Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying to lock up the users. They need mental and physical help. There has to be a combination of prosecuting dealers and reducing the number of people addicted. I know you think that the government should stay out of it but left to their devices, people will descend to chaos. Criminals have to be prosecuted or else what is the point of rules and laws.

A certain percentage of people are beyond help, they will descend into chaos regardless of drug laws. Take all that money you are spending fighting the war and put into mental and physical help, more money into cleaning people up and figuring out how to get them on their feet. You can't save them all but you also have been losing the war for decades and our prisons are overflowing with people arrested for POSSESSION. Don't know why I bother though, nothing will change and with prisons being privatized the more felons you got, the more cheddar lines the pockets.

A certain percentage of people are beyond help, they will descend into chaos regardless of drug laws. Take all that money you are spending fighting the war and put into mental and physical help, more money into cleaning people up and figuring out how to get them on their feet. You can't save them all but you also have been losing the war for decades and our prisons are overflowing with people arrested for POSSESSION. Don't know why I bother though, nothing will change and with prisons being privatized the more felons you got, the more cheddar lines the pockets.

I'm with you on the simple possession stuff. Arrest the dealers and distributors when you catch them and shift the focus to treatment. However, complete decriminalization is not the right answer. It is somewhere between where we are now and zero drug laws.

You're right though. Very little will likely change because we have a bunch of puffed up self-important..... no politics talk in the RF.

Reactions: bignewt
Portugal is an interesting case study on this.

My boss is from SF. He was talking about the Shat Map that shows all to places homeless people have dooked on the streets.

When your city has a downtown 'poop patrol' to clean up human feces on the sidewalks and in the gutters, you know your city has a serious problem.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
While we’re depressed, my wife’s aunt...who my stepdaughter considers her grandmother...just diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer. Just in time for Christmas. Would be our second loss as a couple...after my own aunt last week. Prayers...good thoughts. Whatever you got.
Well...crap 😔 ..I just got off the phone with my mom earlier and she starts telling me what she wants me to do with what she is leaving me in her will...I'm like "Mom...can we please not talk about this..ever...please?"

Reactions: butchna
Yeah I was there recently and Portland. It’s not bad. SF is the worst I’ve seen and downtown sd

Yeah, downtown San Diego does have a huge homeless population but their biggest problem is that the daily high temps stay within arm's reach of 70° year-round. Hell, if I were chronically homeless that's where I'd go; simplifies clothes, bedding and shelter.

100% agree...the "war on drugs" is nothing but a pathetic money racket, and a complete and utter failure, and it always will be.

This is a pretty good article about Portugal's shift away from an expensive drug war. America is definitely a much more complicated country but I would think there are more than a few things we could learn from what Portugal has done the last 2 decades.

Want to Win the War on Drugs? Portugal Might Have the Answer

Been saying for decades, drugs should be decriminalized, sold on the open market and taxed. We pay higher taxes, insurance rates and for stolen items so a bunch of lawyers, judges and others have full-time jobs "managing" the drug problem. The last thing in the world the justice system in America wants to do is fix it and the last thing in the world the drug cartels want is for America to become a free market on drugs. American farmers would crush the cartels.

In American, one should have the right to be as stupid as they want to be as long as they do not harm others. Want to fry your brains out on opioids in your home, have at it my friend. Get in vehicle and drive, then caning is an adequate and appropriate remedy.

Don't use drugs. Never have. But I also know the history of this country which did not prohibit widespread drug use until around WWI. Opioid houses were actually a fairly common thing in towns, even small rural ones. I also believe in freedom, including the freedom to be as stupid as one wants. Let Darwinism run free, it will sort itself out.

Been saying for decades, drugs should be decriminalized, sold on the open market and taxed. We pay higher taxes, insurance rates and for stolen items so a bunch of lawyers, judges and others have full-time jobs "managing" the drug problem. The last thing in the world the justice system in America wants to do is fix it and the last thing in the world the drug cartels want is for America to become a free market on drugs. American farmers would crush the cartels.

In American, one should have the right to be as stupid as they want to be as long as they do not harm others. Want to fry your brains out on opioids in your home, have at it my friend. Get in vehicle and drive, then caning is an adequate and appropriate remedy.

Don't use drugs. Never have. But I also know the history of this country which did not prohibit widespread drug use until around WWI. Opioid houses were actually a fairly common thing in towns, even small rural ones. I also believe in freedom, including the freedom to be as stupid as one wants. Let Darwinism run free, it will sort itself out.
tenor.gif

My boss is from SF. He was talking about the Shat Map that shows all to places homeless people have dooked on the streets.

My wife and I thought it was overblown when we stayed downtown SF on honeymoon... until... we had to walk past a homeless guy *****ing in front of a restaurant window. Those poor people eating, they got a dinner and show they didn’t want.

They rarely prosecute for any drug offenses, including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc. I honestly couldn't care less about weed. If alcohol and tobacco are legal then why not marijuana. At least it has some medicinal benefits. However, the really hard drugs do nothing but kill folks and ruin lives.
Need rehab. Not a prison cell. They have a medical issue, not criminal.

And for sellers, prison is just a place to make business and gang connections. Great for the overall drug trade kingpins.

This is a pretty good article about Portugal's shift away from an expensive drug war. America is definitely a much more complicated country but I would think there are more than a few things we could learn from what Portugal has done the last 2 decades.

Want to Win the War on Drugs? Portugal Might Have the Answer
Try anything they want, the worst that can happen is it fails. Which is exactly what the war on drugs has been doing for decades.

Need rehab. Not a prison cell. They have a medical issue, not criminal.

And for sellers, prison is just a place to make business and gang connections. Great for the overall drug trade kingpins.

I'm all for hangings for a few high level dealers. When we were still British colonies, petty theft would turn you into a blue giraffe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back