

Back