Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they look like SEC players, maybe they don’t but until I see the wins on Saturdays it’s just talk and hype.

It’s like Bobby Bowden always says, “everyone is undefeated in the preseason”.

True, but every team isn't the same in the preseason. Undefeated, yes, but with different probabilities of success based on variables that change from season to season.

I'm not trying to debate or change your opinion-- just pointing out that people who feel differently have logic on their side.

I missed it numerous pages ago, and don't remember which page it was on......what was that website y'all were talking about for the jerseys??

I'll hang up and listen.

So what your saying is, you refuse to believe that we are any better regardless of whose been added, how much they have gotten better physically, what new coaches we have added, how teams usually get better in the second year with new coaches, any reports by reporters, or anything else because you can't get beyond what happened last season and at the spring game. Okay

Those are assumptions and projections which may or may not be accurate only time will tell.

I want to see the evidence (in the form of wins) on the field before I believe it.

Until they start winning on Saturdays, I’m not buying the hype.

6-6 if they can end the 3 game losing streak to Vanderbilt.

True, but every team isn't the same in the preseason. Undefeated, yes, but with different probabilities of success based on variables that change from season to season.

I'm not trying to debate or change your opinion-- just pointing out that people who feel differently have logic on their side.
I can't come up with a single thing other than DL questions that resembles last year.
Coaching roles, system, talent, strength, speed, anything. Don't know what we'll see but I know it can't be "the same".

So you're out.

Until they win.

Then you're back.

Hm.

Wrong!!! I’m certainly not out! I have been a Vol for over 40 years.

I’m just tired of the hype each and every season and I will believe the wins when I see them.

Even though I don’t share the unbridled enthusiasm as many, I’m still a Vol and I want them to win each and every game!!

That's the 2nd time you've said you're "waiting for results" but not 1 of your posts sounds like you're waiting.

I have been watching and waiting for the real UT Football team to show up since the loss to LSU in the SECCG in 2001.

Almost 18 years now of mostly uninspired UT Football with a few exceptions like last season at Auburn.

Reactions: jlawso21

What’s the logic? Please explain.

Yet it's enough for you to say we won't beat Miss St or USC?

It’s enough for me to say the semi-annual flood of people from the ff rolling up in here to “keep it real” has begun, as if we all aren’t processing the same info.

We already have our resident pessimist, and his name is Catbone. I just scroll past the rest.

What’s the logic? Please explain.
Multiple recruiting classes of Pruitts players. A staff full of highly respected teachers and past winners. 2nd year of consistency in the weight room. 2nd year of HC duties for Pruitt. A big time upgrade at OC. One of the most experienced QBs in CFB. Returning almost all of our production on offense which has shown to lead to much improved results on the field. The much improved confidence of every player and person surrounding the program is visible and audible.

These things should lead to a better season.

Simply put, it’s much more logical to believe in year to year growth, than to believe that this will be the same football team from 2002, 2009, or even 2018. Too many changes year in year out in CFB.

This is like the gambler’s fallacy,

Those are assumptions and projections which may or may not be accurate only time will tell.

I want to see the evidence (in the form of wins) on the field before I believe it.

Until they start winning on Saturdays, I’m not buying the hype.

6-6 if they can end the 3 game losing streak to Vanderbilt.
Come back in October

Facts do matter.

Just because you weigh over 300 pounds, it doesn’t mean you can block a starting SEC DT.
Well its a good thing a couple of the 300lbers we added have 5 stars next to their names and offers from every top program in the country. I'm guessing they'll be able to block a few guys.

Year 2 is usually a big leap with a new staff. There's no denying the team is bigger and stronger, its obvious what Fitz and friends have done if you open your eyes. There's good reasons for optimism if you choose to see it.

Facts do matter.

Just because you weigh over 300 pounds, it doesn’t mean you can block a starting SEC DT.

Gunner, this is true, and I know as we all do, that those freshmen will get burned a few times by SEC caliber linemen. But, those big boys will get better with every game they play. The raw, green freshmen that steps out on the field for the first game, barring no injuries, will be a seasoned veteran by the time the vandy game rolls around this season. I could see ur and Barton’s 6-6 and I feel like 9-3 is a very remote possibility with some Auburnesque performances by the team. I am hoping for 8-4 but would still be pretty pleased with 7-5. That is because we will have a very young team this year. Those kids next year should be much better because they will be battle hardened.

He quit. He wasn't injured in practice and he was medically cleared to play. He'd been managing minor pain, but after Tuesday's practice, he told the coaches he was done. It was right after they moved him to guard and he realized he was going to fall down the depth chart. Sounds like he didn't want to deal with the grind if he wasn't going to be a starter... or put in the work to stay in the 2-deep.
He told the coaches he was done AFTER he spoke to the team doctor. So, unless you were in on the conversation he had with the medical team at length Tuesday, went with him for treatment Wednesday, and spoke to the medical team again Wednesday and Thursday, you simply don’t have all of the facts. And if you were in on those conversations, then your ethics need to be addressed as well as your HIPAA violations.

He told the coaches he was done AFTER he spoke to the team doctor. So, unless you were in on the conversation he had with the medical team at length Tuesday, went with him for treatment Wednesday, and spoke to the medical team again Wednesday and Thursday, you simply don’t have all of the facts. And if you were in on those conversations, then your ethics need to be addressed as well as your HIPAA violations.
If the medical issues are true then the quitting is even worse imo. Take your medical retirement and stick around for your teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back