How many can Tennessee sign in the 2020 class?

NighthawkVol

With Anthony Harris not getting in, Tennessee had 22 in its 2019 class, plus the 2 transfers make 24. So do we have a back count?

Just wondering if anyone knows the actual number we can sign. I have to think it’s at least 26 this year (not counting blueshirts or greyshirts).

giphy.gif

Unlimited recruits. Sign 'em all.
The NCAA will keep the Vols out of bowls but according to many, that means no penalty at all.
Honestly, I would be ok with ending the season undefeated and ranked #1, but not playing in the post season. And if we have a roster full of NFL ready players, then it’s better for them too if they can avoid the risk of injury in those additional games that do nothing but pad the NCAAs pocket (while those player don’t receive additional compensation for their achievement).

I say we pay our players and sign as many as we can afford.

Honestly, I would be ok with ending the season undefeated and ranked #1, but not playing in the post season. And if we have a roster full of NFL ready players, then it’s better for them too if they can avoid the risk of injury in those additional games that do nothing but pad the NCAAs pocket (while those player don’t receive additional compensation for their achievement).

25. I believe we'll only need 1 blupeshit to do this. Last year we needed 2. Harris not making it just means we require 1 less.

Reactions: montanatenn
With Anthony Harris not getting in, Tennessee had 22 in its 2019 class, plus the 2 transfers make 24. So do we have a back count?

Just wondering if anyone knows the actual number we can sign. I have to think it’s at least 26 this year (not counting blueshirts or greyshirts).
Can sign 26 this year. 27 if Melvin McBride no longer counts

NCAA doesn’t receive Bowl money, it goes back to schools, same for football TV money. NCAA does get compensated for NCAA basketball tournament (also why you see them being very careful about punishing anyone in the Adidas scandal). Athletes, on avg in the SEC, are compensated to the equivalent of over 55k a year including free access to tutors, meals, exercise equipment, professional instructors, nutritionists, tuition, room/board, the list goes on. Not to mention the lifetime networking they will get after college. That number does NOT include the stipend they do receive for ‘additional compensation’, as you put it. Some make more per month than people on Social Security.

As for the actual question, now 4 transfers are listed, but did any of the ‘19 class count towards the ‘18 class?

VN Store

Back