Recruiting Memphis

Tennessee has never gained anything from playing Memphis and its still that way today. No matter how good (or perceived "good") they are theres just no strategic positives for the Vols. If there were any, trust me the Vols would play them every year.

Well, to be fair, with the new scheduling arrangement, we can’t really even consider putting Memphis on the schedule. Playing one P5 non conference opponent means we either play a home and home or a neutral game. That means we lose a home game some years and have to play “buy” games for other three non conference games. Memphis would want us to play in Memphis as part of an agreement, and that becomes difficult. Tennessee wants 7 or 8 home games a year for revenue. I guess it could be worked out some how, but it’s made a series with Memphis much more difficult.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Well, to be fair, with the new scheduling arrangement, we can’t really even consider putting Memphis on the schedule. Playing one P5 non conference opponent means we either play a home and home or a neutral game. That means we lose a home game some years and have to play “buy” games for other three non conference games. Memphis would want us to play in Memphis as part of an agreement, and that becomes difficult. Tennessee wants 7 or 8 home games a year for revenue. I guess it could be worked out some how, but it’s made a series with Memphis much more difficult.
I'm all for keeping some series up in state. But we can play mtsu, UTC, etsu, ut Martin and accomplish what we want scheduling wise.

There is zero benefit to playing Memphis. It only helps them, win or lose.

And they can get what they need by playing ole Miss, MSU or Arkansas.

That’s part of it as well

Newt, that is terrible disrespect to sewer systems around the world, especially the Dyersburg sewer system.
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back