Hurricane Dorian

gordonr24

Vol in West TN
Here we go again....

Forecasted to make landfall as a major hurricane on the Florida peninsula Monday morning. The worst case scenario is that it heads due west over the peninsula and into warm gulf waters to restrengthen.

Here we go again....

Forecasted to make landfall as a major hurricane on the Florida peninsula Monday morning. The worst case scenario is that it heads due west over the peninsula and into warm gulf waters to restrengthen.

Gotta watch the Hugh forming and see what it does most models are trending north or have been be curious to see the 6pm run.

Here we go again....

Well if we could only get rid of FL....

I have family there, I'm only like 47.82% serious

I live in Orlando it’ll be my first hurricane
Just be ready to go without power for several days. News just reported up to 3 days of hurricane force winds in Orlando. If it keeps pushing South and curves up mid peninsula, it's going to be a long few days.

Think of the worst thunderstorm you've ever experienced and realize it could be that scenario for days, not a few hours.

Find somewhere inside for the mustang.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Wind speed is up, pressure down. It has also slowed forward motion.
025521_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Reactions: feathersax
Just be ready to go without power for several days. News just reported up to 3 days of hurricane force winds in Orlando. If it keeps pushing South and curves up mid peninsula, it's going to be a long few days.

Think of the worst thunderstorm you've ever experienced and realize it could be that scenario for days, not a few hours.

Find somewhere inside for the mustang.
Thanks for the info! Mustang stays garaged!

Katrina hit New Orleans on August 29th 2005. This storm will probably be historic as well.

I have a room booked in Fort Walton next Thursday thru Sunday, I wonder if I should cancel the booking...

I have a room booked in Fort Walton next Thursday thru Sunday, I wonder if I should cancel the booking...

Cancelled my booking in Anna Maria for today through the 9th. Going to Vegas. Last time I plan a vacation in Florida. Taking way to much of a chance and spending way to much money For the trip to be wrecked by a hurricane.

I miss earthquakes. You know they will happen eventually, but there is no warning so you don't think about it. Watching this thing form and checking every hour to see if the model has changed is nerve-racking.

I just waited in line for gas for probably the 1st time since the 70's oil embargo.

Reactions: VolNExile
Weather channel isn’t amping this one up. Even with the technology we have today it’s so hard to track these things with all the variables. Saying that, the guarantee is it will be a cat 3 or higher. Looking at recent model data and analyzing it.. I saw some wind gust at 181mph. Which would have sustained winds at around 155 but that’s just data it changes every run. This thing is slowing down and I know there will be people who stay but look what Micheal did.. this one is gonna be the same with extended an extended periods of winds due to the slow movement.. Any body that’s on this site around Miami North need to heed the warning that the governor is giving. Storm surge will bad with this as well.

Weather channel isn’t amping this one up. Even with the technology we have today it’s so hard to track these things with all the variables. Saying that, the guarantee is it will be a cat 3 or higher. Looking at recent model data and analyzing it.. I saw some wind gust at 181mph. Which would have sustained winds at around 155 but that’s just data it changes every run. This thing is slowing down and I know there will be people who stay but look what Micheal did.. this one is gonna be the same with extended an extended periods of winds due to the slow movement.. Any body that’s on this site around Miami North need to heed the warning that the governor is giving. Storm surge will bad with this as well.
I’ve heard it’s going to be pretty bad. It slowing down isn’t a good thing since it’s just gonna continue to get more powerful. I live in Orlando and although it’s central Florida we are being told it’s going to smack us as well.

I’ve heard it’s going to be pretty bad. It slowing down isn’t a good thing since it’s just gonna continue to get more powerful. I live in Orlando and although it’s central Florida we are being told it’s going to smack us as well.

Absolutely, are you gonna ride it out? it could still be offshore a bit and you could be receiving some strong winds. It’ll be a high cat 4 before it makes landfall. It has the possibility to be a cat 5.

Absolutely, are you gonna ride it out? it could still be offshore a bit and you could be receiving some strong winds. It’ll be a high cat 4 before it makes landfall. It has the possibility to be a cat 5.
Unfortunately I have to stay bc my work doesn’t care. I get to go to work in this

I’m in the Tampa Bay are and have no clue if we will get it or not. People are preparing as if we are, Costco sold out of water, people waiting for hours for gas. I so hope it turns and just stays out at sea.

Reactions: VOLALUM
We're in the crosshairs on Wednesday. I'm working day shift tomorrow and Sunday to fill a shift, and then Patrol will probably go 12 on / 12 off starting Tuesday evening. As one of only two active part-timers, I was asked if I was available, and there's only one right answer. Took an oath.

When the winds hit 70+, we go to a fire station in our zone and hunker down. Tough to say, but at that point you're on your own. Odds are, land lines are most likely down, and even cell phones might not work. And we'd probably have to cut our way to you through the downed trees. Two years ago was a lesson in reality. We've adjusted as best as we can.

It's going to be a long week in my neck of the woods, and there are many others here who will likely have it worse than we do. So catch a knee for those in the path of this storm, and those who will do their best to take care of the ones who choose to ride it out. Times like these, we tend to see the best of what makes this the greatest nation, and people, on God's good earth.

Oh...and Go Vols!

VN Store

Back