If anybody listens to Coach Mathews, please synopsize.

Aaaaannnnnd .... add to that that 63.4% of those players have never even had a suitcase before, and it's easy to see why the players looked overwhelmed on the field!
Add to that, 50% of them still have to sleep with their blankie and the light on.

Doug had Bud Ford on and will for the next few weeks. The "official" UT historian - a replacement to Haywood Harris. Interesting, except that Doug talked more about the history that Ford did. I wanted to say.. Doug.. close your pie hole and let him tell his story.. Anybody else notice that? It was interesting. Early 60's.. A lot transitioned during the Dickey years. T on the helmet, running through the T, checkerboards revitialized (only to disappear and now they are back again).

On Solomon.. he gave an "oh well.. if he's back, we can use him, if not, redshirt and we have him for 2 more years".. Maybe that's the right answer. As for rebuilding, my opinion is a) we will do better than last year b) we will make it to a bowl. c) Still a "throwaway year".. Maybe good to keep some of our powder dry for next season. He included Gooden in that statement.
Methinks Bud Ford will be more comfortable next time. Still remember the Kiffin "midnight farewell" when old Bud was left to face the media, holding that rolled up paper like a club. Enjoy Doug's history segments.

I used to give Doug a listen until the 104.5 podcast feed started flooding listeners with 5 min snippets from every tom, dick and harry with a computer...none of which were worth listening to IMO.

After a bit, it started to feel like Doug's show didn't really cover any new ground. Just comparing what Pruitt is trying to do vs what he watched Majors and Fulmer do. I suppose there's some value in that because he obviously has sponsors and stays on the air, but it just really got stale for me. The 5 min snippets as a podcast just sealed the deal.

Doug had Bud Ford on and will for the next few weeks. The "official" UT historian - a replacement to Haywood Harris. Interesting, except that Doug talked more about the history that Ford did. I wanted to say.. Doug.. close your pie hole and let him tell his story.. Anybody else notice that? It was interesting. Early 60's.. A lot transitioned during the Dickey years. T on the helmet, running through the T, checkerboards revitialized (only to disappear and now they are back again).

On Solomon.. he gave an "oh well.. if he's back, we can use him, if not, redshirt and we have him for 2 more years".. Maybe that's the right answer. As for rebuilding, my opinion is a) we will do better than last year b) we will make it to a bowl. c) Still a "throwaway year".. Maybe good to keep some of our powder dry for next season. He included Gooden in that statement.

Pruitt and the Staff aren't thinking about next year. They are thinking how to win every game Now.

Methinks Bud Ford will be more comfortable next time. Still remember the Kiffin "midnight farewell" when old Bud was left to face the media, holding that rolled up paper like a club. Enjoy Doug's history segments.

Agree.. Doug just got excited. I do remember that awkward as hell press conference. That was pretty much on Kiffin. In my opinion, he didn't handle that right. It was the start of a burned bridge for him, however - surprisingly many here were begging to have him back (And I must admit, I'd have taken him over Schiano). Yes, it'll be good next week with Bud. Where did Bobby Majors go? He was supposed to be on the week before but it got postponed. Would love to hear his story. As many times as I've been around Johnny Majors, I never heard him speak any about little brother Bobby, nor have I seen them together in any photos. Wonder how close they are? Wonder what his memories of the train wreck that killed brother Bill and 2 other UT assistant coaches in 1965?

Reactions: feathersax
Where did Bobby Majors go? He was supposed to be on the week before but it got postponed. Would love to hear his story. As many times as I've been around Johnny Majors, I never heard him speak any about little brother Bobby, nor have I seen them together in any photos. Wonder how close they are? Wonder what his memories of the train wreck that killed brother Bill and 2 other UT assistant coaches in 1965?

I don't know about where he is (although I thought he worked in Cookeville) or his relationship with his brother, but I think Bobby Majors (along with Larry Seivers and Al Wilson) is on the National Football Foundation's 2020 College Football Hall of Fame ballot. Good luck to all three.

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back