Ranking SEC schedules

secking

Look who is #13.

Ranking SEC schedules in order of toughness

#11 UT:

If only Alabama wasn't on Tennessee's schedule ... seriously, this team could likely hit eight victories — or more — this fall thanks to a manageable slate (by SEC standards). The Vols likely won't be phased by the non-conference stretch (Georgia State, BYU, Chattanooga, UAB) and get three of their biggest SEC games at home with South Carolina, Mississippi State and Georgia coming to Knoxville. Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but open dates before battling Georgia and Mizzou is a nice set-up. ... Kentucky won't win 10 games again, but there's room for success, especially in November. During the final month of the season, the Wildcats play Tennessee, Vandy, UT Martin and Louisville — hardly murderer's row.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
The funny thing is that our schedule is almost identical to the #1 toughest one (South Carolina), except switch out Clemson for BYU. Obviously, having Clemson is tougher, but still only 1 game difference.

The funny thing is that our schedule is almost identical to the #1 toughest one (South Carolina), except switch out Clemson for BYU. Obviously, having Clemson is tougher, but still only 1 game difference.
Texas A&M, North Carolina and Clemson is much tougher than Miss St, BYU and Ga St. I don't think their schedule is anywhere near as easy as ours. It's gonna be a rough season for the lamecocks this year I believe.

Reactions: 08Vol
Texas A&M, North Carolina and Clemson is much tougher than Miss St, BYU and Ga St. I don't think their schedule is anywhere near as easy as ours. It's gonna be a rough season for the lamecocks this year I believe.

BYU and Mississippi State are better teams than North Carolina but I do agree that Carolina has a much tougher schedule

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Imagine having to play Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia in the regular season. South Carolina has to play the top 3 football teams in the country this year yikes. If a team were to ever manage going undefeated with a schedule like that skip the playoffs and crown them champs.

I just remember suffering through those AZZ whippins from Oregon and Oklahoma (not so long ago)! Even though the program is down, I'm glad we're not in that again!

There’s no way UGA’s schedule is tougher than Ole Miss’s. Yes UGA plays A&M and Auburn but so does Ole Miss. UGA plays ND and UF while Ole Miss plays Bama and LSU. Plus Ole Miss still has Miss St, Cal, Memphis, and Missouri. Plus, UGA’s tougher games are at home and Ole Miss has their toughest on the road.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Imagine having to play Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia in the regular season. South Carolina has to play the top 3 football teams in the country this year yikes. If a team were to ever manage going undefeated with a schedule like that skip the playoffs and crown them champs.
In light of who they their coach is, I might Crown them the chimps

I just remember suffering through those AZZ whippins from Oregon and Oklahoma (not so long ago)! Even though the program is down, I'm glad we're not in that again!
Yeah, when we have a tough schedule, it seems like it's "quit complaining and win some"...when it's an easier schedule by standards, it's all about playing cupcakes. Also the SOS takes the whole schedule into account, not that we'd have to play a murderers row of 4-5 games back to back, like we had to do for about 2-3 years running. Having games spread out, like we're starting to do next year makes it more manageable.

I have to say, South Carolina has one of the toughest schedules I've ever seen. They could have a top five caliber team and still go 9-3. That is a gauntlet.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Oklahoma sure as hell didn't whip our azz in 2015... we should have had that one.

No. You would have to add aTm. And replace one of the nonpower fives with UNC. And of course there is the whole Clemson thing...

Just don't look at our schedule for 2020 ;)

Doesn’t look too abnormal to me, DG. Obviously going to Norman is a tough one. At least we’ll have Bama and Florida at home, and Georgia will be later in the year. I don’t expect Arkansas to be a juggernaut in year 3 under Chad Morris. Wheels are about to fall off the Will Muschamp train IMO as well.

I'm not seeing UF at 5-0. No, at best 4-1, after being upset by Tennessee in Gainesville.

Ohio State would disagree and say they could whoop em all! 💥😂

VN Store

Back