Tidbit on 1st scrimmage {video clips inside)

Yeah no one does. Which is why it's so confusing to me that so many people believe his behavior will change after showing for 2 years now, what he does in game environments.

“Believe”? No. But there is reason to “hope.”

Brady Quinn was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Charlie Weis fixed him.
Carson Palmer was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Norm Chow fixed him.
Jon Crompton was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Kiffin/Chaney fixed him.
Erik Ainge was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Cutcliffe fixed him.

QB is such a mental position, which means coaching at that position can affect it more than any other. JG has all the physical tools. We’ve seen QB gurus fix broken, but talented QBs before. There is plenty of reason to hope that Chaney can do it with JG.

Last edited:
I just went back a reread 247. No mention of another sack but a poster did say Emerson got one today (in the comments section). That’s the only 2 I have read about.

Exactly. And they said crouch's plays were on 2nd team too. But when you already made up the narrative in yer mind I guess you read things and interpret what you want it to say.
I know LV is a huge Maurer fan, I was trying to figure out if he read something elsewhere.
Or actually took the report on the BM sack and mentally switched it to JG.

I know LV is a huge Maurer fan, I was trying to figure out if he read something elsewhere.
Thanks for shout out with the notes.

Funny how 2 different reports on Taylor and Burrell is just crappy journalism and isn't anything to talk about, but something negative about JG that wasn't even reported is already fact to a few.

Funny how 2 different reports on Taylor and Burrell is just crappy journalism and isn't anything to talk about, but something negative about JG that wasn't even reported is already fact to a few.
Ain't that something. Pretty sad for ones who have to do that

Reactions: Remy
“Believe”? No. But there is reason to “hope.”

Brady Quinn was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Charlie Weis fixed him.
Carson Palmer was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Norm Chow fixed him.
Jon Crompton was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Kiffin/Chaney fixed him.
Erik Ainge was a highly rated QB recruit who sucked until Cutcliffe fixed him.

QB is such a mental position, which means coaching at that position can affect it more than any other. JG has all the physical tools. We’ve seen QB gurus fix broken, but talented QBs before. There is plenty of reason to hope that Chaney can do it with JG.

JG doesn’t really need fixing though. He doesn’t suck

Ain't that something. Pretty sad for ones who have to do that
Yeah, but nobody "knows", they could be right about JG but to quote butchna on something else a long time ago that applies here too "we're all gonna find out at the same time".

Reactions: chargervol
Yeah, but nobody "knows", they could be right about JG but to quote butchna on something else a long time ago that applies here too "we're all gonna find out at the same time".
Right. It says right off the bat that no reporters saw the scrimmage so it's like a game of telephone with the details.

That would’ve been a major talking point if I had responded. But the last time I called out the media for being less than truthful I was called a conspiracy theorist.
Anything closed to the public will have a slant and I’m happy it happened. Maybe now some will trust others when they say “I seen it differently with my own eyes”.
Logical thinking will tell you they pick and choose what to report, what to talk up and what to talk down. To this day I haven’t read anything on the backup qbs in a positive light outside of this one saying “JT had a good day, but 1bad int”. They only talk about sacks, ints and fumbles. Why not td passes? So far if you believe everything you read is the entire truth JT and BM have yet to throw any tds, scramble out of danger or show anything positive from the qb position.

Reactions: Behr and VFL13

Not a problem, just a lowly middleman just passing it along.

Fwiw, when rumors were flying everywhere Solomon was cleared before the JP fall camp presser, someone shared that he definitely wasn't. Same person dropped a hint TN is now filling an appeal. I'll share what they do, you just keep trying to defend this place against the mob. 😅

giphy-40.gif

I've never been a "huge fan" of anyone until they actually did something, I guess it's important to some to say they were hanging on to the nutsack of someone before they did anything. It's that "I'm right on the internet" syndrome. #Irotis.

That would’ve been a major talking point if I had responded. But the last time I called out the media for being less than truthful I was called a conspiracy theorist.
Anything closed to the public will have a slant and I’m happy it happened. Maybe now some will trust others when they say “I seen it differently with my own eyes”.
Logical thinking will tell you they pick and choose what to report, what to talk up and what to talk down. To this day I haven’t read anything on the backup qbs in a positive light outside of this one saying “JT had a good day, but 1bad int”. They only talk about sacks, ints and fumbles. Why not td passes? So far if you believe everything you read is the entire truth JT and BM have yet to throw any tds, scramble out of danger or show anything positive from the qb position.
*Saw.

Hey, he ignored my point. Paybacks a bish. Lulz.
I gave up trying to stay on point, just no longer respond when the question or statement has nothing to do with the subject.

Me: I'm saying the car is red.
OP: "why don't you answer my question about the height of trees in Vietnam??? Proves I'm right".

Me:giphy-48.gif

They only have to tap him in scrimmage for a sack and the play dies. Little bit of a skewed stat with no other context. The O line was being shuffled around as well. Just no way of knowing how well the unit really played. It is def a raw nerve for us, though.

Good points.

@Behr once again, just being the lowly middleman and want to be clear. This *IS* a poster, not a reporter. I've read enough to believe them and that they would've seen practice, but would never tell someone else to. Either way, here you go.

Eric Gray reminds me a lot of Alvin K when it comes to his speed and elusiveness. Kid will be a game changer IMO for our offense. Every time he gets the ball you get the sense he could do something special. I think JT is our best option at back up qb based on what I have seen but I certainly don’t believe we want to see either him or Maurer in a game situation. There is definitive size difference on the O line with the addition of Wanya and DW...I believe our qb will actually have time to throw the ball this season which is exciting considering what we have had to watch the last few years. JG looks decent with his accuracy but I think Chaney will finally take advantage of his speed and elusiveness and let him run this year which he could be lethal with.
All that said we clearly are going to have some depth issues on both lines this year...We need another good recruiting cycle to truly be able to address the depth concerns on the lines of scrimmage.
The future is bright...the size difference in this years team compared to last is noticeable especially when standing next to them.

VN Store

Back