Tennessee 16.5 point underdogs to Florida

So butthurt.

Hey Jaws, you’re not a playoff contender. Quit crying.

Of course not, how could I be so crazy? It’s not like UF ended last year and begins this year in the top 8, it’s not like they return a 3-year starter at QB, stud RB’s, stud WR’s stacked up and a defense with All-SEC players at every level.

LW is right, 0-12.

Love the objective view. I do think the FL off-field issues and the loss of Defensive personnel will hinder FL in some way, maybe not against us but later in the season. I think people are putting a lot of stock in Dan Mullen to get the offense where it needs to be and as for our O-line, by the time we get to FL we will be much improved, hopefully, wright and morris will be as advertised. Pruitt seems a not as concerned as he was last year about the O-line and Chaney, well the man can run an offense and I am sure he will put the offense in a position where are weaknesses won't hinder us too much. With that said I am not sure how Sept. 21st will go. I reserve my decision until our game against BYU and the FL and Miami. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of this year but I do think it will be a fun season to watch regardless of wins and losses. I think we will see flashes and the potential of TN of Ole.

It will all come down to our QB.

Our defense will surprise them. Our D-Line will hold it's on. Taylor and the newcomers at OLB will create pressure. Our secondary against their WRs will be very interesting. And Vice Versa. Those are both strengths for each team.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Just curious, Why did Mullen close off all open practices to media availability for the rest of camp? (If I heard correctly)

He did, and he hasn’t specifically told me, but I’d guess for a few reasons: UF starts a week early and is in full game-planning mode for Miami and he’s trying to keep that under wraps. That’s not unusual for this stage of camp and many teams do it. In addition, most of the UF media are sniveling, sensationalist b!tch3s who are more interested in gotcha questions for the Orlando Sentinel and Tampa Tribune than they are bringing pertinent news to UF and college football fans.

Things aren’t completely closed off, by the way, there’s a big Fan Day going on today. That’s not exactly Fort Knox.

In his head, nothing is going wrong with Florida and they are going undefeated.

Wrong. Losing McWilliams due to injury hurts depth at CB, losing Huggins at Star reduces options there. I’ve said that. I’ve also said repeatedly that I am in wait and see mode with regard to the offensive line. I’ve also said while Franks looks to be improved and poised for a big year, I’ve also seen him completely crap his pants one too many times to be overly-confident about his play. And I’ll add this, if UF has one of those years where they lose a few starters on the o-line or in the secondary due to injuries, they’ll lose 4 or 5 games. But if UF stays healthy, they have a chance for a very big year.

I’m giving it to you as I see it.

He’s the Florida version of several posters here.

As opposed to the cultured, sophisticated, nuanced Gator fan who sends subtle jabs at both UT and UF fans, and constantly throws shade, not in the name of fandom for a particular team, but in the name of a greater calling as a fair arbiter.

In other words, a bs artist. I say what I believe and I mean what I say. If you don’t like it, ignore it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
As opposed to the cultured, sophisticated, nuanced Gator fan who, who sends subtle jabs at both UT and UF fans, and constantly throws shade, not in the name of fandom for a particular team, but in the name of a greater calling as a fair arbiter.

In other words, a bs artist. I say what I believe and I mean what I say. If you don’t like it, ignore it.
I understand Florida has a better team than UT but lets not act like they are guaranteed 10 wins this year. Yall got a tough schedule this year, especially with a bunch of new offensive lineman.

Wrong. Losing McWilliams due to injury hurts depth at CB, losing Huggins at Star reduces options there. I’ve said that. I’ve also said repeatedly that I am in wait and see mode with regard to the offensive line. I’ve also said while Franks looks to be improved and poised for a big year, I’ve also seen him completely crap his pants one too many times to be overly-confident about his play. And I’ll add this, if UF has one of those years where they lose a few starters on the o-line or in the secondary due to injuries, they’ll lose 4 or 5 games. But if UF stays healthy, they have a chance for a very big year.

Ok then I never heard you say this I'm just going by what I have read from you in this thread. Florida has depth issues in the secondary yes your STARTERS are some of the best in the SEC but if your players get hurt it could hurt your season.

I understand Florida has a better team than UT but lets not act like they are guaranteed 10 wins this year. Yall got a tough schedule this year, especially with a bunch of new offensive lineman.

