Bill Curry says the Tennessee’s of the world always come back

Do you guys remember Watson Brown and how he complimented us after the UAB game of 2005? I'm paraphrasing this, now, but he said we were just as good in '05 as we were in '98. So, I wouldn't put much into what a former coach says about us.
Yes, a coach hyping a team they play is EXACTLY the same as pointing out cfb is cyclical for big programs.

giphy-22.gif

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Do you guys remember Watson Brown and how he complimented us after the UAB game of 2005? I'm paraphrasing this, now, but he said we were just as good in '05 as we were in '98. So, I wouldn't put much into what a former coach says about us.
My recollection is that we were hit unusually hard by injuries in 2005. LBs and OL is what I seem to recall. We had had a pretty good team in 04, the last year that we beat both Bama and FL.

Fine words, Bill, but you should know that there is only one Tennessee.

Colorado Buffalos say hello

I always think of Ole Miss in these situations. Throughout most of the Johnny Vaught years, they were a top 10 team nationally. Really haven't had any national sustained national success since Archie left campus.

Tennessee will not be back until the Board of Trustees determines football is important for the University. Problems began when they changed the academic requirements making it harder to get the borderline student athletes into school. Then they hired Mike Hamilton who completed the destruction. The Board also hired a succession of outsiders into the president's office who wanted to make UT the Harvard of the South.

The University has also made the decision to spend Hundreds of millions of dollars on facilities but always go bargain basement hunting when they hire a coach. Maybe, they have hit a HR with Pruitt and Vitello but neither one of those guys were proven HC at any level and UT got them on the cheap. Prior to that we had a succession of low budge losers like Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch in football. You normally get what you pay for.

VN Store

Back