Tidbit on 1st scrimmage {video clips inside)

“Believe”? No. But there is reason to “hope.”

Brady Quinn was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Charlie Weis fixed him.
Carson Palmer was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Norm Chow fixed him.
Jon Crompton was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Kiffin/Chaney fixed him.
Erik Ainge was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Cutcliffe fixed him.

QB is such a mental position, which means coaching at that position can affect it more than any other. JG has all the physical tools. We’ve seen QB gurus fix broken, but talented QBs before. There is plenty of reason to hope that Chaney can do it with JG.
physical tools is debatable...guy has legs made of osmium.

I have never been impressed with buchanan
He held his own last year. Not saying he's all sec, but he still is probably the 3rd best corner we have and best nickel corner we have, and certainly the most experienced.

Did CJP have a presser following the scrimmage? Could someone provide a link if so? Thanks

Not surprised at all that Defense got the better of offense. I remember watching the highlights of Gray in HS and dude was super elusive. Good to hear he is most likely going to make an impact early. If Emerson can emerge as a playmaker on the DL, then it makes the loss of Gooden not as bad. GBO!

Not sure if I heard correctly, but Doug Matthews said that only CJP would be at the scrimmage. Anybody hear that or was I dreaming?
You mis-heard him. The coaches will be there, they just werent on the field like a normal practice, they were on the sidelines to simulate a game. Doug said only Coach Pruitt would be on the field walking around, so that’s probably what you heard.

They got to stop shuffling the O-line around pick your starting 5 so they can gel and learn how to work together. They running out of time the o-line is a unit that has to be on the same page or they will be chasing d-line during stunts.

The OL is a revolving door year round for most College teams because injuries are going to happen to OL. Practising different sets at this juncture is necessary.

They got to stop shuffling the O-line around pick your starting 5 so they can gel and learn how to work together. They running out of time the o-line is a unit that has to be on the same page or they will be chasing d-line during stunts.
Did you text or call coach Pruitt and let him know? Hurry up man! Our season depends on it!

Reactions: Samthebam
i think this will only be an issue if they're still shuffling once the season started. you gotta figure with the new guys (morris, wright and akpro, and probably lampley at some level) they're all going to figure in to the line up somewhere. they need to get them some reps to find out.

i think for the vets, they basically have those guys figured out. and it seems like Morris is all but set at LT. Smith is set at LG if he can go, but if not, who's that "next" guy? Kennedy set at C, but who's next? then the right side of the line, that's where they have some figuring out to do.

i don't get the impression that the shuffling we're seeing this year is the same as we've seen the past 3 years.....i definitley felt the way you do about the past couple seasons. this year, feels more like what it should feel like. who's the best group? which ones work the best with who? not trying to fiture out who can play what position.........totally different feel to it this year.

i think i'm excited about Sham getting more reps at Star. a) i really think that kid can play. b) hopefully that means he's bought in and gotten himself out of the doghouse, attitude wise.

HT and Crouch are going to do good things this season....really excited about both of them.

not worried at all about the secondary.

Emerson....would be huge if he is actually good enough to be in the 2 deep, and not getting those reps because we need bodies.

“I think as soon as you can find your five best players and try to put them in the positions you need them at, the sooner the better. It's like anything else. You also don't want to do it so early that you're losing competition, too. We want to let this thing play out and see who the best players are. I'm interested about that. It will be good to see,” offensive coordinator Jim Chaney said when asked about how quick he needed to find his five.

Reactions: Bret178
Ainge and Crompton are two good, recent examples where OC changes completely turned a QB around.

Those guys were coachable...
They were also products of failed systems before the real coaching came.

JG is not coachable imo...

@Behr once again, just being the lowly middleman and want to be clear. This *IS* a poster, not a reporter. I've read enough to believe them and that they would've seen practice, but would never tell someone else to. Either way, here you go.
Why are you trying to keep AV anonymous? He posted this on this very website one forum down lol

Where did you see or hear this?
Several sources thought Aubrey Solomon and Greg Emerson had nice days, with each playing with the 1s at defensive tackle and nose tackle and recording sacks. Darel Middleton also ran with the 1s at times.

Solomon and Emerson both had sacks. Not a sack each, but sacks, indicating both had more than 1

Reactions: swchandler1988

VN Store

Back