Quarte Sapp signed with the Titans

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Awesome for him. Joins LaTroy Lewis.

NASHVILLE – The Titans have agreed to terms with former University of Tennessee linebacker Quart’e Sapp.

Sapp took part in the team’s rookie minicamp in May, but wasn’t immediately signed.

Sapp (6-2, 223) played in 27 games for the Volunteers, and he recorded 111 stops during his collegiate career. He played in a combined 17 games and had 104 total tackles and two pass breakups in his last two seasons with the Vols. He had four 10-tackle performances against SEC teams.

Sapp joins another former Vol linebacker – LaTroy Lewis – on the Titans roster.

Titans Add Former Vols Linebacker Quart'e Sapp, Waive/Injured Nigel Harris

I guess my assessment of him will be determined by what happens in preseason camp. I do not understand if he was hurting too much to play or quit last season. His performance from the remaining games did not help me figure him out.

He should have stayed another year. Maybe Harrison To'o to'o, and Crouch made him skeered.

Possibly.

But I think it was his knee and that he felt he was better than options that we're in front of him. Yet he didn't play much Even though he had a monster spring last year.

Good luck to him. He was pretty awesome during that 4-8 season.

So...did Pruitt waste his talent while he was here..?

source.gif

I think that's great. I really hope it's a genuine sentiment and not just a diplomatic reply to a loaded question. I know he and Pruitt had a pretty big public disagreement last season that was never really fully explained. It would be awesome to see something good come out of it for Sapp.

@Hacksaw

On a scale of 1 to sad boy...how much does this depress you?

I already said I think it's great. It's something Pruitt can use to help recruit. I don't know that it necessarily proves anything. A player in Sapp's position is focused on making an NFL roster and it's not in his best interest to say anything controversial about a former coach. Butch's former players in the NFL have said similar things. I don't know how significant it really is. But it can only help us, so I like it.

I already said I think it's great. It's something Pruitt can use to help recruit. I don't know that it necessarily proves anything. A player in Sapp's position is focused on making an NFL roster and it's not in his best interest to say anything controversial about a former coach. Butch's former players in the NFL have said similar things. I don't know how significant it really is. But it can only help us, so I like it.

You didn't answer my poll :(

I am sad boi

So you like it but make every effort to take away from Pruitt...

VN Store

Back