Vols Practice Thread #11

Fingers

OC Jim Chaney was back working closely and exclusively with the offensive line during today's open period.
-Ubben

I’ve seen Eric Gray live a few times but even around the rest of Tennessee’s tailbacks, his burst his just different. He’s got thick legs and a quick feet. He had a drop in a pass-skeleton drill but his explosiveness is obvious. Ty Chandler and Tim Jordan both looked sharp in the contact drill and Jordan skied for a nice snag on a high throw. Jeremy Banks was running third or fourth on all drills. Whatever nagging injury he had earlier in camp appears behind him.

The tight ends spent two periods working on combo-scheme blocking. Four NFL scouts (Pats, Dolphins, Lions and Panthers) were paying close attention to Dominick Wood-Anderson.

Brandon Johnson and Marquez Callaway were both physical during their reps, receiving praise from Tee Martin. During the routes on air period, the quarterbacks were a little hot today, throwing the wideouts out of bounds on several deep outs and corner routes.

I didn’t see much defensively at all Wednesday, but Roman Harrison was on the bike and not with the outside linebackers. After being dinged up Tuesday, Daniel Bituli was full-go today. Also notably, Aubrey Solomon (at the back of the line for all indy drills) and Riley Locklear were headed to the bike to work with the S&C staff instead of participate in team drills
j.simonton

For the second day in a row, Michigan transfer Aubrey Solomon was last to go through the drill.
At outside linebacker, the group continued to work on pass-rushing drills with Chris Rumph. Darrell Taylor was first through the drill, followed by Kivon Bennett, Nyles Gaddy, Ethan Rinke, Quavaris Crouch, and Deandre Johnson.
Roman Harrison worked on a bike instead of going through drills.
The inside linebackers worked on tackling the ball carrier and wrapping up, as well as working back to the football in coverage. Daniel Bituli continues to be the vocal leader of the group and first through drills.
Bituli continues to take Peterson under his wing. He’s encouraged and coached Peterson in multiple drills this fall camp.
In routes-versus-air, the quarterbacks and wide receivers had a pretty clean day. The quarterbacks overthrew the wide receivers on a couple of deep balls, however.
The only noticeable observation I could make along the offensive line was that Brandon Kennedy was receiving some work at left guard alongside Wanya Morris, who was working at left tackle.
b.mckee

Pruitt overall didn't like how high many of the players went through the drill, telling multiple linemen, including newcomers Elijah Simmons and Darel Middleton, to get their pad level down or that they were too high while going through the drill.
Notably, freshman Wanya Morris appeared to get some work at left guard. Brandon Kennedy and Jerome Carvin looked to take most of their reps at center, with Ryan Johnson at right guard and Darnell Wright at right tackle. Jahmir Johnson worked at left tackle, Marcus Tatum at right tackle, Trey Smith at left guard and K'Rojhn Calbert at right guard. Riley Locklear also looked to be a little bit limited during drills.
Part of the mesh-point period including handoffs on jet sweeps and end-arounds with receivers Tyler Byrd and Ramel Keyton joining the running back trio Ty Chandler, Tim Jordan and Eric Gray, who earlier dropped a pass on a low throw from Brian Maurer.
Routes-on-air went smoothly, though Shrout threw one well wide of Cedric Tillman and a few receivers didn't get their feet inbounds on out routes toward the sideline.
p.brown

Last edited:
Hey, don't complain lol. In all seriousness, I'm sure we'll see some more updates here later
I was just wondering if that was all that was reported, or if he continues to update. I've not really paid attention to that in that past. I usually read it at night when it's all there.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
I was just wondering if that was all that was reported, or if he continues to update. I've not really paid attention to that in that past. I usually read it at night when it's all there.
Yeah mostly it is a stream of awesome updates from my experience.

Like a little espresso after lunch.

Reactions: VolDC and Volanta
yes but you need to send cc info to cover shipping and handling. Please don't forget to include billing address and CVV number from back of card. Your prize is waiting.

something-isnt-right-but-what.jpg

VN Store

Back