We are #4 most annoying fan base. But #1 in mediocre programs!

If it's just for delusional entitlement, I don't mind that. They're just jealous of our history and afraid that we will be back.

As long as we are good hosts for visiting fans, and a bad experience for visiting teams during the game.

Who really pays that much attention to your history, much less worries about it, except a vol fan? Maybe, generally speaking, Alabama and a few traditional SEC teams and even then I doubt they are sitting around meditating on it. Nationally, I doubt seriously if people are spending the BTUs on Tennessee's relevance one way or the other.

Right now, who's paying that much attention to Nebraska. It's neither good or bad, it's just the way it is. Now Frost starts putting a product on the field that closely resembles Tom Osbourne's bunch, and the wait has already been a while, you'll see national relevance soon enough. The talking heads give all the attention needed to those who demand it through their success. And they have a long history of loving to get on bandwagons that haven't been in town lately.

Who really pays that much attention to your history, much less worries about it, except a vol fan?.

I stopped reading right there. Most of us know the truth and don't need you explaing it to us, we'd rather just concentrate on now.

Others disagree and you nor anyone else will change their mind. If you spent more time on your own board you would understand you can't change some people's minds and it's not just Tennessee fans.

So, it boils down to you just being a pos troll and rather than argue with you, I like to point out your douchbaggery to anyone that might have missed it.

Carry on.

Who really pays that much attention to your history, much less worries about it, except a vol fan? Maybe, generally speaking, Alabama and a few traditional SEC teams and even then I doubt they are sitting around meditating on it. Nationally, I doubt seriously if people are spending the BTUs on Tennessee's relevance one way or the other.

Right now, who's paying that much attention to Nebraska. It's neither good or bad, it's just the way it is. Now Frost starts putting a product on the field that closely resembles Tom Osbourne's bunch, and the wait has already been a while, you'll see national relevance soon enough. The talking heads give all the attention needed to those who demand it through their success. And they have a long history of loving to get on bandwagons that haven't been in town lately.
Hate to agree with a bammer but he's right. Not one program is worried about Tenn or gives a crap about a few good years in the 90s. Respect and fear is earned and getting destroyed by candy lately isn't how you earn it

I stopped reading right there. Most of us know the truth and don't need you explaing it to us, we'd rather just concentrate on now.

It would seem to me if you can't be bothered to read the stuff in the first place you shouldn't be in such a hurry to be offended.

And how do you know I was trying to change their mind. You didn't take a peek now, did you?

What an idiotic article, every decent team’s fans think their school is relevant. There is no top 5, it’s Bama fans and no one else. It’s not even close

Hate to agree with a bammer but he's right. Not one program is worried about Tenn or gives a crap about a few good years in the 90s. Respect and fear is earned and getting destroyed by candy lately isn't how you earn it

It matters to the fan base and that's fine. Lots of elite teams have had 20, 25 years to wander in the wilderness and some much longer than that to get it figured out. I mentioned Nebraska's 24-year journey, so far. I recall Oklahoma's heyday under Barry Switzer and then the sooners could barely play .500 football for the next decade until Stoops. Texas had 22 years between Darrell Royal and another championship under Mack Brown. USC has struggled like everyone else at some time. When John Robinson left in their heyday in 1982 they didn't have another nationally feared program until Pete Carroll in 2002. It's now been 10 years and 4 head coaches later since he left and USC is still looking for the next great thing to get them back to that elite level.

It ain't easy to stay elite even when you were elite.

It would seem to me if you can't be bothered to read the stuff in the first place you shouldn't be in such a hurry to be offended.

And how do you know I was trying to change their mind. You didn't take a peek now, did you?

I wasn't offended, good grief. I've just seen it before. Lol, you can't bring anything worse than what some of our own brings. You're nothing special.

No I didn't peek. I know what you're about.

OMG. How could you two keep that kind of information from the rest of us? Wait til this gets out.

"Respect and fear is earned". Somebody gone steal that and get famous.

I wasn't offended, good grief. I've just seen it before. Lol, you can't bring anything worse than what some of our own brings. You're nothing special.

No I didn't peek. I know what you're about.

There's an old adage that goes: "That anyone replying on a matter before he hears it will be foolishness on his part."

I think you're letting your feelings get the best of you.

tenor.gif

We're totally annoying but I can't believe we beat out UGA. In the last 36 years they have 0 national titles and just 3 SEC titles but they act like they are CFB royalty.

Reactions: jonnon111
Doing my graduate thesis in Male Studies, and I can tell you this is all the result of "Vol Privilege". Whether we realize it or not, we're all guilty of Vol bias, and subconsciously discriminate against all other fan bases - some are suggesting we should pay reparations, and that the cisvolgendered among us that identify as males should disavow our cisvolnormative orthodoxy, grow mullets, and wear jorts and bras. Personally I'm disgusted with my privileged upbringing. But, hey, we're number 4!

You actually took classes in college to come up with that?

Tell ya what, Slick. You pay the effin reparations. Only thing I am disgusted with is the wasted 5 minutes I spent reading that nonsense. Whatever professor gave you the inspiration to write that needs to go to Libya and see how long he can teach those people that crap.

the Shiano thing is why we are on this imo.

However, everyone is happier GS didn't come here.

You actually took classes in college to come up with that?

Tell ya what, Slick. You pay the effin reparations. Only thing I am disgusted with is the wasted 5 minutes I spent reading that nonsense. Whatever professor gave you the inspiration to write that needs to go to Libya and see how long he can teach those people that crap.

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

Good, because I assumed you were serious. And I have met way too many jackwagons that actually think that way.

So, maybe you are not such a bad guy after all. In fact, if you could be as convincing in person as online, you might become an award winning actor. That is, if the world ever regains it's sanity.

People think UT fans are annoying because we have something called passion. When our football program is in the dumps, we still wear our orange proud and loud while most other fanbases would hide.
Agreed 100 ..that means we dont ride a band wagon only if we win .we will still be there no matter .in hopes our team prevails..now you know its annoying to come to neyland and hear rocky top 115 times a game up by 20 down by 20 it echoes off the hills and thru the hollows of big orange country .we are true fans its all we have ever known and ever will know

VN Store

Back