Question to those who listen to Tony Basilio's show

Brave Volunteer

Is it me or have you noticed a bit of a change with him and his radio show the last couple of weeks? For one, he has all but stopped interacting with his Periscope listeners. I never hear him comment on anything that gets posted on there. Plus, he used to interact with Periscope quite regularly in between commercial breaks. He doesn't do that anymore it seems. Second, he doesn't seem to be doing any "overtime" segments anymore for his streaming audience. The last few times I've tuned in, as soon as 1:00 hits he's gone and off the air. I'm just curious if he addressed either of these things at some point and I just missed it. Has this been a conscious decision on his part or have I happened to be tuning in on the wrong days?

That reminds me of the famous Alfred E. Neuman quote on procrastination:
"Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow?"

Alfred E. Neuman, RIP. That's a blast from the past. I used to read Mad magazine when I was a kid in the 60s. Read they aren't going to publish new stuff anymore. Going to republish stuff from the past 67 years. With the insane political climate we have today you would think they would have plenty of stuff to parody but I guess no one reads magazines anymore.

"Empty cans along the road are ugly many say,
But, at night, reflecting bright, they safely guide the way!"
And...
"Whenever o'er the waves I sail, going down, then going up,
You'll often find me at the rail - getting sick and throwing up!"

i remember this Mad stuff from fifty years ago, but can still get lost going to my bank.

He did an overtime last week I believe. He's kept to the schedule during the off season to rest up for all the stuff he does during the football season, at least that's my guess. He did do an overtime for the K. Johnson commitment for basketball (he double booked himself and had people fill in for him).

Alfred E. Neuman, RIP. That's a blast from the past. I used to read Mad magazine when I was a kid in the 60s. Read they aren't going to publish new stuff anymore. Going to republish stuff from the past 67 years. With the insane political climate we have today you would think they would have plenty of stuff to parody but I guess no one reads magazines anymore.
That's an understatement.
Alfred E. was my hero back in the vast wasteland of my pre-teen and teenage years.
I couldn't wait for the next edition to come out. The TV show and movie parodies alone made it worth the price.
Spent most of my pennies back in the day on MAD, comic books and Science Fiction paperbacks.
Had to sneak a peak at my dad's hidden copy of Playboy for the, uh, highbrow reading material.

Reactions: Type Orange+
He did an overtime last week I believe. He's kept to the schedule during the off season to rest up for all the stuff he does during the football season, at least that's my guess. He did do an overtime for the K. Johnson commitment for basketball (he double booked himself and had people fill in for him).

Yep, he’ll be doing 3+ hour 5th quarter fan reaction shows after football wins, or 5+ hour shows after losses. I suggest tuning in either way. It can be pretty cathartic as a Vol fan.

Thanks. But what I meant was a lot of times he'll stay on the air beyond the 1:00 hour on his daily show for the people streaming. He hasnt done that in a while.

Alfred E. was my hero back in the vast wasteland of my pre-teen and teenage years.
I couldn't wait for the next edition to come out. The TV show and movie parodies alone made it worth the price.
Spent most of my pennies back in the day on MAD, comic books and Science Fiction paperbacks.
Had to sneak a peak at my dad's hidden copy of Playboy for the, uh, highbrow reading material.

Ah, yeah. Playboy, I mean Mad was a big fave. Comics, sci fi novels and my neighbor's dad had a subscription to Playboy then Penthouse came along pushing the envelope. Now kids can see way too much on the internet any time they want. Kids just don't understand how hard life was for us, lol.

Did your mother catch you with that Playboy Magazine playing whackyjackey?

Is it me or have you noticed a bit of a change with him and his radio show the last couple of weeks? For one, he has all but stopped interacting with his Periscope listeners. I never hear him comment on anything that gets posted on there. Plus, he used to interact with Periscope quite regularly in between commercial breaks. He doesn't do that anymore it seems. Second, he doesn't seem to be doing any "overtime" segments anymore for his streaming audience. The last few times I've tuned in, as soon as 1:00 hits he's gone and off the air. I'm just curious if he addressed either of these things at some point and I just missed it. Has this been a conscious decision on his part or have I happened to be tuning in on the wrong days?

Not to "put down" this thread, but.... This and several other threads lately make me think our VolNatiion site is turning into the old newspaper type "critics column". Can't see where this thread has anything to do with football, per se, and most definitely nothing about Vols football. HURRY UP SEASON!!!!

VN Store

Back