'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

If us winning 8+ games this year rested solely on the shoulders of Gooden...we were never winning 8 games. Of course, it would be better if he was out there, but some of you are overblowing this just a tad. I would completely understand this sort of freak out if JG tore his ACL. I feel terrible for Gooden and hope he comes back next year and kills it...but you guys are acting like we just lost Albert Haynesworth.

If us winning 8+ games this year rested solely on the shoulders of Gooden...we were never winning 8 games. Of course, it would be better if he was out there, but some of you are overblowing this just a tad. I would completely understand this sort of freak out if JG tore his ACL. I feel terrible for Gooden and hope he comes back next year and kills it...but you guys are acting like we just lost Albert Haynesworth.

Losing guys like this in fall camp is a blow but for me it's more about "what if we lose another one?" Then again, in 2014 we made a bowl game playing 3 DTs.

Not saying quite that, but losing each is relative to their team, depth, etc. Fact is Al was that team's best DL, with depth to boot. Emmit was this team's best DL, with no depth to boot.

Oh well, Greg, Elijah here we go...

Yes, if Solomon isnt eligible. Depth is scary bad at Dl
Our depth is essentially the same as last year, if not a little better. And Pruitt’s defenses have ALWAYS improved from one year to the next. Took the defense from 90th ranked something in 2017 to 46th last year i believe. And we’re bigger on the line if nothing, every single player

Our depth is essentially the same as last year, if not a little better. And Pruitt’s defenses have ALWAYS improved from one year to the next. Took the defense from 90th ranked something in 2017 to 46th last year i believe. And we’re bigger on the line if nothing, every single player

How is it better than last year?

At least last year we had guys that had played. I’d trade in a heart beat

Lost Alexis Johnson, Kyle Phillips, and Shy Tuttle and we are better off?

It’s okay to say it’s a setback, m’brothas.

Even so. Onward...
What if Savion Williams, Simmons and Middleton end up better fits in a 3-4? Not guaranteeing it...not ruling out.

How is it better than last year?

At least last year we had guys that had played. I’d trade in a heart beat
Phillips/Bain
Tuttle/Gooden
Alexis Johnson/Kingston

Solomon(?)/Savion/Bumphus
Emerson/Kingston/Simmons
Middleton/Butler/Mincy

I know the first string had experience but after that there was hardly anything (please forgive me Paul Bain). If guys flop this year, the ones that haven’t played, then we’re effed. But no reason to doubt that Pruitt wouldn’t bring in players

Phillips/Bain
Tuttle/Gooden
Alexis Johnson/Kingston

Solomon(?)/Savion/Bumphus
Emerson/Kingston/Simmons
Middleton/Butler/Mincy

I know the first string had experience but after that there was hardly anything (please forgive me Paul Bain). If guys flop this year, the ones that haven’t played, then we’re effed. But no reason to doubt that Pruitt wouldn’t bring in players

Sadly I think we need to be talking about the DL as if Solomon isn’t eligible.

Sadly I think we need to be talking about the DL as if Solomon isn’t eligible.
Fair point. I still see it as basically the same, just bigger. Let’s not pretend Tuttle never regained his freshman year form. And Phillips is in the Jets training camp but he never played anywhere close to his billing. He was good for us please don’t get me wrong

Fair point. I still see it as basically the same, just bigger. Let’s not pretend Tuttle never regained his freshman year form. And Phillips is in the Jets training camp but he never played anywhere close to his billing. He was good for us please don’t get me wrong

I thought Phillips was very solid last year at times

Reactions: swchandler1988
Cute

Odds are always in favor of older guys being better than younger first year players
Once again...where did you read these odds and where can I fact check them for myself? Or are you making up stuff again? 😎

VN Store

Back