'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

I think Bucksnort has snorted once too often. Centers do not have to be 310 lbs to play that position. He is plenty strong and agile for the position. He needs to be moart and call the offensive line responsibilities when the defense is read. He will likely be an all SEC type center in his JR & Sr years. In fat, he will likely be a better player than his older brother.

Reactions: tatervol
I think Bucksnort has snorted once too often. Centers do not have to be 310 lbs to play that position. He is plenty strong and agile for the position. He needs to be moart and call the offensive line responsibilities when the defense is read. He will likely be an all SEC type center in his JR & Sr years. In fat, he will likely be a better player than his older brother.

I'm not sure I want him to be better than his brother in fat.

😁

Cooper's around 285 now and in a good training program. By the time he hits campus in January and spends a year with Fitz, he could easily be 310 of good weight. He could play some as a FR... but give him a RS year, and his size and strength won't be an issue at all.

It wouldn’t shock me to see him start day 1 at C. I know we have Carvin and Johnson cross training there but Cooper seems to have more of that constant nasty streak in him. Imo that could put him over the top

Reactions: jerrync and LA Vol
It wouldn’t shock me to see him start day 1 at C. I know we have Carvin and Johnson cross training there but Cooper seems to have more of that constant nasty streak in him. Imo that could put him over the top

Absolutely. He'll go through spring practice and get in nine months of S&C and fall camp, which could make him the best option. He has something he wants to prove, so he'll be driven.

I'm not sure I want him to be better than his brother in fat.
😁

Even if he's moart?

Carvin is starting LG next year imo

Cooper's around 285 now and in a good training program. By the time he hits campus in January and spends a year with Fitz, he could easily be 310 of good weight. He could play some as a FR... but give him a RS year, and his size and strength won't be an issue at all.
According to UGAs main journalist, he’s 2nd strongest on their team outside of Cleveland. He’s benching 450+. They have some guys coming in that are stout, maybe Salyer I saw. Tate Ratledge isn’t getting 400 from what I’ve seen.

Reactions: LA Vol and T Dog
They’re planning on Lampley being C after Kennedy and Johnson leave after this season i believe. He’s been a stud since his sophomore year in HS and has gone from 300-305 in the spring to 318-320 right now. That dude has the mean streak, and he’s smart as hell

They’re planning on Lampley being C after Kennedy and Johnson leave after this season i believe. He’s been a stud since his sophomore year in HS and has gone from 300-305 in the spring to 318-320 right now. That dude has the mean streak, and he’s smart as hell
Johnson will be back..he is currently a junior

Just pulled up GA depth chart. Cade is a backup to a Junior and there are no Seniors starting on the Oline. Only juniors and sophomores. So barring injury or early draft Cade is a backup till his senior year.

Might actually get him as a grad transfer.

Really? Wow

VN Store

Back