Remember 2007??????

VolMarine1371

Remember when Saban and Bama lost to Louisiana Monroe at home 21-14? Not saying Pruitt gonna do the same thing but this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. No one is talking about 2007 anymore but there was Bama fan ready to fire Saban a after that game. Let’s move past 2007 and look where Bama is at now!!!!

Remember when Saban and Bama lost to Louisiana Monroe at home 21-14? Not saying Pruitt gonna do the same thing but this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. No one is talking about 2007 anymore but there was Bama fan ready to fire Saban a after that game. Let’s move past 2007 and look where Bama is at now!!!!
Don’t go there!

The sense of entitlement this fan base has is amazing. Yes we are Tennessee and yes we won a national title over 20 years ago. But none of that matters today. This program was dragged so low by the past 3 coaches its almost incomprehensible.
But the reality of it all is that just because we are Tennessee and we have a coach in their second year doesn’t entitle is to being a contender for a the East.
Anyone with any common sense knew this was going to be more than a one year turn around. It would take at least 3 full seasons of crap to give us enough time to cycle out the piss poor attitudes and play from the previous staff. It would take at least 3 full recruiting cycles to get the players this staff needs and get most of those a couple years experience to even become one of those “outside chance” teams.

This is only year 2 and year 4 was always the realistic chance of competing for the East. Yes maybe we do so bad this year that recruiting tanks and the rebuild is doomed. Or maybe we do what we did last year and take it to the last game to maybe make a bowl game but show kids we are willing to play young guys and can show improvement throughout a season that we can still get the kids we need.

I’m a Tennessee fan no matter what so regardless of how painful this game was, I’m still all in and am hoping this is the game that ignites the fire and removes the sense of entitlement from some of these kids. Now maybe they will realize that just because they play in the SEC doesn’t mean they will automatically be better than everyone else. Now is the time they either realize they have to work and fight and now is the time we truly see what this team and staff are made of.

The sense of entitlement this fan base has is amazing. Yes we are Tennessee and yes we won a national title over 20 years ago. But none of that matters today. This program was dragged so low by the past 3 coaches its almost incomprehensible.
But the reality of it all is that just because we are Tennessee and we have a coach in their second year doesn’t entitle is to being a contender for a the East.
Anyone with any common sense knew this was going to be more than a one year turn around. It would take at least 3 full seasons of crap to give us enough time to cycle out the piss poor attitudes and play from the previous staff. It would take at least 3 full recruiting cycles to get the players this staff needs and get most of those a couple years experience to even become one of those “outside chance” teams.

This is only year 2 and year 4 was always the realistic chance of competing for the East. Yes maybe we do so bad this year that recruiting tanks and the rebuild is doomed. Or maybe we do what we did last year and take it to the last game to maybe make a bowl game but show kids we are willing to play young guys and can show improvement throughout a season that we can still get the kids we need.

I’m a Tennessee fan no matter what so regardless of how painful this game was, I’m still all in and am hoping this is the game that ignites the fire and removes the sense of entitlement from some of these kids. Now maybe they will realize that just because they play in the SEC doesn’t mean they will automatically be better than everyone else. Now is the time they either realize they have to work and fight and now is the time we truly see what this team and staff are made of.

Now I've heard it all; expecting to beat a Sun Belt team that finished 2-10 last year, was picked to finish last this year, and we were 25 point favorites over at home is being "entitled". Dooley's worst team would have won this game. And if they need a game like this to "ignite the fire" then we're more than just a few years away, because that's pathetic.

Smh.

Now I've heard it all; expecting to beat a Sun Belt team that finished 2-10 last year, was picked to finish last this year, and we were 25 point favorites over at home is being "entitled". Dooley's worst team would have won this game. And if they need a game like this to "ignite the fire" then we're more than just a few years away, because that's pathetic.

Smh.

No kidding. How irrational of us to have expectations at a place like. We should just be thankful a guy like Pruitt blessed up with his presence today. Sorry for being upset guys. Y’all are right. Lol

After that loss to ULM, Saban went unbeaten in his second regular season and took a lead into the 4th quarter of the SECCG. Seems unlikely that Pruitt will do the same.

Reactions: 508mikey
Also op...saban lost to la Monroe in his first season. He went undefeated in his second. It’s a little more acceptable in the first year as he doesn’t even yet know all the players. Not so much in the second season. Coaches that go on to have great careers almost always make a huge improvement from year 1 to 2. But we looked as inept as ever to start year 2

Reactions: MidnightVols
Our 3rd stringers should’ve been able to beat this team, a team in which none of their players received any scholarship offers from any meaningful programs. Pruitt had the entire offseason to have these guys ready to go and they looked lost, clueless and lacking any heart, they gave up.

Yeah, no. This game was a disaster and there’s no bandaging this bullet hole.

