Tyler Byrd at the web-back position

It's hard to factor in speed when JG has to hurry every pass he throws it seems. No time for deep routes, double moves. I hope CJC gets the ball in #'s 4,10,11 hands a lot more this year than in the last 2 years. Byrd does block well I've noticed.

Reactions: Volanta
Tavon Austin had 55 yards rushing and 140 receiving in 7 games. Guess that’s something.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
I have always thought Byrd is under utilized badly. You can't coach speed and God given ability. Chaney needs to put him in different sets and try to take advantage of his athleticism. Use the weapons at hand in every way that gives the offense an advantage.
Well with Chaney he will. He does a great job of utilizing the weapons he has, that's one of the reasons I'm excited for our offense this year

Wait... nothing is changing? This is just an opinion piece based on an interview with his high school coach? Better than nothing I guess but thought it was news.

Reactions: Volanta
Carlin Fils-Aime could be used this way as well. Last year he showed glimpses of greatness. There is a lot of potential in this senior offensive group beyond Callaway and Jennings.

I think back to when Pig Howard was the best we had and things are better now.

Greatness? Really?

Always felt bad for tyler byrd.. he had so much promise. I know his NSD decision still haunts him lo-key. Id love to see him get more touches

He’s been underutilized in my opinion so can’t find fault with this
More touches for him means less touches for someone else. I can see this going one of two ways. Good news is we have multiple weapons on offense. Big time players gonna earn their “money” in big time games

VN Store

Back