2019 Hot Seat

Helton is an easy pick to be the first coach fired.

I don't see Rutgers or Illinois caring enough to fire their HCs mid-season.

Malzahn is obviously on the hot seat, but Auburn will save a decent sum if they wait til the end of the year, so I don't see them firing him until December.

I think Luke is way too low on the list.

Willie Taggert better not lose to Boise this week. I think he should be 1A or 1B.

Gus better also get a win Saturday or else it’s going to be excruciating for him and the Barn this season with that schedule.

Malzahn is obviously on the hot seat, but Auburn will save a decent sum if they wait til the end of the year, so I don't see them firing him until December.

Rutgers I agree but the Chicago media will cause Lovie to be fired.

Willie Taggert better not lose to Boise this week. I think he should be 1A or 1B.

Gus better also get a win Saturday or else it’s going to be excruciating for him and the Barn this season with that schedule.
I think FSU will go 7-5 and get an invitation to the Taxslayer Gator Bowl which will save his job.............................................….for now

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

They'd wait until December to fire him even if it was cheap to do so because the Georgia and Alabama games have a great chance of determining their entire season. Of course, it's also possible Auburn has conference 3 losses before those games (at A&M, at Florida, at LSU). Their schedule is brutal this year.

If Gus doesn't find a QB, be it either Gatewood or Nix, he'll almost certainly be fired. If he finds a QB, they'll win the West or come really close. If he doesn't, they are probably going 6-6.

They'd wait until December to fire him even if it was cheap to do so because the Georgia and Alabama games have a great chance of determining their entire season. Of course, it's also possible Auburn has conference 3 losses before those games (at A&M, at Florida, at LSU). Their schedule is brutal this year.

If Gus doesn't find a QB, be it either Gatewood or Nix, he'll almost certainly be fired. If he finds a QB, they'll win the West or come really close. If he doesn't, they are probably going 6-6.
I can't see Auburn doing better than 7-5 and I think Gus will be canned for going 7-5 again.

Doubt that Gundy gets canned at Okie Lite. That would be akin to Tech firing Leach. That move hasn't worked out so well for the tortilla tossers.

Reactions: feathersax
Honestly I thought UCLA played much better than expected. Cincinnati was an 11-2 team last year. UCLA was expected to lose. UCLA's defense played very well, which surprised me. Offense was a s#$%show, but Kelly still doesn't have his own players. The biggest roadblock for Chip Kelly is that he probably can't be that competitive with recruiting classes ranked in the 60s at UCLA. He was never an elite recruiter at Oregon, but he at least got classes in the 20s and 30s; not the 50s and 60s.

That said, I still think Chip Kelly is one of the most overrated coaches in college football, but UCLA played much better than I expected; I thought Cincy would clobber them.

Last edited:
Kilani Sitaki will be on a blazing hotseat when BYU opens the 2019 season 0-5.
0-5...about 0-8? Their easiest game of the first 8 is at Toledo, who was bowl eligible last year.

They open with a 4 game gauntlet, then go at Toledo, at South Florida, Boise St, at Utah St. Utah St went 11-2 and ranked #22 last year.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back