Also op...saban lost to la Monroe in his first season. He went undefeated in his second. It’s a little more acceptable in the first year as he doesn’t even yet know all the players. Not so much in the second season. Coaches that go on to have great careers almost always make a huge improvement from year 1 to 2. But we looked as inept as ever to start year 2

Saban had also already won the MAC at Toledo, turned around Michigan St., and won 2 SEC Championships and a National Championship at LSU. I think he had a hell of a lot more clout to be forgiven for a loss against LA Monroe in his first year at Alabama.

4cef1ff3b63e2001d373ae7b610227b790d953139e047363e198ae18641964e5.jpg

Another Bama comparison. It only works if you have exactly the same situation and that will never happen. Tennessee hasn't just been struggling for wins in the last decade it has been losing games in historic fashion. Picking out a bad loss with any program doesn't explain what is being seen every week with this vol's program.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Another Bama comparison. It only works if you have exactly the same situation and that will never happen. Tennessee hasn't just been struggling for wins in the last decade it has been losing games in historic fashion. Picking out a bad loss with any program doesn't explain what is being seen every week with this vol's program.

Saban comparisons, Swinney comparisons, we have them all covered here. Probably throw in a Coach K one too.

Reactions: TUSKtimes
Post of the year. Temper expectations, let CJP build his program. Stoops lost to a Sunbelt team in his first year, weathered the storm, and has made significant progress since. Tennessee can rebound much quicker than a Kentucky because of tradition.

Post of the year. Temper expectations, let CJP build his program. Stoops lost to a Sunbelt team in his first year, weathered the storm, and has made significant progress since. Tennessee can rebound much quicker than a Kentucky because of tradition.

This isn't Pruitt's first year. And expecting to beat GSU at home being favored by 25 isn't "entitlement".

Post of the year? GTFO.

Reactions: Alto1
This isn't Pruitt's first year. And expecting to beat GSU at home being favored by 25 isn't "entitlement".

Post of the year? GTFO.

Oh sorry, second year. Bad losses happen regardless of the spread, even if it is year 2.

Wake up, dude. It isn't 1998. You are not relevant on the national stage anymore. Pruitt needs time. Or you can just keep firing coaches and replacing them with crappier ones because no elite coach will want to come to the hill with the out of touch fringes of the fanbase.

So we're entitled because we expect Tennessee to beat a team picked to finish last in the sunbelt at home, ok.

Reactions: Alto1 and Zues1
Oh sorry, second year. Bad losses happen regardless of the spread, even if it is year 2.

Wake up, dude. It isn't 1998. You are not relevant on the national stage anymore. Pruitt needs time. Or you can just keep firing coaches and replacing them with crappier ones because no elite coach will want to come to the hill with the out of touch fringes of the fanbase.

Wake up, your comparison is garbage. Stoops was taking over a sh** program that went 2-10 the year before, and had ALREADY lost to said Sun Belt team the year before.

Wake up, your comparison is garbage. Stoops was taking over a sh** program that went 2-10 the year before, and had ALREADY lost to said Sun Belt team the year before.

Why so rude? I was trying to be helpful in my post. But some people just have to be an ass I guess.

Why so rude? I was trying to be helpful in my post. But some people just have to be an ass I guess.

I wasn't being rude; I found you saying that was the "post of the year" utterly ridiculous, and found your comparison to Stoops at UK not exactly apples and oranges. UK was a trainwreck even by UK standards, and like I said you had already lost to WKU the year before. So Stoops losing to them his first year wasn't really a shock. If Pruitt had lost to an App St. type team last year, then yeah maybe this is easier to swallow but it's not. It's worse.

I know it's not 1998; I'm not a sunshine pumper. I'm one who thinks Vol fans generally have an inflated view of our football program historically. I think we're a solid football program historically but I don't think we're elite by any means. But I also don't think the 2007 Vols are too much to ask for considering our history and the money this program has. No matter how you slice it, yesterday was completely unacceptable.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Wow cat fans trying to tell us how to react. Don't you guys have a fund raiser to attend to for the next one n done.

Reactions: McCat
So, saying Get The **** Out isn't rude? Hmm.

I wasn't being rude; I found you saying that was the "post of the year" utterly ridiculous, and found your comparison to Stoops at UK not exactly apples and oranges. UK was a trainwreck even by UK standards, and like I said you had already lost to WKU the year before. So Stoops losing to them his first year wasn't really a shock. If Pruitt had lost to an App St. type team last year, then yeah maybe this is easier to swallow but it's not. It's worse.

I know it's not 1998; I'm not a sunshine pumper. I'm one who thinks Vol fans generally have an inflated view of our football program historically. I think we're a solid football program historically but I don't think we're elite by any means. But I also don't think the 2007 Vols are too much to ask for considering our history and the money this program has. No matter how you slice it, yesterday was completely unacceptable.

VN Store

Back