Former UGA player Kelin Johnson credits Georgia's current success to Pruitt

No we weren’t really in it for 3 1/2 quarters. We were dominated in the first half. It was 17-0 at the half. The game was over early in the 3rd.

You are right. UT wasn't in it for 3 /12 quarters. UT was in it until early in the fourth quarter when it was 12-24. The game was still within reach. Just because the game was 0-17 in the first half didn't mean it was out of reach. Was it likely at all for UT to win at the end of the first half or early in the 4th? No, it wasn't. But, don't try to say the game was over when UT could have held UGA or got turnovers in the 4th quarter, scored 2 TDs and won the game. It happens!!! There was still a chance and UT was in the game. Do you think Pruitt cried due to the players fighting into the 4th quarter and being in the game or because the game was over in the first half???

You just think you know it all when you don't know squat! Also, Who is we? Are you a player on the team? I am an alumnus. So, the group of us alumni who are fans are a group known as 'we alumni'. The players for a group known as 'we players'. It is two different groups of people. You aren't on the team. So, you weren't on the field that day to be classified in the group with the players know as 'we players'.

No reason to not dream. Good for children

Why don't you offer some insight or give the board something instead of being an azz? The team was in the game and fought a tough battle in a hostile environment with much less talent that the other team! Dreams do come true when you bust your tail to make them a reality! I doubt that ever happens to you or any kids you raise. All you want to do here is post some smart azz response and be negative!!! Negative people are far less successful than positive ones that do dream and put those dreams into action!!!

I don't think your Vol Degree was in logic. Because all it takes is one game for the statement to be factually wrong. It was proven wrong last fall, yet the guy keeps saying it anyway. :-/
That being said, I appreciate your hopeful outlook on our future.

Not sure what you meant by your post. But, Pruitt's team has lost one game to Kirby's team. UGA is still way more talented than UT due to having the number 3,1, and 1 recruiting class the last 3 years and number 9 in 2016. I don't care about or like moral victories at all. But, I believe UT loses by no more than 10 or wins this year vs UGA. If I am right, I think you will probably change your mind on Pruitt owning Smart soon as well once UT has top 10 recruiting classes every year with most being in the top 5!

Last edited:
You are right. UT wasn't in it for 3 /12 quarters. UT was in it until early in the fourth quarter when it was 12-24. The game was still within reach. Just because the game was 0-17 in the first half didn't mean it was out of reach. Was it likely at all for UT to win at the end of the first half or early in the 4th? No, it wasn't. But, don't try to say the game was over when UT could have held UGA or got turnovers in the 4th quarter, scored 2 TDs and won the game. It happens!!! There was still a chance and UT was in the game. Do you think Pruitt cried due to the players fighting into the 4th quarter and being in the game or because the game was over in the first half???

You just think you know it all when you don't know squat! Also, Who is we? Are you a player on the team? I am an alumnus. So, the group of us alumni who are fans are a group known as 'we alumni'. The players for a group known as 'we players'. It is two different groups of people. You aren't on the team. So, you weren't on the field that day to be classified in the group with the players know as 'we players'.

You can be delusional all you want. But I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of those who watched that game last year realized the game was pretty much over at halftime. Also, I dont care who you are. I can call the team I have proudly supported since 1985 whatever I want. There are also 'we fans.' You know, the ones who pretty much keep UT football alive? You know the ones who have had to sit back and watch our proud football program get flushed down the toilet by braindead leadership and scumbag politicians? I would be willing to bet I have spent a good 50-75k in the past 20 or so years on UT. So you can piss off. I will use whatever vernacular I want in talking about UT football.

You can be delusional all you want. But I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of those who watched that game last year realized the game was pretty much over at halftime. Also, I dont care who you are. I can call the team I have proudly supported since 1985 whatever I want. There are also 'we fans.' You know, the ones who pretty much keep UT football alive? You know the ones who have had to sit back and watch our proud football program get flushed down the toilet by braindead leadership and scumbag politicians? I would be willing to bet I have spent a good 50-75k in the past 20 or so years on UT. So you can piss off. I will use whatever vernacular I want in talking about UT football.

Great grammar, great financial moves, and you are still great at being delusional! Who cares how much you spent supporting the Vols? That doesn't make you an educated fan. You are still delusional and lack intelligence. It is shown in your posts often! When a team is down by 12 a few minutes into the 4th quarter. The team is still in the game. Unless, you are a negative narcissist like yourself. I would say the vast majority felt UT had a chance early in the 4th quarter until UGA went up by 19. Then, it was out of reach! Again, it wasn't a good or great chance. But, it was a chance UT could win the game early in the 4th quarter. It wasn't over!

Read the thread title and laughed. Had Gundy took the job this thread would not exist. I want to win championships as bad as anyone but this is Pruitt's first HC'ing job, let's see if he is up to the challenge before we start anointing him King. We had a truckload of others turn us down before we "settled" on him. It's going to take 3-4-5 years before we are a power again.....and that depends on if he can recruit like Bama and UGA is doing. They are both "next level elite" recruiting compared to anyone. Sux but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Read the thread title and laughed. Had Gundy took the job this thread would not exist. I want to win championships as bad as anyone but this is Pruitt's first HC'ing job, let's see if he is up to the challenge before we start anointing him King. We had a truckload of others turn us down before we "settled" on him. It's going to take 3-4-5 years before we are a power again.....and that depends on if he can recruit like Bama and UGA is doing. They are both "next level elite" recruiting compared to anyone. Sux but it is what it is.
Pruitt is definitely an elite recruiter. More importantly, he can identify talent. It'll be interesting to see how the UGA UT games play out after Pruitt gets his talent on the field. Both are elite recruiters that can identify talent, especially in the secondary, and will probably need the right OC or QB to win it all. IMO UGA and UT are in the best position to take advantage of a post Saban SEC. Orgeron can recruit as well, but LSU mainly recruits their state. Not sure how long Fisher sticks around a&m, but he generally recruits the TX and LA areas. Auburn will benefit too, but Malzahn may be gone and they could be starting fresh. That leaves Smart, Pruitt, and Mullen to fill the recruiting void that Saban will leave and one of those three can't hang when it comes to recruiting.

Can we at least all agree to a simple, screw Georgia and Florida and Go Vols!? Yeah, yeah they're good teams that routinely beat us, bla bla bla. Screw 'em. Save the fight for the swamp, boys. They'll be plenty of urine balloons to dodge soon enough.

VN Store

Back