The Players We Have

I heard that, too. I'm not alarmed over that. He's got what - 115 (?) - players on the team. Thirty or so need to be game ready (I think I got that from Coach Mathews), so, sure, there's going to be a bunch of guys that have a long way to go before they're SEC ready. He's pretty sparse with the compliments beyond "fine young man, good student"!

In short...it's a roster in transition. Right now people can say the older, experienced players don't have the talent and the younger players have the talent but lack experience. Plus there are positions lacking quality, SEC level depth. That's all true. I'm fine giving Pruitt time to turn over the roster as long as we see some signs of progress on Saturdays. Don't really care about recruiting rankings. Just show me that the players are being developed and we're gaining on the Bama/UGA/UF of the SEC.

I do expect to take some lumps over the next few years. The day we have a roster full of players Pruitt signed is the day there can be no excuses.

looking forward to these sleepers that are unknown that this coaching staff will be coaching up...…"have the ability but they have yet learned what to do"
also don't feel what he said should have anyone reading too much into what he said.....every team has at least 3 of the groups he described....then you have those that DGAS !

Reactions: Big Al Orange
In short...it's a roster in transition. Right now people can say the older, experienced players don't have the talent and the younger players have the talent but lack experience. Plus there are positions lacking quality, SEC level depth. That's all true. I'm fine giving Pruitt time to turn over the roster as long as we see some signs of progress on Saturdays. Don't really care about recruiting rankings. Just show me that the players are being developed and we're gaining on the Bama/UGA/UF of the SEC.

I do expect to take some lumps over the next few years. The day we have a roster full of players Pruitt signed is the day there can be no excuses.

Aight then

Could you imagine the nuclear meltdown and utter disaster this place would be if Pruitt came out and said were right where we need to be everyone is jelling and clicking on all fronts. We’re gonna be great and score a lot of points on both sides of the ball. Only to come out flat, out or shape, and lay an egg?

Reactions: 1vol8
I hope things get better than what Pruitt is saying is our current roster status.

The Vols are 1 year removed from a curb stomping from the Vanderbilt Sailors and 2 years removed from the worst season in UT history (including another curb stomping from Vanderbilt)
If the Vols win 7 or 8 games they will be considered to be on the rise.
Go Vols

Reactions: Titan05
The Vols are 1 year removed from a curb stomping from the Vanderbilt Sailors and 2 years removed from the worst season in UT history (including another curb stomping from Vanderbilt)
If the Vols win 7 or 8 games they will be considered to be on the rise.
Go Vols

We's comin. Yas sur, we's comin. Pruitt will put sum pride in them orang jersees "n" turen them luds. We's comin.

We's comin. Yas sur, we's comin. Pruitt will put sum pride in them orang jersees "n" turen them luds. We's comin.

Not so long ago an 8 win season at Tennessee was a failure
WoW, how things have changed, but Pruitt has got an up hill battle to winning the SEC east, no doubt about it
I’m pulling for ya coach Pruitt, God Speed
Go Vols

The fun part is..... we get to watch them grow this year while being better than last year. 2020 👀

VN Store

Back