I’ve or predicted UF will go 10-2. Probable losses to LSU and Missouri. But I think UF will be good enough to beat everyone they play.

Ok then I never heard you say this I'm just going by what I have read from you in this thread. Florida has depth issues in the secondary yes your STARTERS are some of the best in the SEC but if your players get hurt it could hurt your season.

I don’t disagree, if CJ or Marco or Dean go down at CB, UF has to rely on some true freshmen. But what if any team in America lost their top 3 CB’s, I’m guessing they’d all be in a little trouble.

Could same the same about UT and allot of other colleges.

41-21, Gators. Gators will jump us early. We'll play even, in the 2nd half, after adjustments, and settling down. Swamp gobbles us up, this year. Take your lumps, and learn. Move on, win the next game.

Not all 11 dudes are SEC Caliber bro. Just admit it you are worried about the depth behind Florida's starters.

One more time:
CJ Henderson, Marco Wilson and Trey Dean are your starters at CB and Star, and they are ALL excellent, experienced SEC players. Amari Burney played Star last year and is excellent. He moved to LB but Grantham recently said he can still play Star and has Burney in some Star packages. That’s 4 solid, experienced, proven SEC players right there.

UF returns 4 safeties who all started and played extensively last year; Brad Stewart, Juwan Taylor, Shawn Davis and Donovan Stiner. That’s 4 more solid, experienced, proven SEC players.

That brings the total to 8 experienced, proven, solid SEC players in the secondary.

After that are three highly-rated true freshmen: Kaiir Elam, Jaydon Hill and Chester Kimbrough. If you want to think UF can’t have true freshmen play SEC-level football, you should do some research. UF produces true freshmen players in the secondary yearly, I’ll give you a who’s who list of names if you need it.

So 8 experienced guys, 3 talented newcomers. Hopefully UF doesn’t have to cancel the season with that horrible roster of talent in the Secondary.

As opposed to the cultured, sophisticated, nuanced Gator fan who sends subtle jabs at both UT and UF fans, and constantly throws shade, not in the name of fandom for a particular team, but in the name of a greater calling as a fair arbiter.

No. Took that personal. Wow.

My point was there are several posters here who folks believe are “overly optimistic”. Is it surprising that there may be a Gator fan that believes the team is capable of doing better than the experts think?

For the record, my opinions are honest as well. I also have a optimistic view of Florida this year.

But, just so we are clear, we are all bs artists here. Posters, radio hosts, the people at espn, etc. if we knew what we were talking about, we’d be a permanent fixture at Caesar’s Palace

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Yeah, you guys always have players back there.

Honestly, Bama's CB are prototype, but they got abused in the playoffs and SEC championship.

LSU with Fulton and True freshman Derek Stingley are better imo. Stingley is Champ Bailey good...

1) LSU
2) UF
3) Bama
4) Vols

Bryce Thompson and Alontae Taylor are young still, but they are complete CBs. Run support or pass defending, they can do it all.
Just like any great secondary, they need a pass rush to be very successful.

I wouldn't trade our tandem for anyone else's either. And our freshman Burrell is a prototype CB.

UF returns its top six WRs, five being seniors. I’ll take that against any true freshman CB.

Truth be told, you would too.

Of all of the dismissals and everything, Steele has an effect because he would have played, but it has more of an effect for next season.

There is actually a rumor of a guy quitting football (medical reasons) that has far more potential impact than any of the players who have left.

Again, some of these things do have an impact on the future (depending on future recruiting as well), but it never makes sense to me how people get worked up about true freshman or role players no one ever heard of no longer being a part of the team effecting the current year’s team.

Another FYI, rumor has it Miami is terrible. I am hesitant to believe that until I see it because I know when a team wearing that helmet takes the field, they have athletes. Having said that, I have heard they will be God awful. Will be more than happy if true

I think Miami will be pretty abysmal unfortunately.

Of course not, how could I be so crazy? It’s not like UF ended last year and begins this year in the top 8, it’s not like they return a 3-year starter at QB, stud RB’s, stud WR’s stacked up and a defense with All-SEC players at every level.

LW is right, 0-12.
And a disaster off season. It's bad in Gainsville. Toxic actually.

VN Store

Back