Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Even if we don’t it’s great to see our name there with the others. And any time someone picks Tennessee over Memphis it’s a good thing! Even if only for a visit

Yep, if anything, it's good publicity--elite kids pay attention to where their peers are visiting/committing, and it never hurts to be mentioned in the same sentence as Duke, UNC and UK in basketball recruiting.

I will say that, even though I initially liked the Barnes hire, I NEVER thought that UT basketball would be swimming in these recruiting waters.

Banchero doesn't seem likely, but if we end up landing Springer, I think we could give him a lot to think about if he decides to reclassify given who he could be coming in to play with.
Our best shot is that the UK’s, Duke’s land their top targets in the post, don’t have unforeseen NBA departures and do their depth charts aren’t as appealing.

If he’s taking an OV, then yes there’s at the very least a shot...with that said I would think we are probably not likely at all to land him.
hence my reluctance to make a thread.. biggest trend is the consistency with some of these big name kids.. at some point it will (at which point it is now to a degree) begin to pay dividends with signatures in return

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Five-star PF schedules official visit with Vols
For those in the know, do we have any shot here?

“I want to go to schools (for visits) that are far away,” he said late last month. “Schools that are close by I can go to anytime.”

“Memphis and Tennessee, I’m kind of deciding which one,” Banchero said. “They’re both in the same state so I’m just trying to decide which one I want to go to.

“Duke and Kentucky are pretty much locks.”

“I think the coolest conversation I had with a coach recently was when I talked to Coach Rick Barnes from Tennessee,” Banchero wrote on Thursday. “We just talked about everyday stuff, and then he asked me if I had a girlfriend. I told him yes, and then he said is she cute. Haha!
“Of course, I said yes, and then he said he was sure she wouldn’t mind me coming to Knoxville, Tennessee. I thought it was cool that we talked about things like that other than basketball. That’s what I like most about getting to know these coaches.”

Out of the Banchero visit dates, I like ours the best. Looks like he'll be in town for the USCjr football game. Should be a great environment in late October. Spokane, WA will be cold and miserable by late January and he doesn't look to be visiting the blue bloods during bball season.

Maybe a back-up if we miss on Springer and Hayes? Rivals doesn’t show an offer from us, and 247 doesn’t even have Tennessee listed.
Think it’s a case of a guy listing way more schools than what’s actually recruiting him...doesn’t hold a Tennessee offer and they haven’t really been in any serious contact with him.

Out of the Banchero visit dates, I like ours the best. Looks like he'll be in town for the USCjr football game. Should be a great environment in late October. Spokane, WA will be cold and miserable by late January and he doesn't look to be visiting the blue bloods during bball season.
I saw where he doesn’t know if he’s coming to Tennessee or Memphis for an official, is that correct?

VN Store

Back